onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
i would, too. but it's not that easy or simple. it's not jay by himself out there. other people screwed up.

Kyle Williams for being out of position?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
all i'm saying is you can't put ALL OF THIS LOSS on Jay. put some of it, maybe 25%, but you have to put blame on the DL, the LBs, Conte, the dropped passes, the fumble, etc.

I don't see anyone putting this whole loss on Jay.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see anyone putting this whole loss on Jay.

i see lots of people assigning the main blame to jay, and i disagree with that. we failed on MANY levels. of course, his 2 ints hurt us a lot.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Guess the newly signed Santonio Holmes misunderstood the second cutler INT and started run blocking instead of going for ball.

#blamecutler

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Guess the newly signed Santonio Holmes misunderstood the second cutler INT and started run blocking instead of going for ball.

#blamecutler

Wait...wut?

You're not surprised Cutler didn't run for it?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is just disappointing to see the same mistake that we have seen 126 million dollars ago.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is just disappointing to see the same mistake that we have seen 126 million dollars ago.

true. always disappointing when that happens. BUT remember that pass to Alshon in the first quarter, ball went OUT and then UP and then out some more and then BAM, what a catch. then down the field, touchdown to Bennett. BAM. no qb is perfect. he made two bad passes out of what 48? he does need to learn to throw it away, but those risky passes are what killed us this game. if BM hadn't dropped, if he didn't get stripped, if Conte doesn't whiff on five tackles, if...on and on and on. we should have won the game, and we COULD have won the game. but yeah, we need cutler to not throw those boneheaded picks.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, the excuses in this thread sound just like the retards that call the score during the day.

It's pretty funny to see that some people are truly blinded by reality, all because the team has an offense that automatically will put up "franchise" numbers.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Unfortunately, the mistakes will continue.

Reason being, Cutler is NOT a study of the game like an Andrew Luck.

Never has been, still doing the same dumb shit I saw in Denver.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is my fear.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And you know this how? Everything I have read seems to point the other direction from what you are saying.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Being a student (I'm guessing that's the word you meant to use there) doesn't necessarily prevent you from making those kinds of mistakes.

Also, fuck Andrew Luck.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you know this how? Everything I have read seems to point the other direction from what you are saying.

Well if he is, that's even more damning because it sure doesn't translate to what happens on the field.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if he is, that's even more damning because it sure doesn't translate to what happens on the field.

I understand that, but there is enough legit shit to worry about with Cutler. There is no need to throw in hearsay or random crap as well.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:

Yeah! How dare Cutler force recievers to drop those third down passes right in their hands! And I wish he'd learn to stop the run! Cutler's defensive play is KILLING this team!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah! How dare Cutler force recievers to drop those third down passes right in their hands! And I wish he'd learn to stop the run! Cutler's defensive play is KILLING this team!

I wish he'd just learn how to stop throwing costly INT's

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

In your opinion, is there/was there/has there even been anything that Cutler is actually responsible for?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
This is my fear.

And a legitimate one, Jay reminds me of Jim Harbaugh as a player...another average QB who if you recall was run out of Chicago for tossing away games.

While the jury is still out on Flacco, it's almost impossible to win titles anymore w/o consistent above average QB post-season performances.

Consistency wins, and Jay's career in the NFL after almost a decade has been anything but.

Ron Rivera once called Rex Grossman a "mental midget" b/c he could not fully grasp an NFL offense. By no means am I classifying Jay as such, but there's something missing with Cutler that you cannot teach as a coach.

He's an average QB by today's standards, and should have been tagged to see if he can put together more than 3 good games without fucking up.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
In your opinion, is there/was there/has there even been anything that Cutler is actually responsible for?
Yeah, a throw into triple coverage is stupid as fuck. But when your first two recievers are injured/hobbled, your 3rd is hurting(morgan) and your next best option is a guy who has been with the team a month and is learning a extremely complex playbook...

Well...

You're going to have some fuckups. Simple as that.

Funny how people always like to remember the shit play or two, but NOONE is bringing up that GREAT Favre-like play Cutler made when it looked like two defenders had him wrapped him, he moved out of the way, found some room and threw the ball to Marty. I can't name one other qb who can do that in the NFL.

Does anyone have a GIF of that?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Yeah, a throw into triple coverage is stupid as fuck. But when your first two recievers are injured/hobbled, your 3rd is hurting(morgan) and your next best option is a guy who has been with the team a month and is learning a extremely complex playbook...

Well...

You're going to have some fuckups. Simple as that.

Funny how people always like to remember the shit play or two, but NOONE is bringing up that GREAT Favre-like play Cutler made when it looked like two defenders had him wrapped him, he moved out of the way, found some room and threw the ball to Marty. I can't name one other qb who can do that in the NFL.

Does anyone have a GIF of that?

A big reason people remember the shit plays is because the Bears lost and to a degree can attribute the loss to the shit plays. If the Bears win that game the shit plays he made would be a concern, a concern the fans will have until he can stop making shit plays but in the end the fans can at least celebrate a win. But those shit plays in a loss are more than a concern, they turn into a reason...there were many reasons why the Bears lost but the glaring reasons can arguably be the defense (which shouldn't be a surprise considering how awful they were last year) and the turnovers (particularly the 2 int's). Expecting a whole unit to make a complete turn around is a little ambitious so that leaves us fans to talk about the turnovers that the Bills were able to capitalize on for 13 points.

That amazing Favre like throw doesn't mean dick when he makes a boneheaded play and throws an int to a d-lineman. A lot of things went wrong in that game but when a player is the $126M face of the franchise now, the fans are expecting things to be different.