Jared Allen chose Bears because he believes Cutler can win Championships.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
#Bears didn’t represent the biggest $ offer for Jared Allen: #Raiders did. They were willing to pay him $9M. He believed Bears were best fit

Make no mistake, part of Jared Allen’s reason for choosing the #Bears was his faith in Jay Cutler as a QB who can win titles.

--Ian Rappaport

This definetly deserves it's own thread.. Well, I'm going to have to AGREE with Allen on this one. hehehe

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm sure there is no one that will disagree with this.

Maybe one or two disgruntled wackos.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like it's Ian Rappaport saying that, not Allen. For shit's sake, Cutler has only made it to the playoffs once in an 8 year career. Mark Sanchez has done better than that.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In before the rage.

flip.gif

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I recall correctly Houston said the same thing about Cutler.

malcore

Dallas and Denver out of the picture. Seattle offering a million less per year, Oakland a million and a half more. Both on west coast. Mulletlocks found the place that was just right. Decent, ego friendly money, not too far to move and he gets to play the team that didn't want him anymore twice a year. Good choice by him. I'm not entirely sold on the choice by the Bears, but I'm not complaining.

dabears4life

Liked Posts:
Yeah your opinion is legit just like cobbland. Black qbs or bust for you two or else everyone is racist.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
What he is really saying is...Cutler > any Raiders QB

I do believe Cutler can get it done though.

malcore

Is it really a wonder that a veteran player would consider the qb of a potential team when weighing options? I mean Oakland and Schaub? Is considering Cutler better than that option saying much?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah your opinion is legit just like cobbland. Black qbs or bust for you two or else everyone is racist.

dude...this is 2014. Pull ur head outta ur azz and stop bringing race into the mix

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I recall correctly Houston said the same thing about Cutler.

I'm sure you do not recall correctly.

Here is what I was remembering,..

McKenzie added that defensive end Lamarr Houston -- another dynamic player who fled as a free agent -- was "in the same boat" as Veldheer, though Houston "was a little more sincere about wanting to come back."

Houston told McKenzie he wanted to sign with the Chicago Bears (which he did for $35 million over five years) because they were more settled at the quarterback position.

"In the end, it's the player's decision," McKenzie said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-houston-exits

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it really a wonder that a veteran player would consider the qb of a potential team when weighing options? I mean Oakland and Schaub? Is considering Cutler better than that option saying much?

"Cutler can win a Super Bowl" is not the same as "Cutler is better than Schaub."