OT - The Washington Redskins

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The picture was titled Discount Double Sack. There are countless photos of QB's sacked and posterized. How about these:
Suckstobecutler.jpg
RexGrossman.png

You were the one that drew the celebrating injury conclusion.
And as you did, I guess we should assume every Packer fan is a classless douche, because a few made humorous gif's
Your arbitrary use of indignation and indifference is comical. Actually, I guess it is not arbitrary since you seem to systematically use them to bitch about just about any subject you chime in on.

Except your esteemed brethren admitted that they were celebrating the injury. And I have no doubt that some Packer fans are morons and celebrate injuries of rivals. Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not them, or you.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would just like to say no native americans were injured in this thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, I created a new thread for efficiency. We don't have to jump back and forth from thread to thread.

Now why did you recently start advocating on behalf of Native Americans? Sudden urge?

But since I'm here, I will comment. You are right. I wasn't offended by a football team twenty years ago. I didn't give a shit It was and is a football team to me. Bolded for you because I didn't then, didn't at birth and don't now.

You claimed you had been engaged on this issue for 20 years. So I pointed out that you admitted it was an English paper 20 years ago that you didn't give a shit about. Just want to make sure you don't bring it up here and try to act like you have been so engaged with this issue for 20 years like you claimed in the other thread.

And I haven't just recently started advocating on behalf of Native Americans. I commented on it here because there was a thread about it. In the real world as I told you in the other thread I had a lot of friends who were from the Lumbee tribe around Pembroke in Robeson County NC. I also already told you that I heard them being called redskins usually with words like dirty, fucking, or the like preceding it.

So you either have a shitty memory or are just being incredibly disingenuous because you and I have have discussed this many times before. You wrote a paper once. Good for you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have Native American ancestry and am not offended in the least. What offends me the most is Costas and the President injecting themselves and trying to race bait.

I don't think anyone thinks every single Native American is offended just like apparently some black dudes on the Dolphins were cool with Cogs throwing around the N-word. The guy claims to want to hear from Native Americans but I notice he has yet to respond to my post providing him with information on the matter.

Maybe he's Native American?

Nope, I am black (or mixed to be precise). Just had a lot of Native American friends in college because I went to school at UNC-Chapel Hill and used to go down to UNC-Pembroke quite a bit which has a large Native American population.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
I thought I hated you before but now I find out your a d-bag ginger! HA!!

!!BLOW PACK BLOW!!

!!BURN GINGER BURN!!

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You claimed you had been engaged on this issue for 20 years. So I pointed out that you admitted it was an English paper 20 years ago that you didn't give a shit about. Just want to make sure you don't bring it up here and try to act like you have been so engaged with this issue for 20 years like you claimed in the other thread.

And I haven't just recently started advocating on behalf of Native Americans. I commented on it here because there was a thread about it. In the real world as I told you in the other thread I had a lot of friends who were from the Lumbee tribe around Pembroke in Robeson County NC. I also already told you that I heard them being called redskins usually with words like dirty, fucking, or the like preceding it.

So you either have a shitty memory or are just being incredibly disingenuous because you and I have have discussed this many times before. You wrote a paper once. Good for you.

I haven't been engaged with this issue for 20 years. I acknowledged the issue 20 years ago. It has since been thrown out of courts. It has since been brought up here and to our president and to Bob Costas who has been under a rock. Bob Costas is 61 fucking years old. For this to be an issue now is just absurd.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought I hated you before but now I find out your a d-bag ginger! HA!!

!!BURN GINGER BURN!!

Don't go there. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry about stupid shit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is pathetic. Get laid

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I haven't been engaged with this issue for 20 years. I acknowledged the issue 20 years ago. It has since been thrown out of courts. It has since been brought up here and to our president and to Bob Costas who has been under a rock. Bob Costas is 61 fucking years old. For this to be an issue now is just absurd.

The only person concerned with Costas is you. I don't give a shit about Costas.

Look I am just trying to help you. Either you care about what they have to say or you lied and all you care about is your crusade against Bob Costas.

That is partially what riles me up about this. If those offended care, let them speak up. Let us listen. And by THEM, I mean THEM. The native Americans that have had to endure 90 years of hearing about the Washington Redskins. I want to hear it from them. I don't want to hear it from some assholes trying to save the world from racism that doesn't exist. Some assholes that come out because our president mentions it or because Bob Costas gets on a soap box or for whatever finally triggered them to realize that a football team could have a racist name. Umm, the team has been around for 90 years, you just woke up and realized this?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...p-seek-washington-redskins-name-mascot-change

https://oneida-nsn.gov/

http://www.native-languages.org/minnesota.htm

http://www.native-languages.org/illinois.htm

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only person concerned with Costas is you. I don't give a shit about Costas.

Look I am just trying to help you. Either you care about what they have to say or you lied and all you care about is your crusade against Bob Costas.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...p-seek-washington-redskins-name-mascot-change

https://oneida-nsn.gov/

http://www.native-languages.org/minnesota.htm

http://www.native-languages.org/illinois.htm

1) The highly respected Annenberg Public Policy Center polled nearly 1,000 self-identified Native Americans from across the continental U.S. and found that 90% of Native Americans did not find the team name “Washington Redskins” to be “offensive.”

let them speak up. Let us listen. And by THEM, I mean THEM. The native Americans that have had to endure 90 years of hearing about the Washington Redskins. I want to hear it from them.

Do I really need to post articles proving the otherwise? You're a jackass Remy. Fight your own fights. Pay your bills, do whatever it is that you need to do to keep yourself busy. But trying to fight this (on a Bears Board) is just Special person. See, I don't have to leave here to fight it, there's nothing for me to fight. It's an established football team, has been for 81 years. You are the one that cares. I'm surprised you aren't all 3 stooges Curly crazy with steam pouring out of your head over this injustice. Go fight the good fight man. Go away. Fight it! Go Redskins.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not fighting anything. You asked to hear from them. I provided you links. If your only intention is to listen to the people that agree with you then why make the bolded statement? Either you were sincere in your statement or you are a liar? Which is it? If you want to admit you were just lying then fine, I will drop it. If you were sincere then again, I have provided you links about what Native Americans have to say.

That is partially what riles me up about this. If those offended care, let them speak up. Let us listen. And by THEM, I mean THEM. The native Americans that have had to endure 90 years of hearing about the Washington Redskins. I want to hear it from them. I don't want to hear it from some assholes trying to save the world from racism that doesn't exist. Some assholes that come out because our president mentions it or because Bob Costas gets on a soap box or for whatever finally triggered them to realize that a football team could have a racist name. Umm, the team has been around for 90 years, you just woke up and realized this?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/11/07/activists-to-protest-redskins-nickname-before-game/

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...s-name-travels-denver-broncos-game?source=rss

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is probably the best article I have read on the issue and it is from a Native American lawyer and author. He talks about being suspicious of liberals or people like Costas. He talks about how a lot of Native Americans don't care that much and how some of them do. He points out that part of the reason they don't care is because they have too much other fucked up shit to worry about. It's hard to get offended by a name when you have to worry about things like poverty.

So I leave it to you to ponder. Again, either you were sincere about wanting to hear from Native Americans (BOTH SIDES) or all you really want to do is hear from the ones that agree with you which coincidentally is one of the topics this author touches on. And perhaps you should read the below while recalling how you suggested people who think it is racist are neanderthals.

http://deadspin.com/redskins-a-natives-guide-to-debating-an-inglorious-1445909360

The "Redskins" debate is similar to the "N**ger" debate, yet unlike with the "N**ger" debate, outsiders feel perfectly comfortable telling Native people how they should feel. I suppose that's the most frustrating part of the debate—that we Native people, the folks who are the only meaningful stakeholders in this debate—are not allowed to have a voice in the matter. Correct that: We can have an opinion so long as it is pro-Redskin. Otherwise, we're being "too sensitive."

No non-black person has ever, EVER called a black person a "N**ger" in recent times and then told that black person that he was being "too sensitive" if/when he got upset. NO non-black person uses the internal value of the word "N**ger" as a justification for a non-black person to keep using the word. NO non-black person says, "The word 'N**ger' was pretty harmless at one time, therefore I'm going to just throw it around a bit. Try it out. See if it works for me." NO non-black person has ever gone rummaging through American cities in search of a black person who's not offended by the word "N**ger," and then held them up as proof that the word isn't so bad. ("See? There are some black folks that aren't offended by the word, therefore it CAN'T BE racist.")

Doesn't happen.

Why not? Because black folks decided that they wouldn't stand for the word anymore, and it's now understood that "N**ger" belongs to black folks. It's theirs to do with as they wish, and it's simply racist when other groups use it. If black people choose to use it, that's their business—they've paid a heavy price to own that word. Similarly, "redskins" is Native people's word. If it's unfortunate and sad that we use it, hey, that's our choice. We paid the price for this racist and loaded term.

Instead, we have a bunch of white men telling us that it's not racist, and a bunch of black folks who continue to think that it can't be racist because it's black men wearing the jerseys and, hey, it's just a football team.

That's the frustration—the voicelessness and inequality in treatment, and the people who don't see how this is like non-black folks using the word "N**ger," who don't even think that it might be racist. Hell, many Natives are just like me—not particularly concerned about the whole affair. It's not the biggest deal in the world. Yet even those of us who are indifferent have to look and notice the disparity in treatment. Every other racial group can—and should be able to—say what is offensive to them without being called "too sensitive." We cannot.

That prompts the question: Why not?

So I pass that question on to you: At one point, many white people openly called black people "N**gers." Those racists stopped, eventually, because many (not all) black people said that word was hurtful and offensive. That was a positive step—progress. In light of that racial progress, why wouldn't folks also stop calling another group of people, Native Americans, a word that many (not all) Native Americans likewise say is hurtful, racist, and offensive? Or, to put it another way: Shouldn't we have gotten to the point where non-racists feel uncomfortable using a word that a contingent of people find hurtful, racist, and offensive?

Peace.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Key words from your large post.

(not all)

Go Redskins.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well sure, I don't think anyone ever thought it was all. Not all black people are offended by N**ger as evidence by the Cogs situation.

But alas, I believe this response provided the proof I needed that your claim of wanting to here from Native Americans was simply a lie. You just want to listen to those Native Americans that share your view. Mission accomplished.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Don't go there. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry about stupid shit.

You mean when someone makes fun of you for your looks or because of your heritage??

Didn't you say it wouldn't bother you..???

What if you were the only firecrotch who didn't care for the name of the professional team of cowhearders "the Wisconsin Blowhard Gingers"??

What if every other carrot top didn't care about the name of the team but you were still offended??

Would you want the name changed??

!!BURN GINGER BURN!!

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean when someone makes fun of you for your looks or because of your heritage??

Didn't you say it wouldn't bother you..???

What if you were the only firecrotch who didn't care for the name of the professional team of cowhearders "the Wisconsin Blowhard Gingers"??

What if every other carrot top didn't care about the name of the team but you were still offended??

Would you want the name changed??

!!BURN GINGER BURN!!

There is professional cowherding? Awesome. What channel is that on?

And yes, it doesn't bother me if someone makes fun of my looks if you couldn't tell I was joking (I think you did). But you are who you are. Not much changing that unless you want to look like some sort of a combination of Bruce Jenner and Michael Jackson. Do you want that? Does your Dad want that? I don't want that. I'll take Ginger.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well sure, I don't think anyone ever thought it was all. Not all black people are offended by N**ger as evidence by the Cogs situation.

But alas, I believe this response provided the proof I needed that your claim of wanting to here from Native Americans was simply a lie. You just want to listen to those Native Americans that share your view. Mission accomplished.

I want to hear from the Native Americans and not you. Get it?

Edit: Go Away

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I want to hear from the Native Americans and not you. Get it?

Edit: Go Away

I didn't write the article, a Native American did. Like I said, you don't really want to hear from anyone that disagrees with you.

Furthermore, you were the one that kept asking me about it in another thread to the point I told you to go create a thread on the topic and I might post in it. So here I am. Now all of a sudden you want me to go away, lol.

http://deadspin.com/redskins-a-natives-guide-to-debating-an-inglorious-1445909360