Cub's Prospect Watch And Development Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The assumption being that playing longer is "better" for someone who also played in the AFL plus a full minor season. As for MLB experience, I doubt it's enough to significantly matter. As for nothing to learn, there's plenty to learn when you're still striking out at a 25%+ clip. I don't think Bryant will be as exposed as Baez has been but the point shouldn't be overlooked that the last big prospect the cubs had at that K rate is currently striking out at a 40%+ clip in the majors.

Don't get me wrong, I thought he was polished enough to skip AAA and frankly, I'm not sure that AAA really did much for him. Just saying at this point it's kind of starting a service clock for no real reason.If you're going to do that you may as well get a legit lengthy look at the player hence my suggestion of Alcantara's call up.

Its good to give him some rest as well. He played college ball then for the Cubs then for the AFL and then a whole minor league season. That is a lot of ball to play. That has part to do with it.

Last year he played a college ball season with loads of rest in between. Eventually after another break played some minor ball, then another long break before the AFL.

This year he played a minor league season and should add the Majors to it to round out the time. It's advantageous.

It'd be a nice reward for what he has done.

Yes his k's are high. But so is absolutely everything else on his game. No reason to keep him down, get him up and if the k rate can be improved let a major league hitting coach take the reigns at this point.

Nothing left for him to learn, especially with the season over.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you don't want people answering your questions, perhaps you shouldn't ask them. He's played a lot of ball. It's time to breathe a bit and get refreshed for the 162 game grind next year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sure he played alot of ball but you know it about super 2 especially if he not going north out of ST...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure he played alot of ball but you know it about super 2 especially if he not going north out of ST...

Buisness is part of it but I highly doubt they wait for super 2. Another year of control sure. Thats only 3 weeks into the season.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
3 seasons and 4 weeks in, holding the prize prospect down for a year of control seems disingenuous and against the whole "every season is sacred" line.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If you don't want people answering your questions, perhaps you shouldn't ask them. He's played a lot of ball. It's time to breathe a bit and get refreshed for the 162 game grind next year.
No idea if this is at me since I asked no question

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holding onto a player for another season goes against every season being sacred. Because that extra season isn't sacred.

:rolleyes:
You really think these 3 seasons were held sacred :rofl:

Cubbie Kool-Aid!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are we going through this again? People asked Rizzo about Bryant. He said the same thing. It's buisness. They understand it. It's the fans that done have a clue because they have nothing to do with buisness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are we going through this again? People asked Rizzo about Bryant. He said the same thing. It's buisness. They understand it. It's the fans that done have a clue because they have nothing to do with buisness

I have a clue because its shitty business to the prospect to hold him down when he's ready to play at the MLB level.

Easy for Rizzo to support management that paid him already.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a clue because its shitty business to the prospect to hold him down when he's ready to play at the MLB level.

Baseball is a business. Same as any other sport. Business will always come first. I think you need to watch the godfather fisch. It's business not personal

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CarrieMuskat: #Cubs Theo told Kris Bryant to prepare for 7 month season next year. MORE
@CarrieMuskat: Theo on Bryant: "I think he's close enough that he can start setting his sights on the big leagues." #Cubs

Ok, we know he will be up next year but is he saying out of ST or 2-3 weeks into April after season starts

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

TL1961

Liked Posts:
3 seasons and 4 weeks in, holding the prize prospect down for a year of control seems disingenuous and against the whole "every season is sacred" line.

Hogwash.

Three weeks of a season traded for a whole year of control after he's played for years and presumably improved? It's crazy not to do that, and every organization does it. Not every single player, but every organization.

Besides, you keep telling us next year they have no chance of contending, so why bother calling him up from ST? What is 'sacred" about 2015?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

When the Cubs call a prospect up, you ridicule fans for expecting them to be major league ready.

When they don't call a prospect up, you criticize the Cubs for holding down a guy when he's major league ready.

You just like to be critical. Nothing more. Nothing less.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hogwash.

Three weeks of a season traded for a whole year of control after he's played for years and presumably improved? It's crazy not to do that, and every organization does it. Not every single player, but every organization.

Besides, you keep telling us next year they have no chance of contending, so why bother calling him up from ST? What is 'sacred" about 2015?
Where did I say they had no chance of contending in 2015?

"Every season is sacred" is Theo's word, not mine.

Being objective is great. You should try it sometime.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CarrieMuskat: Schwarber hit grand slam, Vogelbach homered in @daytonacubs 11-1 win in 1st game of FSL semis. #Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.