This could mean something or nothing at all

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Could be random. But what a co-winky-dink since he can walk.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems to me the bears aren't anywhere near figuring out how much money they will have available for Peanut. I mean, shit. They don't even know what the FA pool is yet.

Imo, decisions on Peanut probably won't be made until pretty late in the offseason process... a lot like how it went with Urlacher.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Tillman is going to TB. Book it. Revis and Tillman, scary.

No doubt in my mind a few of the Lovie-era Bears will be in Tampa. I'm going to bet that Peppers or Briggs or both could be traded before the draft. Lovie's running the show down there.

On the flip, I could also see Lovie not being keen on dealing with the guy that fired him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Just saying seems odd after Tillmans' "big news" about saving on car insurance that they'd delete him from their cover photo.

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the Bears are done with Tillman.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I know it's outside of the box, but reality is the Lovie holdovers are known to be good players in his scheme. If he wanted to plug a few old vets from his scheme, it could very well be time to blow up the defense and get as much as Tampa would be willing to give you to help in the rebuild. I will admit I do not know what the cap repercussions would be on a Briggs or Peppers trade.

Tillman to Tampa almost seems inevitable.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Just saying seems odd after Tillmans' "big news" about saving on car insurance that they'd delete him from their cover photo.

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the Bears are done with Tillman.

that would be the correct move. you don't cling to 33 year old corner backs, even charles tillman. he's one of my favorite all time bears, but it is time to move on.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Would like to see him back at the right price, but don't expect him to last a season off the injury list.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that would be the correct move. you don't cling to 33 year old corner backs, even charles tillman. he's one of my favorite all time bears, but it is time to move on.

Cling?

How about sorting the rest of the team out and then seeing how much money is left over to offer peanut?

To put it another way, the season isn't even over. FA is still months away. Its a little insane to think the Bears are making final roster decisions on possible fringe players like Peanut at this point.

Hold onto your shorts folks. Offseason is long as fuck.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would like to see him back at the right price, but don't expect him to last a season off the injury list.

Makes sense, considering he's only played in 88% of the games the Bears have played since he was on the roster (including this season, and in 2004 when he was the 3rd CB behind RW McQuarters and Nate Vasher, iirc)

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it's outside of the box, but reality is the Lovie holdovers are known to be good players in his scheme. If he wanted to plug a few old vets from his scheme, it could very well be time to blow up the defense and get as much as Tampa would be willing to give you to help in the rebuild. I will admit I do not know what the cap repercussions would be on a Briggs or Peppers trade.

Tillman to Tampa almost seems inevitable.

The Bucs have Darrelle Revis and Johnthan Banks at corner, so I can't see them spending starter money on Peanut. They also might have the best 4-3 OLB in football in Lavonte David, so there's no way that Briggs would start for them. Also, anyone who traded for Briggs would owe him $5.5 million next season, and I can't see that happening.

If anyone traded for Peppers, they would be responsible for paying him $13,900,000 next season, so I don't see that happening, either.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Makes sense, considering he's only played in 88% of the games the Bears have played since he was on the roster (including this season, and in 2004 when he was the 3rd CB behind RW McQuarters and Nate Vasher, iirc)

hes is considerably older and the injuries have become more frequent as of late. This year is goin to be pretty clear on whether we are going to blow up our defense or ease into transition. Either way its inevitable

Venia

Emery is in a tough situation with this team, exacerbated by giving a huge contract to an average QB. Tough decisions need to be made on vets, and when it's all said and done are we going to be better? I hope so, but I'm not so sure....especially if we start losing people like Peanut.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm sure this is somehow scumbag Cutler's fault

He ruined the Lovie era Bears and now is driving Tillman out of town

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
The Bucs have Darrelle Revis and Johnthan Banks at corner, so I can't see them spending starter money on Peanut. They also might have the best 4-3 OLB in football in Lavonte David, so there's no way that Briggs would start for them. Also, anyone who traded for Briggs would owe him $5.5 million next season, and I can't see that happening.

If anyone traded for Peppers, they would be responsible for paying him $13,900,000 next season, so I don't see that happening, either.

Yeah TB already has a pretty good defense. I don't see them trying to poach any of our guys.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Banks was pretty bad in coverage last year according to PFF (-15.2). And Lovie might like Briggs to play MLB which Briggs may do if it means reuniting with Lovie.

In any event, I don't see Lovie trading for anyone when he can just wait the Bears out unless it is for a really low round draft pick (ie 5th round or worse). And you certainly wouldn't trade for Peppers with that huge contract.