OT - The Washington Redskins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is partially what riles me up about this. If those offended care, let them speak up. Let us listen. And by THEM, I mean THEM. The native Americans that have had to endure 90 years of hearing about the Washington Redskins. I want to hear it from them. I don't want to hear it from some assholes trying to save the world from racism that doesn't exist. Some assholes that come out because our president mentions it or because Bob Costas gets on a soap box or for whatever finally triggered them to realize that a football team could have a racist name. Umm, the team has been around for 90 years, you just woke up and realized this?

If this is really your concern then shouldn't you be engaging with the Native American groups that are on record as opposing this and not on a Bears message board? I mean Native Americans are barely over 1% of the population so do you think a bunch of them hang out on the CBMB? The Oneida Nation met with the NFL on this matter. They also commissioned a 30 page study on the topic. I suggest if you really want to hear from them to start there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...p-seek-washington-redskins-name-mascot-change

Once you are done reading that, you can refer to the below. I assume you are in Wisconsin. On the below site there is a Visit Us option where you can find out more about the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin. I am sure if you really wanted to engage with Native Americans on the topic, you can perhaps get in contact with them, maybe schedule a visit and have a fruitful discussion with them.

https://oneida-nsn.gov/

malcore

I now find the term Redskin extremely offensive when Packer Fan uses it.

Can Crystallas write a script that deletes all Packer Fan posts with mention of that word?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I now find the term Redskin extremely offensive when Packer Fan uses it.

Can Crystallas write a script that deletes all Packer Fan posts ?

Much better

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What I am shocked is how an owner of such a large company can just disregard blatant bigotry.

I mean to use the Oneida name without permission or compensation and to have such a set of caricatured mascots is appalling.

I am adding a picture of the mascots. Mod's delete if it is deemed too offensive.

Oneida flatware mascots:

31699.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And then you have crazy spoon fanatics, taking it too far:
As if Oneida would ever use plastic!!!

6300656519_4bf8ba6199_o.jpg

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this is really your concern then shouldn't you be engaging with the Native American groups that are on record as opposing this and not on a Bears message board? I mean Native Americans are barely over 1% of the population so do you think a bunch of them hang out on the CBMB? The Oneida Nation met with the NFL on this matter. They also commissioned a 30 page study on the topic. I suggest if you really want to hear from them to start there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...p-seek-washington-redskins-name-mascot-change

Once you are done reading that, you can refer to the below. I assume you are in Wisconsin. On the below site there is a Visit Us option where you can find out more about the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin. I am sure if you really wanted to engage with Native Americans on the topic, you can perhaps get in contact with them, maybe schedule a visit and have a fruitful discussion with them.

https://oneida-nsn.gov/

I didn't bring it up here. It came up here. And a bunch of people that didn't give two shits about it all of a sudden did. I'm here. I speak about it and I've centralized to this thread. But I don't have to put up the good fight for a team that has existed for 81 years. That is standing on it's own. My issue here is the outcry over it and why nothing was said until now? WTF?

Edit: Your assumption was wrong. Since I graduated from Wisconsin I have lived in Illinois and Minnesota (I did live in Wisconsin for 2.5 weeks between the two). But I won't be travelling to Wisconsin to make a point that has stood for 81 years. It's a fucking football team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn't bring it up here. It came up here. And a bunch of people that didn't give two shits about it all of a sudden did. I'm here. I speak about it and I've centralized to this thread. But I don't have to put up the good fight for a team that has existed for 81 years. That is standing on it's own. My issue here is the outcry over it and why nothing was said until now? WTF?

Edit: Your assumption was wrong. Since I graduated from Wisconsin I have lived in Illinois and Minnesota (I did live in Wisconsin for 2.5 weeks between the two). But I won't be travelling to Wisconsin to make a point that has stood for 81 years. It's a fucking football team.
Wait, aren't you the guy that made a big deal over the photo of Rogers being sacked? And now you are bitching about an outcry over a racially insensitive name?

So, let me get this straight. Your thinking is:
Picture of Aaron Rogers sacked= offensive and classless. Worthy of shame.
Stories about Native Americans being offended by a derogatory name used by a team = STFU whiners.

That's too funny.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Umm, let's revisit what you said.

That is partially what riles me up about this. If those offended care, let them speak up. Let us listen. And by THEM, I mean THEM. The native Americans that have had to endure 90 years of hearing about the Washington Redskins. I want to hear it from them. I don't want to hear it from some assholes trying to save the world from racism that doesn't exist. Some assholes that come out because our president mentions it or because Bob Costas gets on a soap box or for whatever finally triggered them to realize that a football team could have a racist name. Umm, the team has been around for 90 years, you just woke up and realized this?

The bold says you want to hear from Native Americans. I told you there are unlikely to be a lot of them here on the CBMB. I provided you an article that discusses their objections and told you where to find them. So either you want to hear from them or you were fucking lying when you made the claim. Which is it?

Here are the addresses of Native American tribes in Minnesota.

http://www.native-languages.org/minnesota.htm

While there are no current federally recognized tribes in Illinois, here is a link that discusses the historical tribes of Illinois most of which have relocated to Oklahoma. You can still contact them because as I am sure you are aware by your presence on the CBMB, you can converse with anyone over the internet or via email these days. Once you do get in contact with them so you can hear their opinions since according to the bold that is what you really want to know then feel free to share the response with us.

Or you can save everyone some time and just admit this thread has jack shit to do with you wanting to hear from Native Americans on this issue and everything to do with you stroking your own ego with your self righteous crusade.

http://www.native-languages.org/illinois.htm

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And just to nip this in the bud. On the off chance you decide to crusade again that you have cared about this issue for 20 years when you first wrote a paper on it. I think this probably belongs here instead of the Martin thread. Just so everyone can see how long you have championed for this issue.

I'm definitely hung up on it. I wrote about it 20 years ago. But now the world evolved in 20 years and now it is bad and stuff. I don't know how old Ole is but if he really cared, he would have made mention of it before it became National attention AGAIN. Right or wrong, the people that call it racist just when it comes up in the news, well, that's just ignorant.

Only a delusional egotist trumpets writing a paper on the issue 20 years ago trying to give the impression he cared so much about this issue when in fact you quite clearly said, "I didn't give a shit. I gave a shit about proper comma usage." Your crusade is built on a lie kid. You didn't give a shit about the issue then. You just wanted a good grade. You are a fake internet revolutionary. The only difference between you and Ole or anyone else is your English teacher who gave you the assignment.

Your assumptions are just under shitty.

In regards to the piece of work, it was pro native american. It was anti-redskins. Regarding my paper, it was an English class. We were graded on content taken from the article and how it was written. Not whether or not we agreed or disagreed with the Redskin name. I didn't give a shit. I gave a shit about proper comma usage.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...lly-change-their-name/page8?highlight=grammar

In any event, in case anyone wants to be an Internet Revolutionary like Packer Fan, please see a link below on how to properly write an essay for an English assignment. Unfortunately, it does not have tips on how to spam threads 20 years later about said assignment even when it is not the topic of the thread but I assume that anyone that has read the Martin thread has seen the textbook example of this from Packer Fan. I would refrain though from claiming this issue is so important to you when you have documented evidence of saying "I didn't give a shit." Let's try to avoid the mistakes of Packer Fan.

[video=youtube;C9nq886mOjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9nq886mOjA[/video]

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Polled 1.0625. I'm going to laugh at that for a while.

Good Will Hunting's 'Dots not feathers' was as racist and frustrating. I polled 0.825 Native American's and they all said the same…

Cheers to a fun read.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Umm, let's revisit what you said.

The bold says you want to hear from Native Americans. I told you there are unlikely to be a lot of them here on the CBMB. I provided you an article that discusses their objections and told you where to find them. So either you want to hear from them or you were fucking lying when you made the claim. Which is it?

Here are the addresses of Native American tribes in Minnesota.

http://www.native-languages.org/minnesota.htm

While there are no current federally recognized tribes in Illinois, here is a link that discusses the historical tribes of Illinois most of which have relocated to Oklahoma. You can still contact them because as I am sure you are aware by your presence on the CBMB, you can converse with anyone over the internet or via email these days. Once you do get in contact with them so you can hear their opinions since according to the bold that is what you really want to know then feel free to share the response with us.

Or you can save everyone some time and just admit this thread has jack shit to do with you wanting to hear from Native Americans on this issue and everything to do with you stroking your own ego with your self righteous crusade.

http://www.native-languages.org/illinois.htm

I have Native American ancestry and am not offended in the least. What offends me the most is Costas and the President injecting themselves and trying to race bait.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have Native American ancestry and am not offended in the least. What offends me the most is Costas and the President injecting themselves and trying to race bait.

What percentage of Native American are you. I can add you to my 1.0625/1.0625 poll.

This is my biggest issue with it. Obama and Costas and the members of this board (that includes you Remy) seem to have been asleep their entire life while the name has always existed.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
What percentage of Native American are you. I can add you to my 1.0625/1.0625 poll.

This is my biggest issue with it. Obama and Costas and the members of this board (that includes you Remy) seem to have been asleep their entire life while the name has always existed.

I don't know the percentage or what tribe; it could be as high as 25% or it could be less than the required 8%. The only thing I know is that if I spend a decent amount of time in the sun my skin literally turns red (not sunburnt).

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know the percentage or what tribe; it could be as high as 25% or it could be less than the required 8%. The only thing I know is that if I spend a decent amount of time in the sun my skin literally turns red (not sunburnt).

I'll be conservative and put you at 8%. I'm a paleface (sorry for the white slur there), I turn red too but it's sunburn.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And just to nip this in the bud. On the off chance you decide to crusade again that you have cared about this issue for 20 years when you first wrote a paper on it. I think this probably belongs here instead of the Martin thread. Just so everyone can see how long you have championed for this issue.

Only a delusional egotist trumpets writing a paper on the issue 20 years ago trying to give the impression he cared so much about this issue when in fact you quite clearly said, "I didn't give a shit. I gave a shit about proper comma usage." Your crusade is built on a lie kid. You didn't give a shit about the issue then. You just wanted a good grade. You are a fake internet revolutionary. The only difference between you and Ole or anyone else is your English teacher who gave you the assignment.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...lly-change-their-name/page8?highlight=grammar

In any event, in case anyone wants to be an Internet Revolutionary like Packer Fan, please see a link below on how to properly write an essay for an English assignment. Unfortunately, it does not have tips on how to spam threads 20 years later about said assignment even when it is not the topic of the thread but I assume that anyone that has read the Martin thread has seen the textbook example of this from Packer Fan. I would refrain though from claiming this issue is so important to you when you have documented evidence of saying "I didn't give a shit." Let's try to avoid the mistakes of Packer Fan.

[video=youtube;C9nq886mOjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9nq886mOjA[/video]

Remy, I created a new thread for efficiency. We don't have to jump back and forth from thread to thread.

Now why did you recently start advocating on behalf of Native Americans? Sudden urge?

But since I'm here, I will comment. You are right. I wasn't offended by a football team twenty years ago. I didn't give a shit It was and is a football team to me. Bolded for you because I didn't then, didn't at birth and don't now.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Remy, I created a new thread for efficiency. We don't have to jump back and forth from thread to thread.

Now why did you recently start advocating on behalf of Native Americans? Sudden urge?

But since I'm here, I will comment. You are right. I wasn't offended by a football team twenty years ago. I didn't give a shit It was and is a football team to me. Bolded for you because I didn't then, didn't at birth and don't now.

Maybe he's Native American?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But make a picture of Discount Double Choad being sacked and you kick off the heels and prepare for some hair pulling and eye gouges.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But make a picture of Discount Double Choad being sacked and you kick off the heels and prepare for some hair pulling and eye gouges.

The spirit of that thread was celebrating an injury. I don't condone that. Be it Rodgers or anyone. Celebrating an injury? Yes, I think that is classless.

Celebrating the tradition of a team of 81 years, one I grew up with my entire life, I'm good with that. Trying to resurrect a racial slur that isn't used just to bitch, that I'm against.

See the difference? They aren't really related at all.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day supporters are actually behind a derogatory term. Check any dictionary. Saying it means something else to you is just being ignorant.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The spirit of that thread was celebrating an injury. I don't condone that. Be it Rodgers or anyone. Celebrating an injury? Yes, I think that is classless.

Celebrating the tradition of a team of 81 years, one I grew up with my entire life, I'm good with that. Trying to resurrect a racial slur that isn't used just to bitch, that I'm against.

See the difference? They aren't really related at all.
The picture was titled Discount Double Sack. There are countless photos of QB's sacked and posterized. How about these:
Suckstobecutler.jpg
RexGrossman.png

You were the one that drew the celebrating injury conclusion.
And as you did, I guess we should assume every Packer fan is a classless douche, because a few made humorous gif's
Your arbitrary use of indignation and indifference is comical. Actually, I guess it is not arbitrary since you seem to systematically use them to bitch about just about any subject you chime in on.