CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let me see if I've been following this correctly, because that could possibly be the issue:

When GarPax criticize Thibs for the way he manages the roster they are (deservedly) told to STFU. Yet, when some teenager whose posts are 85% (rough estimate) are him pining for Ben Gordon to return, says the same thing - it's worth listening to?

Again, the point of this thread, as I'm seeing it, is asking arguably the best coach in professional basketball to change his way of managing his roster.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean, it's amazing to me that Thibs is putting together an amazing season - a season that absolutely should net him ANOTHER COY award. Yet, people are wanting him to back away from the very strategy that has gotten the Bulls to this point. I'm beyond flabbergasted by this.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
People aren't wanting the Bulls to "tank" or start losing at this point, all people want is the health of starters going into the playoffs so the Bulls have a fighting chance in a playoff series. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
People aren't wanting the Bulls to "tank" or start losing at this point, all people want is the health of starters going into the playoffs so the Bulls have a fighting chance in a playoff series. I don't think that's a bad thing.
And I'm saying that maybe the best coach in the league knows what he is doing, and the benefit of the doubt should be given. I don't think that is a bad thing. The guy has consistently proven people wrong in regards to the minutes he plays the starters. You think at this point of the season Butler wants less playing time? Noah? Maybe, as has been proven by the play of this team, we forget about that criticism (myself included in this) and let the guy coach the way he wants?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And I'm saying that maybe the best coach in the league knows what he is doing, and the benefit of the doubt should be given. I don't think that is a bad thing. The guy has consistently proven people wrong in regards to the minutes he plays the starters. You think at this point of the season Butler wants less playing time? Noah? Maybe, as has been proven by the play of this team, we forget about that criticism (myself included in this) and let the guy coach the way he wants?
Fair enough.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
you are acting like im saying he needs to change his whole scheme

i just want jimmy to play a few less minutes is all

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
What's the title of this thread?

when i was saying Jimmer needs to get burn in another thread...somebody said he wont play until he knows thibs schemes

im saying forget schemes, play jimmer anyway...let him learn them as he goes

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So you saying to forget schemes is you not saying he should change schemes?

Got it. Glad you're around.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
So you saying to forget schemes is you not saying he should change schemes?

Got it. Glad you're around.

reading it back i can why somebody would misinterpret it....my bad

glad we got that cleared up

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I agree with Poohdini. Fredette needs to get PT even if it's just a few minutes at first.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Let's keep things in perspective, gentleman, today was his 4th game, against the Heat, and he's been here one week. It's not like Thibbs has him in the doghouse or something. Thibb's is looking at Jimmer as someone that can help in the playoffs. I'm sure he is not in a Hurry to shake up the lineup on a home stretch against the toughest teams in the NBA. Thibb's will get him some minutes after he has practiced for 2 or 3 weeks, imo, and then you will see him get a couple minutes.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Jimmer could score some points, and he'd give them right back on the other end. Do you not think Thibs has seen tape of the guy? He sees the same thing, can shoot and from distance, and he's 6-2, not fast and no defense to speak of. If he's in with Kirk he has to guard the PG and if he's in with DJ he gets the much taller 2 guard. He'd get burned like he was wearing a gasoline uniform.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
FWIW, Augustin (I always add the 'e' at the end, did it in the other thread - force of habit) played 12 minutes the day he was signed. I'm guessing that was more out of necessity than anything.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If Thibs isn't satisfied with him, then I support Thibs.

Anyways, before you know it, he'll start getting minutes. Patience is a virtue.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poohdini makes great points. Thibs is great but his one flaw is overusing players. For the most part he puts us in the position to win, but why not put us in even a better one? Butler has been hurt due to this and so was Noah the last couple years. We're lucky Noah hasn't had to miss time this year. Anyways playing Butler less for example would only help the team. Butler is not a good offensive player by any means, and he can't play great D for 40 minutes and even if he could that isn't to much good if we can't score. He has lapses just like anyone else would in a high amount of minutes. The dude needs some rest which would give us more scoring (putting Jimmer in.) Look at the Memphis game. We lost because of our lack of scoring and you saw players like Butler in there who played so much and probably had little gas left. If Jimmer played 8 minutes and gave us 7 points we would have won the game. Just an example.

We need scoring punch and Jimmer can flat out score. Without Rose we really do not have good offensive players. Boozer can be good but he will never be utilized correctly here in Chicago. Dunleavy is probably the best offensive player at the moment for us and he wasn't even out there. Thibs needs to understand two things. Balance and minute management. Balance in the way of putting some offensive players out there instead of almost all defenders. You cannot win by ONLY stopping people. You need to score sometime....a lineup of DJ (solid scorer), Hinrich (mediocre scorer at this point of his career), Butler (mediocre scorer),Taj (mediocre scorer although he has had some good moments this year), Noah (inconsistent scorer) will not win you a grind out game.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Thibs was on Waddle & Silvy and he basically said Jimmer wont get any play time unless somebody gets injured

czman

Liked Posts:

He is not the best coach in the NBA. Bulls fans way overrate Tibs.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Thibs is a top 3 coach right now...and when it comes to being creative and designing schemes for his team, he is the best in the league.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He is not the best coach in the NBA. Bulls fans way overrate Tibs.
Maybe the best coach is what I said. Perhaps because I mistakenly made that one word instead of two you were confused?