Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah, it's comical to me. Maybe they've seen something to let him have another year, but it doesn't make much sense to me with the importance of this offseason defensively. To me, they appeared poorly coached in a very basic defense.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The Tucker supporters are even more delusional than a certain other set...

winterwarz

Ryan Ryan as the DC with the same group = championship. Ryan would've suited up and made the tackles for his shitty players unlike Tucker.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
its is so stupid. Its called adjusting. Ur telling me once we realized that tucker couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag they couldnt change it to what he wanted to do. I mean god dam this was an elite defense with mulitple probowlers. Some of u guys are hitting the company cool aid too hard, or somebody spiked it.
I get that trestman is in love with his offense and may fear lack of continuity in his staff could muck it up, but put on the big boy pants.
Theres no way this defense could get worse. Its pretty infuritating to this point. obviously their evaluation skills must be crap.

The bright side to bringing back the worst DC ever in bears history, and were talking about a line of guys that had babich, that there should be some heads attached to tuckers when it rolls.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I always prefer an X's and O's guy to a rah rah motivational guy. I think Tucker is neither. The Bears D looked bored... and stupid, don't forget stupid. If there were fewer injuries would they have been more interested and smarter?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Ok so if they bring him back, the bears finally have an identity.
Their identity is one of no accountability and of making excuses.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Tucker was defensive coordinator in Cleveland for one season. The rest of his tenure as a DC he was in Jacksonville and learned his defense from Jack Del Rio.

Jack Del Rio ran the same defense he learned while playing in Minnesota under Tony Dungy. Tony Dungy's defense is Lovie Smith's defense, which is Mel Tucker's defense.

The only difference is the terminology, which is what Mel Tucker changed when he came to Chicago. It's the same defensive philosophy by both Lovie and Tucker, the only difference is Lovie evolved his defense from the simplistic defense it was in the beginning to what it is today.

The only way this defense changes from one year to the next year is if Tucker decides to take his own football mind his own football knowledge and attempts to get more aggressive with his rush packages and his play calling.

Lovie evolved his defense based on the personnel he had. Peppers Tim Jennings and Tillman's abilities did a lot to give Lovie the freedom to better evolve his defense.

It has been well documented that Tucker would ideally like to run a more blitz oriented defense and even ran a 3-4 in Cleveland. Does that sound like a Lovie/Dungy defense to you?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
It has been well documented that Tucker would ideally like to run a more blitz oriented defense and even ran a 3-4 in Cleveland. Does that sound like a Lovie/Dungy defense to you?

The stupid shit always blitzed. 3rd and long? jailbreak blitz and no one covering the 1st down marker.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Really? Well documented? Show me your documents aka links on the interwebs. Then answer why when Tucker was in charge he blitzed less than any team in the NFL.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Really? Well documented? Show me your documents aka links on the interwebs. Then answer why when Tucker was in charge he blitzed less than any team in the NFL.

i heard that too, that in prior defenses he hardly blitzed but now we hear his system is heavy blitzing. Sounds like the excuse makers cant keep track nah mean?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Answer me this! who the f would hire him if was fired. My guess is NOBODY! Y the hell would anyone sign him?! Why the hell did we sign him?!

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't know where people are coming up with Tucker having a blitz heavy philosophy. considering the fact that based off his past Ds he's one of the most conservative and vanilla DCs around.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the D suffered devastating injuries.

Thats a real thing even though people got tired of hearing about after 2-3 weeks. Tucker for sure deserves a lot of slack cause the injuries.

The flipside is that Tucker had 10-12 games to get his guys on the same page and he couldn't.

Its not that his guys were just losing physical or athletic matchups. They weren't just getting beat to the ball because they were a little slower or instincts weren't quite fast enough. Tucker's players were consistently blowing keys, assignments, and presnap adjustments. They weren't just losing in the physical game, but also the mental game.

I get how when you lose starters, the replacements are going to be physically inferior. There is not a lot you can do about that. But when you don't see improvements in the mental game over 10+ weeks, you gotta start getting worried.

I mean this team was making the same fucking mistakes in week 17 as in week 6.

So while its probably impossible to give Tucker anything but an incomplete after this season, there is very good reason to doubt his coaching ability imo.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its is so stupid. Its called adjusting. Ur telling me once we realized that tucker couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag they couldnt change it to what he wanted to do. I mean god dam this was an elite defense with mulitple probowlers. Some of u guys are hitting the company cool aid too hard, or somebody spiked it.
I get that trestman is in love with his offense and may fear lack of continuity in his staff could muck it up, but put on the big boy pants.
Theres no way this defense could get worse. Its pretty infuritating to this point. obviously their evaluation skills must be crap.

The bright side to bringing back the worst DC ever in bears history, and were talking about a line of guys that had babich, that there should be some heads attached to tuckers when it rolls.

You know every player that made the probowl last year was hurt, except Jennings?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the D suffered devastating injuries.

Thats a real thing even though people got tired of hearing about after 2-3 weeks. Tucker for sure deserves a lot of slack cause the injuries.

The flipside is that Tucker had 10-12 games to get his guys on the same page and he couldn't.

Its not that his guys were just losing physical or athletic matchups. They weren't just getting beat to the ball because they were a little slower or instincts weren't quite fast enough. Tucker's players were consistently blowing keys, assignments, and presnap adjustments. They weren't just losing in the physical game, but also the mental game.

I get how when you lose starters, the replacements are going to be physically inferior. There is not a lot you can do about that. But when you don't see improvements in the mental game over 10+ weeks, you gotta start getting worried.

I mean this team was making the same fucking mistakes in week 17 as in week 6.

So while its probably impossible to give Tucker anything but an incomplete after this season, there is very good reason to doubt his coaching ability imo.

Incomplete? are u fn kidding kidding me? No it was complete , a complete failure. I get why the bears feel they can make excuses and roll with their same trash when their fans have such a pansy grading scale. Incomplete? lmfao.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you can't expect to win the kentucky derby on a donkey...

Mel Tucker did have a donkey of a defense this year... if we get him some guys though and they still suck then its on Tucker, obviously...

Phil admitted that he went into the season light on DL bodies. If Phil had come on this board he he would have been shouted down as a hater.