Have We Seen the Best of Derrick Rose?

Liked Posts:
Have we seen the best of Derrick Rose?

It pains me to say it but I say yes.

The days of him breaking guys ankles on his way to dunking on somebodys head is OVER.

As we saw with Danny Manning and Grant Hill it's possible for him to return and to HAVE a very respectable remainder of his career. But as we remember with Penny Hardaway (and let's take into account that he has just injured the OTHER leg after severely wrecking the other) he returned and wasn't even a shell of who he was in years 1-4 and was reduced to nothing more than a jump shooter and a slow guard.

Poor Derrick Rose.

He worked so hard in his rehabilitation and now Greg Oden's knees are looking as good as his.

Blow the team up and let's have a good ole fashioned fire sale.

"Once you go under that knife you're never the same again." - Larry Bird

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
We saw the best of Rose his MVP season.
Good thing for him that he got it early IN HIS SHORTENED CAREER.
Dammed shame cause he would of potentially became a hall of famer............

It's also a shame how much money the Bulls owe him.
GOOD THING FOR DERRICK HE SIGNED THAT CONTRACT EARLIER IN HIS CAREER ALSO ...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
No league MVP has NOT gone to the hall of fame. Look at Bill Walton's career...

And I don't know who on here went to med school, but SHORTENING his career based on what limited knowledge you have concerning his injuries and rehabilitation...is incredibly naive. Enough already...

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

And I don't know who on here went to med school, but SHORTENING his career based on what limited knowledge you have concerning his injuries and rehabilitation...is incredibly naive. Enough already...
Funk off already

Liked Posts:
Hou lol he tore his ACL AND then tore his meniscus. This isn't exactly a runny nose or a twisted ankle.

This is WORSE than Penny Hardaway's and Bernard King's and on PAR with Grant Hill and Danny Manning's.

Did we see Penny Hardaway come back and BE Penny Hardaway in Phoenix, dunking and getting down the court in 4 seconds, breaking dribbles and scooping it in off the glass acrobatically, no-look like MJ?

Did we see Grant Hill come back and BE Grant Hill in Orlando? No - we saw him dressing beautifully and making 180 large to watch an NBA game from courtside for about 3 years and then as a ROLE PLAYER off the bench in the desert.

Again, he's going to have a decent remainder of his career. He'll probably play another 5-8 years 25-30 minutes or so a game AT BEST.

But like Grant Hill I see him being reduced to a 12-15 ppg scorer robbed of his speed, leaping ability and umph and it's a shame.

The problem with Rose though is like the Hardaway's and Hill's and King's (and even Jordan when he was old) he's going to have to reinvent his game and if all you do from 15 feet out or longer is CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG, and you can't make that string music from outside in the words of the immortal Travis Tritt, I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

#eyesayhey

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Bill Walton dominated the game and won a championship in the weakest era of the NBA.. Rose dominated the PG position 1 season. Now, if this is Rose's last knee injury, then fine, or injury amongst his other issues, but I don't feel he will come back to the level he once was.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
DRose is too short to dominate the NBA without athleticism, and lacks the intelligence to compete on the highest level as a pure facilitator.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The last 3 posters that commented on this thread are on the right logical page......Love or hate Rose, he WILL suffer from knee problems again.....It's inevitable.....Like I've said over and over again here, most of what makes Rose special is his ATHLETIC ABILITY with his drive step push and quickness....Those are all capabilities that rely on knee strenghth...Take those characteristics away from Rose, and he isn't that special anymore....especially for the 90 million dollars he will be payed for the next few years....The first red flag for me was last season when he didn't come back even with doctors permission...Derrick knew before the doctors and everyone else that it would never be the same...And yes, I did suggest trading him last season....His situation was an unknown last season and we still could of got value in return....NOW that his unknown is exposed, he is untradable, especially with his paycheck...........Never the less, I don't think the team should be built around Derrick as the center piece anymore.....We need someone else to build around.....Who that person is, I don't know yet....don't know if through free agency, Draft or trade....But I do know that Derrick Rose is NOT the man anymore...Nothing Personal Against Derricl, just logical truth..........May God help us all.....:pray:

By the way, when is Hue going to be put back on his medication again? The idiotic excuses he comes up with here maKes my skin crawl.

AND I DON'T CARE WHAT HE SAYS, I TRULY BELIEVE THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSONEL MOVE THAT NEED TO BE MADE IS IN THE FRONT OFFICE, THAT IS UNLESS YOU WANT INCOMPETENT PAX GAR BEING IN CHARGE OF ROSTER SHUFFLING IN THE REBUILDING PROJECT.....I sure as HELL dont....They weren't capable of significant roster moves before Roses injuries, what makes you think they are now? I don't fucking see it......

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The last 3 posters that commented on this thread are on the right logical page......Love or hate Rose, he WILL suffer from knee problems again.....It's inevitable.....Like I've said over and over again here, most of what makes Rose special is his ATHLETIC ABILITY with his drive step push and quickness....Those are all capabilities that rely on knee strenghth...Take those characteristics away from Rose, and he isn't that special anymore....especially for the 90 million dollars he will be payed for the next few years....The first red flag for me was last season when he didn't come back even with doctors permission...Derrick knew before the doctors and everyone else that it would never be the same...And yes, I did suggest trading him last season....His situation was an unknown last season and we still could of got value in return....NOW that his unknown is exposed, he is untradable, especially with his paycheck...........Never the less, I don't think the team should be built around Derrick as the center piece anymore.....We need someone else to build around.....Who that person is, I don't know yet....don't know if through free agency, Draft or trade....But I do know that Derrick Rose is NOT the man anymore...Nothing Personal Against Derricl, just logical truth..........May God help us all.....:pray:
]

If anything, that's why Rose DIDNT come back last season because he didn't want to look slow, unadjusted, and not the same as before. He figured by putting off coming back he'd come back in November 2013 and look exactly like he did in 2010-11. That's all it was. Rose has no idea that his knees aren't going to be the same. And no one really knows. Doctors say its a risk you have to be willing to take. Some guys are okay (Adrian Peterson) and other guys aren't (T-Mac, Grant Hill).

By the way, when is Hue going to be put back on his medication again? The idiotic excuses he comes up with here maKes my skin crawl.

He isn't wrong when he says no MVP has not gone to the Hall-of-Fame. All of them have. Rose will likely be the first to not make it at this point.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
]
He isn't wrong when he says no MVP has not gone to the Hall-of-Fame. All of them have. Rose will likely be the first to not make it at this point.

Okay, that is true, but i don't like how Hue tried to make it sound like Rose is a lock for the hall of fame......That simply isn't true...
And yes, Rose may make history and be the first not to be in hall of fame after being an mvp......

He might not even be an "all star" caliber player again

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

The question is when are you going to quit whining about MY opinions? The fact that you give so much of a damn makes my skin crawl...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
His vertical went up and he got more explosive off a torn ACL so I don't see how a meniscus tear automatically means it's over for him. He'll have to alter his game a bit but with his work ethic I see how reason why he can't return to all-star form. We won't know until we see. Everyone thought Adrian Peterson would never be the same and he even came back early and had one of the best seasons ever by a RB and that's a guy taking a hell of a lot more abuse than Derrick. Only time will tell.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
His vertical went up and he got more explosive off a torn ACL so I don't see how a meniscus tear automatically means it's over for him. He'll have to alter his game a bit but with his work ethic I see how reason why he can't return to all-star form. We won't know until we see. Everyone thought Adrian Peterson would never be the same and he even came back early and had one of the best seasons ever by a RB and that's a guy taking a hell of a lot more abuse than Derrick. Only time will tell.

Hope your right.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
Fuck it here it goes

When its all said and done Derick Rose 2 time comeback will make Adrian Peterson's comeback look worse than Miley Cyrus camel toe.
Miley-Cyrus-.jpg

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I agree with some of the points made by both sides in this thread.

Do I believe that D-Rose's career is over?....No.
Do I believe that D-Rose's pre-injury MVP level of play is over?....Yes.

I believe that Rose will return next season to eventually become an all-star caliber player, but he will no longer be on the level of Lebron, CP3, & KD (1st tier). He will fall down to the next level of all-star players that are not MVP caliber like Bosh, Wade, Harden, LMA, Zach Randolph, etc (2nd tier)........

IMHO, that's still good enough for us to win a championship with, providing the FO does everything in their power to bring in another 2nd tier superstar player & stud draft pick to play alongside of him.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
He needs to watch tape of Tony Parker and change his game. Rose is built as the strongest PG in the league, why can't he play an under the rim game?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I don't we will see the same derrick rose again mentally or physically. He probably won't be as explosive or aggressive as before.