Joakim Noah - The Forgotten Man

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
11 points, 17 rebounds, 3 blocks and some very active play in the post.

This guy is growing on me by the game. His rebounding rate is excellent and he's turning into one of the better centers in the NBA. He's still skinny, but assuming he can add between 10-15 pounds (would make him 250-255) he'd probably be able to maintain position more than he does now.

Call me crazy, but I'm slowly beginning to call Noah a keeper. It would take an awful lot for anyone to acquire him, IMO.

Your thoughts on Joakim?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I've always liked Noah. I don't know how much it would take for me to give him up, but it would have to be a package for a star big man under 30.

sdeezy

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I've always liked Noah. I don't know how much it would take for me to give him up, but it would have to be a package for a star big man under 30.

Here is the problem..i hesitate to give him up because Noah is the prototype Center to pair with an athletic high scoring PF. He runs hard, he's athletic and can cover both PF and C positions, good shotblocker, crashes the offensive glass, he is a good and willing passer and doesnt need touches on the offensive end.

That being said, i will give him up for Bosh/AMare..Its much easier to find guys who can do Noah job, even though they wouldnt do it as well as he does

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I still think Joakim Noah is an average defender, but that's only because he can't hold his position in the post. He said he was going to work on leg strength this summer, so he knows his biggest weakness, so if he takes care of that, his defense should improve a ton.

If you're a fan of advanced stats, there are just some eye popping numbers. He has a 59.4 TS% and a 123 O-Rtg. Those are some ridiculously good numbers. And that's with the first two months or so of the season where he was completely out of the season and played like garbage.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
The idea of moving Tyrus and Noah in the same deal for one front-court player is slowly looking less and less disreable to me. I'd still probably make a trade that really made sense for us. But I'd think hard and long about it, unless it was a slam dunk move.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I still think Joakim Noah is an average defender, but that's only because he can't hold his position in the post. He said he was going to work on leg strength this summer, so he knows his biggest weakness, so if he takes care of that, his defense should improve a ton.

Really? For his size and weight, I've been incredibly surprised with the way he's fought to maintain position. He's not always succesful, but his succes rate in that area is much higher than I originally anticipated.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I like this Noah. The problem is the offseason and early season Noah we get with him. If he can be consistent and work in the offseason he is good. If not, he is the defensive version of Eddy Curry only with alcohol and pot instead of big macs and donuts.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think he'll ever have such a horrendous off-season ever again. If was his first season, and I'm glad that he went through all that crap in his first season as opposed to a few years later down the line.

You can tell how much potential and growth he is capable of, because of how much he has progressed throughout the season. He has visibly become stronger, he has added a little offense to his game, his passing has improved and his energy is a lot more consistent throughout the game. I mean it is hard for a player to continue to improve his game during the season, and he has done that.

I still believe that Noah is a greater asset than Tyrus at this point because you know what you're going to get with Noah.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I didnt like the Noah pick however I look back now and cant believe he was there for us at 9.

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't think I would give up Noah for anything less than a very good C/PF at this point. I also would not give up Tyrus and Noah for Bosh/Amare. I kind of felt that way at the deadline, but now I feel a lot more strongly about it. These guys have improved a lot since the beginning of the season. Did anyone catch on the ESPN telecast of the game that Tyrus and Noah are both in the top 15 in blocks? I did not know that, looks good for the future if you ask me.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
J-Mart wrote:
Yeah I don't think I would give up Noah for anything less than a very good C/PF at this point. I also would not give up Tyrus and Noah for Bosh/Amare. I kind of felt that way at the deadline, but now I feel a lot more strongly about it. These guys have improved a lot since the beginning of the season. Did anyone catch on the ESPN telecast of the game that Tyrus and Noah are both in the top 15 in blocks? I did not know that, looks good for the future if you ask me.

If JR opens the wallet, than yes the future does look good.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
Not bloody likely unless we can get Bosh or Amare for peanuts.

.. And by peanuts, I literally mean actual peanuts. Like the ones you give to elephants.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
Not bloody likely unless we can get Bosh or Amare for peanuts.

.. And by peanuts, I literally mean actual peanuts. Like the ones you give to elephants.

we cant trade peanuts because we have to use them to feed our own elephant, Jerome.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
No need. Jerome is on cleaning duty. After every home game, he searched the stands for free big mac coupons. His $6.2 million contract has also given him enough money to hit restaurants. Last month at an all-you-can-eat buffet, the head chef approached him, lowered his head and silenty told JJ that 'he won'..

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Morten Jensen wrote:
No need. Jerome is on cleaning duty. After every home game, he searched the stands for free big mac coupons. His $6.2 million contract has also given him enough money to hit restaurants. Last month at an all-you-can-eat buffet, the head chef approached him, lowered his head and silenty told JJ that 'he won'..

:laugh:

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I think Paxson's habit of drafting guys who had collegiate success led to him drafting Noah. And of course, since Noah is a winner he'll learn how to win in the NBA too. I always had full confidence that he'd end up a very good player since you can look back on his college career and see that he's not only an athlete, but he's also smart. I hope Pax sticks to his preference for proven winners. It's working.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
From what I heard Bosh and Amare don't seem like their going anywhere anyways

rodman

Liked Posts:
I also have liked Noah from the beginning, and I still think he's just scratching the surface. 17 rebounds in his first playoff game??? WTF if Rose didn't have such a supergame, Noah would have been the one we would probably be talking about. He had a near perfect first quarter!
He needs to work on his strength and knows this, I bet he will be working on that this off-season and come back stronger. He is a guy who enjoys to play so much and he enjoys winning even more. I guess him and Rose will have breakout years next year. I didn't want to trade Noah for Gasol and was blasted for it, I still don't want to trade him, b/c I strongly believe that this guy will surprise us bigtime. He's our glue and energy guy and he'll be our vocal leader.