Updated: 2014-2015 Bulls Lineup

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Too bad Love wasn't a FA this offseason.
Considering he'll more than likely be traded before next season's trade deadline, I kinda consider him a free agent.

Although we keep hearing the names Melo, Lebron, & Stephenson.....I still believe that Kevin Love is our eventual target.

PlatinumPlus502

Liked Posts:
Considering he'll more than likely be traded before next season's trade deadline, I kinda consider him a free agent.

Although we keep hearing the names Melo, Lebron, & Stephenson.....I still believe that Kevin Love is our eventual target.
I would not be upset at all if we went love over Melo or LeBron .

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:

Let's hope you're right. I want Love more than Melo(Lebron is not coming here).

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don´t think Love would help the Bulls that much. He´s not a creator and that´s what the Bulls need the most.

Call me crazy but I think I would take Eric Gordon´s knees over Kevin Love. But EG isn´t a FA so who cares ...

ginny

Liked Posts:
The only way I believe Minn will entertain a Love for Boozer trade is if the Bulls include a first rd pick or 2, and take back one of Minn's bad contracts

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I would be willing to go with either Love or Melo but this is also a slight chance of getting our own big three at the end of the year if we play our cards right. To make this possible the only untouchables we can designate could be Rose, Jimmy and Snell. The first thing to do is find a way to get some decent assets for MDJ and Kirk. Then, the biggest hurdle comes for getting Melo. Notice I say nothing about Amnestying Booz yet. New York has some interesting issues that can be addressed. They have a really bad contract (Amare but will be an expiring next year) and a locker room issue in Smith. New York and Anthony will want a S&T. In order to absorb Anthony's max deal and make NY happy, things need to happen. First, with Booz on the roster at 16.8 next year we would have to trade Noah(12.2) and Taj(8.0) to NY and take on Smith's 5.6mil and our first and second. The next step (hardest step) is to find a trade partner that would take Amare's aweful yet 2014/15 expiring contract for Sac 1st round pick and Portland 2nd although Amare is a Amnesty qualified contract but I don't know the rule well enough to see if they can be amnestied after a trade. Yes NY will have a log jam at center but Chandler will be an FA at the end of next year and Noah is as good defensively and better offensively. Melo if he stayed in NY would get a shade over 23mil and for us to convince him to come here will take somewhere in the 25mil range. After this deal you will have:

All next year salaries

Anthony: 25(aprox)
Rose:18.8
Boozer: 16.8
Smith 5.9
Butler: 2.0
Snell: 1.4
Murphy: .8

Total: 70.7

Bulls then could trade Boozers 16.8mil expiring contract plus Charlotte pick, a futrure first and the rights to Mirotic for Love (15.7) dropping us to 69.6mil total. We then just plug in minimum guys like Miami did to fill out roster including trying to resign DJ. There could be unforeseen issues and it will be difficult but it is possible.

Future lineup:
Rose, DJ
Butler,Smith, FA(min)
Anthony, Snell, FA(min)
Love, Murphy
FA(min), FA(min)

All salaries aquired from ShamSports.com http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bulls.jsp

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would be willing to go with either Love or Melo but this is also a slight chance of getting our own big three at the end of the year if we play our cards right. To make this possible the only untouchables we can designate could be Rose, Jimmy and Snell. The first thing to do is find a way to get some decent assets for MDJ and Kirk. Then, the biggest hurdle comes for getting Melo. Notice I say nothing about Amnestying Booz yet. New York has some interesting issues that can be addressed. They have a really bad contract (Amare but will be an expiring next year) and a locker room issue in Smith. New York and Anthony will want a S&T. In order to absorb Anthony's max deal and make NY happy, things need to happen. First, with Booz on the roster at 16.8 next year we would have to trade Noah(12.2) and Taj(8.0) to NY and take on Smith's 5.6mil and our first and second. The next step (hardest step) is to find a trade partner that would take Amare's aweful yet 2014/15 expiring contract for Sac 1st round pick and Portland 2nd although Amare is a Amnesty qualified contract but I don't know the rule well enough to see if they can be amnestied after a trade. Yes NY will have a log jam at center but Chandler will be an FA at the end of next year and Noah is as good defensively and better offensively. Melo if he stayed in NY would get a shade over 23mil and for us to convince him to come here will take somewhere in the 25mil range. After this deal you will have:

All next year salaries

Anthony: 25(aprox)
Rose:18.8
Boozer: 16.8
Smith 5.9
Butler: 2.0
Snell: 1.4
Murphy: .8

Total: 70.7

Bulls then could trade Boozers 16.8mil expiring contract plus Charlotte pick, a futrure first and the rights to Mirotic for Love (15.7) dropping us to 69.6mil total. We then just plug in minimum guys like Miami did to fill out roster including trying to resign DJ. There could be unforeseen issues and it will be difficult but it is possible.

Future lineup:
Rose, DJ
Butler,Smith, FA(min)
Anthony, Snell, FA(min)
Love, Murphy
FA(min), FA(min)

All salaries aquired from ShamSports.com http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bulls.jsp
:clap:

If that happened...well...that'd be a straight miracle.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Am i the only one who does not want melo? Why not make the efforts to land lebron and instantly jump back into contention? Melo doesnt play D. Melo is a cancer and we will almost be guaranteed to never win a championship with him.

Agreed on Melo. Same shit happens everywhere he goes, but he never gets blamed for it. Three coaches will have lost their jobs because of him. No thanks.

LeBron wants nothing to do with the Bulls. Ain't happening.

Love and Aldridge are reasonable, but Love will need evidence the Bulls can contend or he's headed to Kobeland.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Agreed on Melo. Same shit happens everywhere he goes, but he never gets blamed for it. Three coaches will have lost their jobs because of him. No thanks.

what do you mean he never get blamed for it? he takes all the blame

but its George Karl that is a playoff loser (check his playoff record)....MDA never got it done with a stacked Suns team.....Woodson is a joke

also what do you mean 3 coaches lost their job because of him? Karl wasn't fired until 2 years after Melo left....MDA and soon to be Mike Woodson both deserved to be fired and not because of melo

MDA still sucks and Woodson was never really that good with Hawks either

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Let's not forget, D'Antoni is the coach of the Lakers now and I don't think Melo would ever want to play for him again.
That's why I believe he'd choose the Bulls over the Lakers, if he doesn't resign with the Knicks.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Melo's never really had a great team either. He did have Allen Iverson for a few years but that was just a bad fit. The next best player he had was Chauncey Billups and they came within 2 wins of a finals berth :shrug: With the right team, he can win a championship. It's arguably harder to win an NCAA championship than it is an NBA championship and he did that as a freshmen.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
^^^^^^Speaking of Melo never having a great team, read these recent comments by him below:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...-make-a-decision-on-carmelo-anthony-1.6828541

Anthony called the loss "embarrassing" and "frustrating" and said, "I don't want to feel like if I'm not scoring the basketball that we don't have a chance of even being in the game. I don't never want to feel like that."

Without Chris Paul, the Clippers crushed the Knicks the next night, with Anthony fighting for 26 points and 20 rebounds. He said afterward, "This is hard to deal with."

Anthony has said it was "smart" that LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh teamed up in Miami. Anthony wants something similar. He needs help and he's asking for it. And if a team's franchise player, who has said he will opt out and test free agency, says something like that, his team has to listen.

The Knicks have a month to make moves to entice Anthony to stay or to explore what they can get for him. That's the primary job of the Knicks' front office between now and the Feb. 20 trade deadline: Find out whether Anthony is fully committed to returning and what it will take.

"I would think they would do everything they can to try to ascertain if they can re-sign him," a league executive said. "I think how he views the team going forward is going to be important."

If there is a shred of doubt, Knicks officials should make calls about Anthony -- and the Clippers should be the first call.

They might not want to move Blake Griffin, but the Knicks have to start there. You would think Anthony would re-sign with the Clippers: It's L.A., and his good friend Paul would be throwing him passes.

Otherwise, the Lakers and Bulls could pursue Anthony in July. The Bulls have some things they can do to clear money, starting with amnestying Carlos Boozer. Chicago is not L.A., but it's a big market and Anthony would get to play with Derrick Rose.

If Anthony finishes the season with the Knicks, they can pay him $34 million more than any other team. That's hard to turn down, but if winning matters more, the money might not be enough.

On a related note, Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo made his 2013-14 debut Friday after tearing an ACL last season. The Knicks likely will pursue Rondo again. It will be tough to get him, but Rondo in New York is a way to make sure that Anthony stays.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Man listen to yourselves make all these stupid excuses for Melo. The media does it too and it's despicable.

If you need a great team around you to win, chances are you aren't good enough to win one with a good team. MJ did with Scottie and a bunch of role players.

But in this day and age players who claim to be great can't get it done because they're immature, selfish, and lack accountability.

Melo won't win a championship here or anywhere else, and it will be everyone else's fault except his.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Man listen to yourselves make all these stupid excuses for Melo. The media does it too and it's despicable.

If you need a great team around you to win, chances are you aren't good enough to win one with a good team. MJ did with Scottie and a bunch of role players.
Mj had Pip & Horace for one 3-peat....while having Pip & Rodman for the second 3-Peat. Both of those 3-somes are better than Lebron, Wade, & Bosh.

But in this day and age players who claim to be great can't get it done because they're immature, selfish, and lack accountability.

Melo won't win a championship here or anywhere else, and it will be everyone else's fault except his.
Your opinion is suspect.

Lebron is immature & selfish, yet he's been to the last three NBA Finals & won two of them. It takes multiple superstars teaming up to win in today's NBA.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The same Bulls fans love the same shot-chuckers, and want the Bulls to get them. The same Bulls fans don't want shot-chuckers, and do not want(me). I'll just save time rehashing the same copy/paste arguments.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
The same Bulls fans love the same shot-chuckers, and want the Bulls to get them. The same Bulls fans don't want shot-chuckers, and do not want(me). I'll just save time rehashing the same copy/paste arguments.
There was a rumor a few season's ago before Melo was traded to NY. The rumor stated that Denver was interested in trading Melo to us for Deng & Noah. I was against it for two reasons:

1) Melo's stated desire to play & re-sign in NY only.

2) My felling that Deng AND Noah was too much to give up for Melo.

My stance is documented on another board's archives. I felt that Noah needed to stay in order for our team to balance out offensively & defensively.

That being said, things have now changed & my view of a Melo addition is different now. Considering that we won't have to give up Noah, I'm fine with acquiring Melo.

Our line-up will be finally balanced with two deadly scorers & complimentary defensive aces:

Rose
Butler
Melo
Taj or Mirotic
Noah

That's a championship team.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Let's not forget, D'Antoni is the coach of the Lakers now and I don't think Melo would ever want to play for him again.
That's why I believe he'd choose the Bulls over the Lakers, if he doesn't resign with the Knicks.

I like your logic. Even though I'm personally not the biggest Melo fan if he chooses to play along with Rose it would be interesting to see how that would go. Much rather have a miracle trade situation involving Kevin Love though. Either way I will pray that another star player will want to actually come to the Bulls & play this time around..

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
There was a rumor a few season's ago before Melo was traded to NY. The rumor stated that Denver was interested in trading Melo to us for Deng & Noah. I was against it for two reasons:

1) Melo's stated desire to play & re-sign in NY only.

2) My felling that Deng AND Noah was too much to give up for Melo.

My stance is documented on another board's archives. I felt that Noah needed to stay in order for our team to balance out offensively & defensively.

That being said, things have now changed & my view of a Melo addition is different now. Considering that we won't have to give up Noah, I'm fine with acquiring Melo.

Our line-up will be finally balanced with two deadly scorers & complimentary defensive aces:

Rose
Butler
Melo
Taj or Mirotic
Noah

That's a championship team.

That's pretty much my view as well. I thought all those early trades for Melo were ridiculous as far as value for the Bulls. However, bringing in Melo to the Bulls family, and letting Thibbs get his hands on him, and he could be great, imo. If Melo could just buy into the Bulls culture, he really could improve as a player, imo.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:

Just curious, is it only Melo you don't want or is it Love too?
If you don't want any of those guys, what would you like to see the Bulls do in the offseason?