Hats Off To Emery

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
It is amazing but in year one Emery changes the WR group from laughing stock to what is now considered the best duo in league. In year two he took what we called an offensive line for years and turned it into a solid, cohesive unit with the potential to only get better.
In year three he has taken a line that could not stop the run or get to the QB and added top run stoppers and pass rushers at the end positions. Some may not like Emery but it is really hard to argue that he knows what he is doing. He identifies the biggest weakness and attacks it full force.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
It is amazing but in year one Emery changes the WR group from laughing stock to what is now considered the best duo in league. In year two he took what we called an offensive line for years and turned it into a solid, cohesive unit with the potential to only get better.
In year three he has taken a line that could not stop the run or get to the QB and added top run stoppers and pass rushers at the end positions. Some may not like Emery but it is really hard to argue that he knows what he is doing. He identifies the biggest weakness and attacks it full force.

Arguable.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Phil straight business Emery does it again

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Fucking awesome GM!

Mitchapalooza

290zjbn.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no no no, its

ALL HAIL THE EMERY!!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's see some better drafting now and he might be on to something.

Rawky

Liked Posts:
Arguable.

How so exactly? The way I see it he took the three biggest weaknesses we've had the last three years and corrected all three of them. WR, OL and this year DL.

He isn't done with the DL yet but I won't be surprised if we're all impressed by mid season with the improvement to the line.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Every GM has their hits and misses but in 2 years of drafting he has come away with a stud WR in Alshon, stud OG in Long, A steal of a starter in Mills, a capable nickel in Frey. His worst pick to date being Shea could end up redeeming himself in a role he is more suited for.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You win some you lose some. On one hand you have picks like Shea (who I haven't written off yet, especially at LB), Hardin etc...on the other you have Long, Alshon, Jordan Mills etc. No GMs hit on 100% of his picks. I think he's been good, not great as far as the draft so far. But when you look at his performance in its entirety (hiring Trestman and giving us a legit offense, FA etc) I'm pretty impressed.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Every GM has their hits and misses but in 2 years of drafting he has come away with a stud WR in Alshon, stud OG in Long, A steal of a starter in Mills, a capable nickel in Frey. His worst pick to date being Shea could end up redeeming himself in a role he is more suited for.

Beat me to it :)

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No actually his drafts have been pretty terrible so far. I agree drafts take time to evaluate, but things aren't looking that good so far.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
How so exactly? The way I see it he took the three biggest weaknesses we've had the last three years and corrected all three of them. WR, OL and this year DL.

He isn't done with the DL yet but I won't be surprised if we're all impressed by mid season with the improvement to the line.

The o-line could have been improved his first year here. He chose not to draft o-linemen.

The d-line was a strength his first year here. His moves in the 2013 offseason helped weaken it, and the defense overall (e.g. signing a player who retired before
training camp, not retaining Roach or Idonije, going into the season with 3 defensive tackles, and Mel Tucker).

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
He's definitely made strides. At a bare minimum, the defense will not be a bottom five D anymore. They won't be top 10 either, but if they can jump up 10-12 or so spots. That's major improvement in my mind.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You win some you lose some. On one hand you have picks like Shea (who I haven't written off yet, especially at LB), Hardin etc...on the other you have Long, Alshon, Jordan Mills etc. No GMs hit on 100% of his picks. I think he's been good, not great as far as the draft so far. But when you look at his performance in its entirety (hiring Trestman and giving us a legit offence, FA etc) I'm pretty impressed.

I'm one of the guys that realizes that a couple good players a draft makes it a good one. So far, we have 2 players that look to be good with Mills being debatable and needs more time to evaluate. If guys like Washington and Wilson make an impact this year or next, my opinion will change as well.

Liked Posts:
I like what he has done in free agency, I am still worried about the draft because really that is where you really need to build a team. Free agency in my opinion should be the finishing touch the moves made to put you over the top.

With that said on paper the D-line is immensely improved(barring injuries of course), that helps the entire defense. They have a respectable line right now.

I was listening to the radio and Mel Tucker was brought up, I wish the Bears would have gotten rid of him at the end of the season. I actually think Mel Tucker is the wild card here, some based on his history don't think he is up to the task. No more excuses, Emery has given him some players...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2agO4PhJTLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2agO4PhJTLs[/video]