2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
The Bucs will win more games than the Bears in the 2014 season. Also, Cutler will again not play a full season. Both of these predictions are GUARANTEED to happen. Laugh at me now, but you won't be during the season.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bucs will win more games than the Bears in the 2014 season. Also, Cutler will again not play a full season. Both of these predictions are GUARANTEED to happen. Laugh at me now, but you won't be during the season.

Nah I will still laugh at you, ya fucking mouthbreathing troll

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

willlllly

GarytheRetard.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Saw this on ESPN and found it interesting. Basically some advance metrics by KC Joyner that shows that Cutler's Bad Decision Rate (ie a pass that gave the other team a chance to get a turnover) went from being pretty terrible his whole career to a career best mark of 1.4 percent compared to 1.0% for Rodgers and 1.2% for Stafford. Also interesting that McCown's number was 2.1% suggesting his low Int rate had a luck factor to it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...o-bears-ride-jay-cutler-breakthrough-playoffs

2006 -- 5.8 percent BDR (this total would have ranked last had he racked up enough attempts to be listed as a qualifier)
2007 -- 5.0 percent (ranked last)
2008 -- 4.6 percent (tied for last)
2009 -- 3.4 percent (tied for 25th)
2010 -- 4.5 percent (next to last)
2011 -- 4.5 percent (next to last)
2012 -- 3.7 percent (37th out of 39 qualifying quarterbacks)

In every season sans one, Cutler had a BDR that placed among the bottom three in the league. He rarely even came close to reaching the 3 percent BDR bar that serves as the rough median for acceptable performance among quarterbacks in a vertically inclined passing offense (such as the ones he played in during this time frame). They are the kinds of numbers Brett Favre, the former world champion of bad decision-makers, might have been embarrassed to post.

That level of performance makes it clear just how incredible Cutler's 1.4 percent BDR (ranked tied for 18th) was last year. This total is less than half of any previous Cutler campaign and is an extraordinary figure considering how prolific this passing attack was last season.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Saw this on ESPN and found it interesting. Basically some advance metrics by KC Joyner that shows that Cutler's Bad Decision Rate (ie a pass that gave the other team a chance to get a turnover) went from being pretty terrible his whole career to a career best mark of 1.4 percent compared to 1.0% for Rodgers and 1.2% for Stafford. Also interesting that McCown's number was 2.1% suggesting his low Int rate had a luck factor to it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...o-bears-ride-jay-cutler-breakthrough-playoffs

2006 -- 5.8 percent BDR (this total would have ranked last had he racked up enough attempts to be listed as a qualifier)
2007 -- 5.0 percent (ranked last)
2008 -- 4.6 percent (tied for last)
2009 -- 3.4 percent (tied for 25th)
2010 -- 4.5 percent (next to last)
2011 -- 4.5 percent (next to last)
2012 -- 3.7 percent (37th out of 39 qualifying quarterbacks)

In every season sans one, Cutler had a BDR that placed among the bottom three in the league. He rarely even came close to reaching the 3 percent BDR bar that serves as the rough median for acceptable performance among quarterbacks in a vertically inclined passing offense (such as the ones he played in during this time frame). They are the kinds of numbers Brett Favre, the former world champion of bad decision-makers, might have been embarrassed to post.

That level of performance makes it clear just how incredible Cutler's 1.4 percent BDR (ranked tied for 18th) was last year. This total is less than half of any previous Cutler campaign and is an extraordinary figure considering how prolific this passing attack was last season.

That right there is the single factor that has had me on the Disbeliever side of Cutler for so long- most specifically, the sheer amount of bad decisions he had in 2008 when he had astronomical protection.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is such a fucking stupid question in that video. Even when Jay had his worst into season with 26 picks, he still threw more TDs than ints-all in his first season in a new O. However Eli Manning, who was enjoying his what-6th or seventh year in the same O, threw 27 ints to only 18 TDs.

Cutler will shred it this year. It is obvious by how he is handling his progressions, as well as his movement in the pocket. I have not seen 1 inaccurate pass out of him this pre-season. The one that fell flat to Weems last week, was on Weems not making the right adjustment based on the coverage. The ball went to where Weems was supposed to be.

Jay looks poised, and well in command of this O. You are going to see some amazing Rodgers type shit out of Jay

I always said that Rodgers is what Jay could look like, if Jay enjoyed competent, consistent play calling, with nice talent around him. I still stand by that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chinese

Liked Posts:
That is such a fucking stupid question in that video. Even when Jay had his worst into season with 26 picks, he still threw more TDs than ints-all in his first season in a new O. However Eli Manning, who was enjoying his what-6th or seventh year in the same O, threw 27 ints to only 18 TDs.

Cutler will shred it this year. It is obvious by how he is handling his progressions, as well as his movement in the pocket. I have not seen 1 inaccurate pass out of him this pre-season. The one that fell flat to Weems last week, was on Weems not making the right adjustment based on the coverage. The ball went to where Weems was supposed to be.

Jay looks poised, and well in command of this O. You are going to see some amazing Rodgers type shit out of Jay

I always said that Rodgers is what Jay could look like, if Jay enjoyed competent, consistent play calling, with nice talent around him. I still stand by that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'd be happy he has a Andy Dalton year which is close to what Cutler was on pace for last year. 33td and 20ints. Sounds more reasonable. Remember that Cutler best year he threw about 20ints but was only sacked 11 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Utterly delusional.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The new mature Jay Cutler after Friday's game.

Reporter: "Can you tell us what happened with the interception?"

Cutler: "He picked it off. He made a good play. You guys got some really good ones tonight huh?"

I'm sure the fanboys will think that's just great.

Nothing has changed.

Nick80

That's brilliant. Totally taking the heat off the rest of the team there by being Jay. He is now a complete team player. Roll on the season I say. Fuck it.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
One thing is certain, Jay is most definitely still capable of going into "fuck it mode" as evidenced by that pick.