Evaluations still ongoing for Tucker, Bears coaching staff

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Since they aren't willing to get rid of the coaches in charge of the historically bad defense, they'd better plan to replace half of the starters. SOMEBODY should be held responsible. Everyone deals with injuries, not everyone sets negative records.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the evaluation is done. Emery and Trestman have spent 2 weeks watching the film. With no announcement at this point, I think the evaluation is now not on Tucker, but what the alternatives are. If there is a clear upgrade they will make a move, if not they will stand pat, but they clearly would make a change if it would benefit the team. It's just a matter of who is available. That plan needs to be in place before dumping Tucker.

Its fully possible they are waiting for one or more teams to be eliminated so they can talk to staff.

Reactions: Ray

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's pathetic to me that Trestman is showing a loyalty card to a guy who, no not just a down year with the D we're dissapointed to see, but a HISTORICALLY BAD D. NO excuse. Really dissapointed in Emery/Trest with this. They are banking a lot iwth Tucker and his shitty ass D; he's never even coached a good D in his playcalling career. So stupid. They're going to start feeling the hot seat if the D is awful again next year and t he Bears miss the playoffs.
How do you interpret letting Tucker twist in the wind for 2 weeks as showing loyalty. If a reporter had asked Trestman if he planned on making a change at OC, he would have said, "No!!", followed by, "you dumb mother fucker", under his breath. By saying nothing, they are clearly looking at options for improvement. I just hope they find one they think is worth making.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
It's pathetic to me that Trestman is showing a loyalty card to a guy who, no not just a down year with the D we're dissapointed to see, but a HISTORICALLY BAD D. NO excuse. Really dissapointed in Emery/Trest with this. They are banking a lot iwth Tucker and his shitty ass D; he's never even coached a good D in his playcalling career. So stupid. They're going to start feeling the hot seat if the D is awful again next year and t he Bears miss the playoffs.

You really need to let go of this stance you have on this situation because nothing you are saying is factually accurate at this point. You seem to be making up some narrative that isn't there. Relax.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
You really need to let go of this stance you have on this situation because nothing you are saying is factually accurate at this point. You seem to be making up some narrative that isn't there. Relax.

Is he wrong that Emery and Trestman are going to take a lot of flak if they keep Tucker and the defense sucks again?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Is he wrong that Emery and Trestman are going to take a lot of flak if they keep Tucker and the defense sucks again?

I dunno, I don't have a crystal ball to know why they sucked. Emery would probably take more heat than Trestman though because if the defense sucks again it's probably mostly because we didn't upgrade enough positions.

Nick80

Devils avocado - they could change Tucker and it could still suck and then people would turn round and say that Tucker should have been allowed to implement more of his D philosophy etc etc etc ...

You will always have a percentage that enjoy the flipside of everything.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I make up nothing and I don't see what I say as controversial, I'm not cool with the excuses for this D being that bad. Yeah, and I'm still pissed they didn't make the playoffs.

Facts are it was the worst Bears D in 50 years. Let's keep making excuses though, and I think I am right if the Bears D fails again next year Emery atleast, will be on the hot seat.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I make up nothing and I don't see what I say as controversial, I'm not cool with the excuses for this D being that bad. Yeah, and I'm still pissed they didn't make the playoffs.

Facts are it was the worst Bears D in 50 years. Let's keep making excuses though, and I think I am right if the Bears D fails again next year Emery atleast, will be on the hot seat.

You're doing it again. No one on the coaching staff made excuses so I'm not sure why you're ranting and raving about it. Or perhaps you missed when Trestman and Emery said "yes there were a lot of injuries, but injuries are no excuse. Every team in the NFL deals with injuries"? Or maybe you're just ignoring that.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
You're doing it again. No one on the coaching staff made excuses so I'm not sure why you're ranting and raving about it. Or perhaps you missed when Trestman and Emery said "yes there were a lot of injuries, but injuries are no excuse. Every team in the NFL deals with injuries"? Or maybe you're just ignoring that.

If that's the case, injuries aren't an excuse, how in the world could they keep him? If what you say is true and they keep him then it's just SOB-same ole bears-as far as I'm concerned

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
lol get outta here, I'm not doing anything. I'd be shocked and thrilled if Tucke is gone next week, I'm just curious why you are anti me saying anything about this. I'm not exaggerating anything, I just hope Phil and Trest make the correct decision and not find it excuses.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I don't follow college ball much and don't know the importance of these college all star games, but the senior bowl is where draft prospects are showcased...what is the significance of Tucker being sent to he shrine game? Also scouting prospects? Honestly don't know, serious question.

Shrine game is for second tier players, but that doesn't make it any less important.

I was just looking through the NFL network schedule and couldn't find practices this year...kind of annoyed.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
lol get outta here, I'm not doing anything. I'd be shocked and thrilled if Tucke is gone next week, I'm just curious why you are anti me saying anything about this. I'm not exaggerating anything, I just hope Phil and Trest make the correct decision and not find it excuses.

You keep saying how incredibly upset and mad and all this other shit you are that Trestman and Emery are keeping Tucker. Well that hasn't been decided yet. You keep saying you are really questioning Trestman and Emery because they are keeping Tucker (again, hasn't been decided yet). Well, if a decision to keep Tucker is all it takes for you to flip your stance on the GM and head coach then you are a bit schitzo.

If that's the case, injuries aren't an excuse, how in the world could they keep him? If what you say is true and they keep him then it's just SOB-same ole bears-as far as I'm concerned

The potential reasons for keeping Tucker have been rehashed multiple times on this board.

rudder

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shrine game is for second tier players, but that doesn't make it any less important.

I was just looking through the NFL network schedule and couldn't find practices this year...kind of annoyed.

Thanks

Well, if a decision to keep Tucker is all it takes for you to flip your stance on the GM and head coach then you are a bit schitzo.

Count me in as schitzo then because if Emery and Trestman carry this piece of shit for another season, I'll lose all faith in their football intelligence.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I don't see the reason why they need Tucker for the scouting. Trestman, Emery and their scouts can do that on their own. What is tucker bringing to the table besides a bad interview voice

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why does the coaching staff need an additional two weeks to evaluate something the fans can see with their own eyes? There's a huge consensus that's damn near unanimous on this board that Tucker needs to go and it's based on the lack of adjustments and the lack of creativity we all saw throughout the entire season.

You as a fan have seen it with your own eyes, Tucker needs to be fired. There was no improvement, there was no development, there was no real adjustments or game planning or creativity going on. This has been Tucker's M.O. since he became a defensive coordinator, it's what failed him in Jacksonville, and it failed him in Chicago.

We've all seen it, we saw the same FRICKING thinig with Shea McClellin. It doesn't matter that we haven't played the game, it doesn't matter that we're not high level GMs or high level NFL scouts we all know what has to be done.

This situation with Tucker is the NO DUH scenario that even a simple fan can figure, so the question is why can't the Bears front office figure it out? It was a questionable (BAD) hire from the get go and it hasn't worked out for the reasons just about everyone saw when he was with Jacksonville. It's not going to change unless they fire Mel Tucker.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Devils avocado - they could change Tucker and it could still suck and then people would turn round and say that Tucker should have been allowed to implement more of his D philosophy etc etc etc ...

You will always have a percentage that enjoy the flipside of everything.
Yeah, I'm calling it right now. My Jan 2015 post title will be:
Emery/Trestman are geniuses for changing DC last winter, or
Emery/Trestman can't pick a DC and jumped the gun firing Tucker, or
Emery/Trestman were smart to ignore the meatballs and stick with Tucker, or
Emery/Trestman need to be fired for not having the smarts or balls to get rid of Tucker. We all saw it, why couldn't they?

One way or the other, I will have told you so.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You keep saying how incredibly upset and mad and all this other shit you are that Trestman and Emery are keeping Tucker. Well that hasn't been decided yet. You keep saying you are really questioning Trestman and Emery because they are keeping Tucker (again, hasn't been decided yet). Well, if a decision to keep Tucker is all it takes for you to flip your stance on the GM and head coach then you are a bit schitzo.

The potential reasons for keeping Tucker have been rehashed multiple times on this board.
blah blah blah. I'm sure others on here will be pissed off if Tucker is staying, too. So cut it out.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Yes Shrine game is for second tier players, but it's those second tier players that are the most important to evaluate because a lot of times you don't get to evaluate them up close and in person like some of the top players you are scouting. Some players also perform well enough at the Shrine game to earn invites to the Senior Bowl. OT Terron Armstead was one of those players who did that last year.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I guess I haven't seen where Emery excused the performance of the D and proclaimed that no changes will be made.