Sign Sherrick McManis!

bacon crotch

JWebb Nation Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously, why haven't we re-signed this guy yet? He's been our best gunner for the last couple of years, is young, and therefore cheap to keep at a minimum contract. I've seen him make a lot of tackles without the risk of drawing a personal foul, which puts him ahead of Weems at least.

Did some other team sign him and I missed it?

I'm curious why guys like McManis and Eben Britton are still hanging out as free agents, when they'd cost nothing to keep until cuts happen in preseason.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Briggs posted a tweet saying the two sides are deep in negotiations and he would expect a deal here soon.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
How hard is it to negotiate a minimum salary contract?

I don't know. I've never done it. Maybe they aren't negotiating a minimum salary contract? I'm sure there are a ton of intricacies that go into contracts and I'm sure they waited until they have a better idea of what their roster was going to look like.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
How hard is it to negotiate a minimum salary contract?

Incentive bonuses... Gotta fit them around so a guy like Marcus Hamilton could potentially make 10 million dollars if he blocks 8 field goals. That kinda nonsense.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That, and after the McCown stuff this year, no play will be signed for the Vet minimum ever again. Everyone will get $1 more at minimum.

#SquabblingOverADollar

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That, and after the McCown stuff this year, no play will be signed for the Vet minimum ever again. Everyone will get $1 more at minimum.

#SquabblingOverADollar

explain or link to old post?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

#SquabblingOverADollar

Yeah, spend a $1 and cost us $500K in cap money.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
If love McMannis and Britton both back. Britton I think could start over Mills