The Bears Offseason [Updated with Each Move]

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If saying that the defense is bad is being contrarian, that says a lot about the levels of absurd homerism on this board. It's gotten to the point that one needs to read Rory and FT (not even Bears fans) to get an even handed view of the team.

Saying we are going to be a bottom 5 defense as we head towards the end of the first week of FA is moronic and you should be banned for that comment. We are not the same defense as last year (I believe major improvements) and as of now injury free. They wouldnt have had been a bottom 5 defense if they didnt have the injuries last year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If saying that the defense is bad is being contrarian, that says a lot about the levels of absurd homerism on this board. It's gotten to the point that

Saying the defense is bad is one thing but you've been flying off the handle since F.A started which was only two days ago. At the very least wait till the draft is over before going all doom and gloom dude. Also try other posters like gnat or botfly

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
Houston and Young were solid moves but the defense still looks very rough. Hoping for Melton on a decent sized deal still as that 3 technique spot looks very ugly right now. Also the secondary obviously still needs real attention as well.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my first year and a half on this message board I was disliked once and once only, and that was because I disliked Sevvy by mistake and then he disliked me back. I have been disliked 3 times today alone for making the same comment as Bearmick. This message board has become an Emery/Trestman fan cult where you can only say positive things about every move they make.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
1st #14: Aaron Donald DT - Pitt
2nd #51: Bradley Robey CB - Ohio State
3rd #82: Marcus Smith DE/OLB - Louisville
4th #113: Craig Loston SS - LSU
5th #144: Andre Willams RB - Boston College
6th #167: Max Bullough MLB - Michigan State
6th #175: Tajh Boyd QB - Clemson

Game Over. :woot:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1) you don't know if the defense will be bad and 2) you said it could be worse than last year and is looking like bottom 5. Dude can't even figure out his own statements now...

So you can't read. Even better.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
In my first year and a half on this message board I was disliked once and once only, and that was because I disliked Sevvy by mistake and then he disliked me back. I have been disliked 3 times today alone for making the same comment as Bearmick. This message board has become an Emery/Trestman fan cult where you can only say positive things about every move they make.

This story belongs in the Smithsonian.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

Really? Interesting, I've seen plenty of constructive criticism that leads to actual football discussion instead of douches like you, bearmick, rory, and FT making asinine comments about how "this is the worst thing ever", "this signing isn't really that impressive" (which you've said after damn near every signing), and things of the like.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

How is it that we're an Emery/Tress cult just cuz we don't want to jump off a cliff after the 3rd day of FA? If anyone is in a cult, it's you. How could you so negatively judge someone before they completed the job? Dude! It's the 3rd day of FA'cy and you guys are calling for the worst defense already? Pathetic! No wonder people dislike you!

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Sounds almost impossible but the defense could be worse than last year. Whether it is or it isn't, it's looking like a bottom 5 defense.
It was a bottom 1 defense last year, so bottom 5 would be an improvement. Lets just see how it goes because it really can't get any worse than last years defense.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Interesting, I've seen plenty of constructive criticism that leads to actual football discussion instead of douches like you, bearmick, rory, and FT making asinine comments about how "this is the worst thing ever", "this signing isn't really that impressive" (which you've said after damn near every signing), and things of the like.

I was happy with the signing of Butthead's kid as our new punter. So there. But then again, I was calling for the release of Podlesh by week 4 of last season. We certainly could of found something better than that, it was obvious early in the year that he was non functional, and he cost us dearly as the year wore on.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I don't think I've ever disliked you but I have told folks to ignore you because of your constant need to talk about the bad defense. I personally haven't been jumping for joy or crying about what has been going on because I have been shown anything yet. I'm waiting till at least TC is here before getting giddy or moaning about anything.

Imo you seem to miss Lovie and I honestly don't know why

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I was happy with the signing of Butthead's kid as our new punter. So there. But then again, I was calling for the release of Podlesh by week 4 of last season. We certainly could of found something better than that, it was obvious early in the year that he was non functional, and he cost us dearly as the year wore on.

My point is proven. Your only "compliment" is about signing a punter but not without still complaining about something from last year. I'm also pretty sure Podlesh's average went up as the season went on.

You're such a whiny bitch and you look like a God damned fool.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I don't think its right to call either either Daabears or Mick douches in the past. I've had my differences in the past with both of them but you can tell they want the Bears to win.They arent a bunch of children who come on the board just to start arguments and call other people names

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think I've ever disliked you but I have told folks to ignore you because of your constant need to talk about the bad defense. I personally haven't been jumping for joy or crying about what has been going on because I have been shown anything yet. I'm waiting till at least TC is here before getting giddy or moaning about anything.

Imo you seem to miss Lovie and I honestly don't know why

Forget about Lovie. Here are 10 things that piss me off, not in any particular order.

1) Kicking the FG in the Minnesota game

2) Not negotiating with Urlacher

3) Bringing back Cutler from injury too soon

4) And then keeping Cutler in that game way too long

5) Hiring Tucker

6) Not firing Tucker

7) Totally overpaying Cutler, killing us financially

8) The theory that all games are created equal, they certainly are not

9) Not cutting Podlesh and finding a new punter last year

10) Relying on DJ Williams at MLB when he can't stay healthy, or is suspended for drugs or alcohol every year, and now bringing him back with Urlacherish pay

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point is proven. Your only "compliment" is about signing a punter but not without still complaining about something from last year. I'm also pretty sure Podlesh's average went up as the season went on.

You're such a whiny bitch and you look like a God damned fool.

You are so wrong non-stop on this board I take pleasure in your opinion of me.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think its right to call either either Daabears or Mick douches in the past. I've had my differences in the past with both of them but you can tell they want the Bears to win.They arent a bunch of children who come on the board just to start arguments and call other people names

Thanks, but it's gotten to the point now where any poster who questions Emery is pretty much guaranteed to get personal abuse.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

I've seen nothing from either of them that leads me to believe your post