Big Test For Trestman

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
By marching into GB and coming away with a win, the Bears got a huge boost and a leg up for taking the lead in the division.
If we still had the old coaching staff I would fully expect them to squander this opportunity they have tomorrow by losing to the Lions. The old 2 step forward 1 step backwards scenario. For one reason or another, they never had the ability to put the hammer down. Even the 06 season ended poorly.

Tomorrow will be a huge test for Trestman. We will see if he has the ability/gonads to put the hammer down on the division with a win vs the Lions. I expect a GB loss to P:bears:hilly, and winning tomorrow would give the Bears sole possession of the NFCN.

I for one believe Trestman not only has the ability and the will to take this next step, I believe he showed it with the 4th down call vs GB on Monday night.

We shall see. Suh will be trying all game to injure Jay, and the Bears need to watch his back even after the play has ended. I believe Suh will spare no expense to knock Cutler out. He will risk ejection, fine, suspensions etc to achieve this. Re injuring Cutler will give Detroit a boost in the division race.. For some strange reason the Lions fans find delight in the injuring Cutler scenario..

Bear Down, watch Jays back, and we should come away with a 7 point win..

:bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears:

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Bigger test for Tucker IMO.

I was going to mention this as well and I think its a bigger test for the players then it is for Trestman tool. Trestman has been calling some pretty good games offensively the past couple weeks and he has to keep being aggressive the way he has been. Tucker and the defensive players have the real challenge/test after last outing verse the Lions.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I was going to mention this as well and I think its a bigger test for the players then it is for Trestman tool. Trestman has been calling some pretty good games offensively the past couple weeks and he has to keep being aggressive the way he has been. Tucker and the defensive players have the real challenge/test after last outing verse the Lions.
Jeez, you didn't have to resort to name calling.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trestman has big fuck-off shiny ones. No doubts there. I just hope the defense puts on its big boy panties or else were in for a long one.

TRON

Liked Posts:
I just want Trest to come out with a solid game plan for Cutler like he did for McCown and put real emphasis on the run game. That should open up the field with a real play-action threat. As for the Defense they better shut down the run to some extent and for goodness sake don't give up big explosive plays over 15 yrds.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I really like how he had this team prepared after a bye. Seems like in years past the Bears looked really sloppy after two weeks off. Nice change of pace.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good points by many. Especially the Tucker comments

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I look forward to watching his offensive gameplans. Cant wait for tomorrow!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm excited to see how Trestman calls this game since he is facing the Lions for the 2nd time this year. What did he learn from that game? Did he see something from that game film that he can exploit? I expect us to come out of the gate quick this time.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really like how he had this team prepared after a bye. Seems like in years past the Bears looked really sloppy after two weeks off. Nice change of pace.

The Bears have done well after the bye

The Bears are 5-3 in games immediately following their bye week since Lovie Smith became coach in 2004. They lost in each of his first two seasons and are 5-1 since 2006, beating the 49ers 41-10 in 2006, Raiders 17-6 in 2007, Lions 27-23 in 2008, Bills 22-19 in 2010 and Eagles 30-24 in 2011. Their only loss during that span came in 2009 to the Falcons 21-14. Interestingly, the Bears won five straight in 2010 and three in a row last year after their bye.

I hope that continues tomorrow.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said during the bye that the game in Green Bay was going to be the biggest test for Trestman...he passed with flying colors.

No sir...this game is now the biggest test of the season for Jay Cutler. Coming off another injury and his offense didn't miss a beat without him.

Playoffs are on the line on Sunday. Can Cutler come back cold and finish what they started last week...take control of the NFC North.

(defense is another thread)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far the Bears passed the test 5 times, and failed the test 3 times. What happened to every game is equal.

Crusher17

Liked Posts:
We are more of a team this year. No ball distribution last year. We are balanced offensively, and are facing the aging of and injuries to the defense, which is not necessarily avoidable. Only real downside this year has been horrible safety play.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The Linebackers need to play at a high level this game... if they can make Detroit 1 dimensional by taking Bush out of the equation and force the ball to Calvin Johnson in coverage we should have a solid day from our defense...

If Reggie Bush gets going we are in trouble...

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah I noticed this too. Normally they'd be sloppy the first half, and start to get it together the 2nd half. Trestman definitely seems to have a very strategic mind and is very effective with the players.