Henry Melton

Should the Bears keep Melton?

• No, he is high price; high risk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...melton-no-clue-if-ill-return-to-chicago-bears

It's time for a decision. Should the Bears keep Melton? If so, what should the contract look like? At what price do you cut the line.

Honestly, though his production dropped off at the beginning of this past season I think it is well worth it to pursue him. After being paid well for being injured, I think it is reasonable for him to cut the Bears a good deal to prove his worth.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
one year "prove it" contract.

I dont think he is going to go for a 1 year deal. I think he gets an incentive laden multi-year deal.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
I dont think he is going to go for a 1 year deal. I think he gets an incentive laden multi-year deal.
coming off an ACL? BEST case scenario is a two year deal that may as well be a one year deal. He's better off doing a one year deal and proving he deserves a multi-year contract with a larger signing bonus.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Keep him. Spend two of your first three picks on defensive linemen to help supplement a good rotation and act as replacements in case Peppers is gone.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Wow!! Surprised at the poll results. I thought a lot of people up on the boards were in favor of getting rid of Melton. For those who voted; what price do you think is too much? I am not sure there is anyway we keep both Melton and Peppers. If so, Peppers would have to take a pay cut and allocate those savings on Melton.

For me, I think Melton is worth the cost if he is given 3mil or less a year to prove himself. If he is expecting anything more I say no. I think I would rather acquire someone like Arthur Jones or Linval Jospeh who are good against the run and pair him up with a guy like Aaron Donald in the draft who is young and can get behind the line of scrimmage in a blink of an eye.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
ACL injury = damaged goods

Peterson made people want to believe the medicine/science had progressed to the point where ACL injuries were not a big deal anymore

but he was just an outlier not representative of the norm

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Best last name in the NFL. Can't let him go just yet.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd love Melton back. He's a really good player. I have just always assumed he wouldn't be back because I think someone will pay him as if the ACL never happened (without maybe as much guaranteed money). He's young enough and got hurt early enough that the knee shouldn't be a huge deal. But if I'm the Bears I'm not giving him more than 2 years and no more than 6Mil/per.

Slacker

Liked Posts:
I'd love to see what happens to that next hillbilly up.
Here's the full length video. If the link isn't working google "Hawaiian faces down 10 drunks in Podunk". His .gif has all the good stuff except for 2:24. That's when the bully who did the KO flip tries to get back up and rolls down the road.

[video=youtube;6hwbrbNf_b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6hwbrbNf_b4[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as I hate to say it Melton is all about the money. I never knew he had problems with commitment or dedication to his craft but that has come out. He is not worth elite DT money anymore and frankly after the injury he would be lucky to get paid above average DT money. His leverage is gone and will have to settle with whatever a team is willing to risk on him.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Lol, all 28 votes have gone to the same option. I voted for the same option but haven't seen that before in a poll with double digit votes.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the full length video. If the link isn't working google "Hawaiian faces down 10 drunks in Podunk". His .gif has all the good stuff except for 2:24. That's when the bully who did the KO flip tries to get back up and rolls down the road.

[video=youtube;6hwbrbNf_b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6hwbrbNf_b4[/video]

thank you sir.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Best part of that video? When the dude who started it tries to get up around 2:23 and then falls down at 2:25. Lol.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Lol. I just realized you had this in your original comment.....

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to say it Melton is all about the money. I never knew he had problems with commitment or dedication to his craft but that has come out. He is not worth elite DT money anymore and frankly after the injury he would be lucky to get paid above average DT money. His leverage is gone and will have to settle with whatever a team is willing to risk on him.

You know pretty much all witness accounts of that incident in Texas have reported that Melton wasn't the one causing all the trouble?