One Vandy WR out, Another one in? When?

AussieBear

With Earl out and possibly Weems leaving, this is going to produce a slot open for a pick and a battle for the 5th spot or possibly an open 6th spot.

1.Marshall
2.Jeffery
3.Wilson
4.Dixon
5.Toliver?
6. Open?

Since its possible the bears may take a WR in the draft, where would it be? if they take one in the second, they could end up with another Vany Product in Matthews. There is a lot of 6 foot plus guys running 4.4's in this draft. Anyway a few picks I like

Vandy WR 6'3 212 Jordan Matthews (4.46).. Cousin to Jerry Rice - 2nd rd

FSU WR 6'5 240 Kelvin Benjamin (4.6) is another 2nd rd WR prospect - Personally, I'd like him as a TE

Clemson WR 6'4 211 Martavis Bryant (4.42) has a 2nd-3rd rd grade

Alabama WR 6'2 198 Kevin Norwood (4.48) 4th-5th

Kent State WR 5'8 173 Dri Archer (4.26) 5th-6th

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I know most would love Archer. In the 5th round, I say what the hell. Might as well.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
This may be the first time I can remember not giving a rats ace about who the Bears 4th through 6th receivers are. That was important when their best receiver was Devin Hester- but it doesn't seem to matter so much anymore.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears draft Dri Archer. He played at running back most of his college career. After an injury last season he was demoted from starting running back (even though he still put up good numbers) to back up running back and wide out.

He can play running back, wide out and return kicks and punts.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know most would love Archer. In the 5th round, I say what the hell. Might as well.

Like the Raiders will be able to resist in the 3rd or 4th.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bryant looks like a potential second round Emery guy.

I personally prefer blowing our investments all on defense. A RB, TE, WR, or OT or C would be great. But a CB, SS, FS, DE, MLB, 3-tech should be higher goals unless the talent is so mind blowing that you keep trying to improve a complete offense.

I hope Emery doesn't outsmart himself with the value of a safety. Metrics and values are in a constant state of flux, and with Byrd's contract you can see there isn't much value in a DE over a FS.

Moreover, you can get better safeties earlier because they don't fly off the board with the constant man hunt.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Dri in the 6th. Fast as hell. Nice wr/rb hybrid. Replacing Hester on PR/KR.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
This may be the first time I can remember not giving a rats ace about who the Bears 4th through 6th receivers are. That was important when their best receiver was Devin Hester- but it doesn't seem to matter so much anymore.

There's a pretty big drop off after Alshon. If Marshal or Jeffrey go down (or God forbid both), we have nothing but untested guys. I hope Wilson takes a step as much as anyone, but with Bennett gone now, it's pretty much a necessity. My guess is the FO feels pretty comfortable with Wilson's improvement. Having said that, our WR corps is a bit thin but I'm not sure we can spend anything higher than a 3rd rounder which more than likely isn't going to be a guy that can be counted on in case of injury.

Lets just hope there are no injuries to our WRs.

AussieBear

I hope the Bears draft Dri Archer. He played at running back most of his college career. After an injury last season he was demoted from starting running back (even though he still put up good numbers) to back up running back and wide out.

He can play running back, wide out and return kicks and punts.

Makes him a potential dangerous weapon if used right. I wonder if tres would like to have a piece like that to play around with in his offense

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Jordan Mathews might be the best receiver in this draft...

How can I say that... well I watched him play... He is tough as nails, runs great routes, never takes plays off, has great hands, plays faster than his 40 time, great size, super intelligent...

I really don't understand why he is a second round pick other than his quarterback was mediocre at best as a college QB... He is NFL ready... And can be a big time impact player once he gets familiar with the system...