Boers and Bernstein or Waddle/Silvy?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Waddle and silvy and it's not even close.

Bears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
During football season, Waddle & Silvy. Outside of football season, ipod.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
definitely Waddle and Silvy. They aren't constantly trying to come off as pseudo-intellectuals with sticks up their asses and do not go out of their way to fins callers to ridicule. The end of the lline for me has been this Carmelo anthony thing. They have, for years, said they needed a player with the EXACT SKILLSET Melo has, and now the time is coming to where we may sign him and they are looking for excuses to be against the move. And not excuses in terms of what the Bulls have ot give, but giving BASKETBALL reasons. Basically, anyone not named Durant or LeBron is utterly worthless.

The difference before was you had a healthy MVP Derrick Rose. Bernstein doesn't think Rose is going to be the same player after two season-ending major knee injuries. If he isn't, then Carmelo isn't going to be enough to make them the best team in the NBA. I don't really see the issue with his logic. Why is that not correct?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I listen to sports talk radio as much as i can during the day. I travel a lot so spending time in the car is a must, Waddle and silvy until they talk white sox, then flip to 670 until commercial break then back to espn 1000. Only time i listen to anything other than sports radio is mondays and tuesdays when the bears lose. can't take it. Wed they usually start focusing more on the upcoming game.

I love all major sports, so i listen year round and probably listen more than most. but never call in

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
It goes like this:

...Boers and Bernstein...

...FM radio...

...watching paint dry...

...Waddle and Silvy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
The difference before was you had a healthy MVP Derrick Rose. Bernstein doesn't think Rose is going to be the same player after two season-ending major knee injuries. If he isn't, then Carmelo isn't going to be enough to make them the best team in the NBA. I don't really see the issue with his logic. Why is that not correct?
Them thinking Rose will never be the same is irrelevant (even though I peronally think he will eventually return close to form). Actually, listening today, they said they just do not have any clue. Adding a prolific scorer like Melo to this team immediately makes them dangerous. With or without Rose. They have for YEARS talked about how the Bulls need a guy who can create his own shot. Another star. Here is a golden opportunity for the EXACT type of player everyone has wanted and now they are trying to nitpick and downplay his skill. They called him inefficient, which is false. I assume they use their standard of efficiency as LeBron and Durant which is irrational and fallacious as those two are putting up ALL TIME caliber efficiency. Melo's TS is 57% which is excellent as he takes lots of 3s and FTs and makes them at a high clip. The opposing team's longest, best defender is no longer allowed to leave their man to help put pressure on Rose.

Now they want to call him a ball stopper and a "poor fit" to the worst offense in the NBA? What do they want the Bulls to do, then? This is it. They can throw another year away if they want and hop Kevin Love comes from the T wolves in 2 years if they want, but that is basically the next opportunity. It is a FACT that as long as Thibs is coach, this team is getting into the playoffs and will be amongst the best defensive teams. The logic behind being anti-Melo is nonsensical. ESPECIALLY if he is willing to take a paycut. There is really no other option unless you want to watch gutsy, ugly basketball and 1st/2nd round exits every year.

Butkusrules

Liked Posts:
Waddle and Silvy-no contest. I can't fathom how you can be irritated by Silvys voice but are perfectly fine with stuttering dribble of the closeted Terry Boers- Or possibly worse the nasally self righteous drivel of the mole looking Dan Bernstein.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I want to laugh... B&B I know Dan is a douche but I think Terry is hilarous. I think they are good entertainment... If I am wanting good reporting and better football talk... I am on 1000... with Twad. They get better guests, and I like J.D. I cant stand Zaidman.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. The only time I turn the dial from 670 to 1000 is when Zaidman comes on to give his "update". Zaidman's continued employment is much like Harry Teinowitz's continued employment...its a complete mystery. Zaidman sounds literally Special person on the radio, and everyone in the Bears organization hates him, which leaves us with "updates" such as "Jay Cutler looked really good in practice today!" or "Dusty Dvorcek has had two seperated shoulders for the past three years and he didn't participate in the afternoon workout". Great stuff! But since its Zaidman, it takes him 15 minutes to communicate the three mundane 'update points'.
Remydat Zaidman

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to 3-5 podcast, B&B are actually questioning whether anyone will pay Hester the minimum this year.

That is some serious in town stupid. The Bears paid Weems more than that this year.

This reminds me of when they posited that Lovie may never get another HC job.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I want to laugh... B&B I know Dan is a douche but I think Terry is hilarous. I think they are good entertainment... If I am wanting good reporting and better football talk... I am on 1000... with Twad. They get better guests, and I like J.D. I cant stand Zaidman.

Terry is absolutely hilarious. He makes me literally lol every day.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Satellite radio.

I can never tell if you're being serious or not, but on the off-chance that you are, any good sports talk radio to check out? Just got XM a few months back and haven't fully explored it yet.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Waddle and Silvy is sports radio dumbed down by Disney/ESPN. Boers and Bernstein remind me of a more sophisticated Opie & Anthony. They are good at talking about anything, there guests are better, they don't manufacture news, and the cast of characters are hilarious.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

To switch topics momentarily, it irritates me so much when anyone, outside of the medical professionals who operated on Derrick or medical professionals in general, feel as though they have some insight into Derrick's knees. It's one thing to talk about mentality, but when people start saying his knees aren't going to hold up despite Doctors saying they will, it pisses me off. What about a sports talk radio host implies that they know the first thing about medicine/surgeries?

I'm not saying Derrick's knees won't hold up. I'm just saying that if the Doctor says they will, I'm trusting his opinion over some quack on a radio show, no matter who that radio show host is.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can never tell if you're being serious or not, but on the off-chance that you are, any good sports talk radio to check out? Just got XM a few months back and haven't fully explored it yet.

I don't listen to Sports Radio on XM, but when I want talk on XM, XM 103 is Opie and Anthony and I love the uncensored nature of their show.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite type of Zaidman update is when he'll "report" something like 'Julius Peppers was in a walking boot at practice today' or 'Jay Cutler had a cast on his right arm', and thats the extent of the update. No follow-up as to what happened, how serious the injury is, how long the guy will be out, etc. Its like they pay Zaidman to sit in the stands at Bears practice, then merely tell everyone what he observed. No talking to Bears players or front office people, no actual reporting, no following up on stories and getting some facts.

Just like remydaft.
Matt Forte drank some water during team drills today

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Most sports talk on there is national, and rarely do any of the 5 teams do anything to spark national talk. Plus I listen opie and anthony, Ron and fez, and pearl jam radio. Can't help a lot on this. Sorry.