Sammy Watkins vs Mike Evans

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I like Evans but this poster is right. It's not even close.

Can't believe so many people are picking Evans based on he is 3 inches taller.

3 Inches taller than Sammy.. but also about 5 inches taller than your average corner back with much longer arms... he also weighed in around 230lbs at the combine... and ran a 4.53 forty... and he led the SEC in TDS and had 20.2 YPC... he is also a great blocker which NFL teams will like...

Watkins is a stud no doubt... but I don't know if I can pass on monster 3rd down and red zone target like Evans...

It might depend on what type of team you are trying to build... for instance the Rams have Tavon Austin... fast route running playmaker... But not a big fast physical 3rd down guy... they might opt for the bigger guy to compliment Austin and take advantage of mismatches where as a team like the Raiders might take Watkins because they need a sure thing play maker on the offensive side of the ball...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
3 Inches taller than Sammy.. but also about 5 inches taller than your average corner back with much longer arms... he also weighed in around 230lbs at the combine... and ran a 4.53 forty... and he led the SEC in TDS and had 20.2 YPC... he is also a great blocker which NFL teams will like...

Watkins is a stud no doubt... but I don't know if I can pass on monster 3rd down and red zone target like Evans...

Mike. Williams.

6'5", 4.5 forty, 38" vert, long arms, unstoppable freakmonsterfreakazoid red zone target, blah blah blah...bigger is not always better.

Watkins is head and shoulders the better WR.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Watkins and it's not even close

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Mike. Williams.

6'5", 4.5 forty, 38" vert, long arms, unstoppable freakmonsterfreakazoid red zone target, blah blah blah...bigger is not always better.

Watkins is head and shoulders the better WR.

What world do you live in?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Watkins reminds me in a lot of ways of Hopkins in Houston. Evans reminds me of a poor mans Michael Floyd. Not quite as fast or as athletic.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
What world do you live in?

One governed by reason and evidence, and not silly meatball tropes. I'd invite you to visit, but you have to have a vocabulary capable of describing a good prospect as something other than a "beast," a "monster," a "freak," or a "stud," in order to get in.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Matt Miller said Watkins is the best WR he's scouted since Megatron...not saying his word is the bible, but interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Watkins is a more explosive Reggie Wayne.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
One governed by reason and evidence, and not silly meatball tropes. I'd invite you to visit, but you have to have a vocabulary capable of describing a good prospect as something other than a "beast," a "monster," a "freak," or a "stud," in order to get in.

I just stated the evidence... He led the SEC in TDs and had 20 ypc ... isn't that evidence enough...

You are a mainstream media meatball... Just regurgitate everything you hear on ESPN... I bet you didn't like Burfict or Mathieu either... I bet you were in the ALshon is overweight and fat camp too...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Watkins reminds me in a lot of ways of Hopkins in Houston. Evans reminds me of a poor mans Michael Floyd. Not quite as fast or as athletic.

Evans is super athletic... maybe you haven't watched any film or done your research but the talk on him is that he is just about as athletic as you can get for a guy his size... The only thing he is lacking is Calvin Johnson speed... He has great hands, great size, solid route running, great technique, great vertical, physical, willing blocker on running plays...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Evans is super athletic... maybe you haven't watched any film or done your research but the talk on him is that he is just about as athletic as you can get for a guy his size... The only thing he is lacking is Calvin Johnson speed... He has great hands, great size, solid route running, great technique, great vertical, physical, willing blocker on running plays...

By athletic I meant sudden like Floyd, not as much quick twitch if you will. Not saying he doesn't have athletic ability

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Watkins is a more explosive Reggie Wayne.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Lofty comparison. Wayne is a monster and routinely makes the impossible look easy.
Not sure if Watkins has those kinda dynamic hands and body control, very few do. For example. Alshon is one of the few

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
you all remember the draft we were pining for johnny knox? things have changed...

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Lofty comparison. Wayne is a monster and routinely makes the impossible look easy.
Not sure if Watkins has those kinda dynamic hands and body control, very few do. For example. Alshon is one of the few

Well Watkins won't have the luxury of having Peyton from day 1 so forget about Wayne.

Watkins reminds me of a more complete Demarius Thomas. Thomas is 6-3 but he doesn't go up and get it like your taller receivers.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Well Watkins won't have the luxury of having Peyton from day 1 so forget about Wayne.

Watkins reminds me of a more complete Demarius Thomas. Thomas is 6-3 but he doesn't go up and get it like your taller receivers.

Thomas is a good comparison in that a large part of both their game is YAC. They both have the ability to take a screen and just boot it.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I just stated the evidence... He led the SEC in TDs and had 20 ypc ... isn't that evidence enough...

Oh boy, we're playing "stats without context" again! So, since Kelcy Quarels had more sacks than Jadeveon Clowney, he is the better prospect and should be drafted higher, right? And since Michael Sam led the SEC in sacks, that's evidence enough that he's the best defense player in the SEC, right?

I'm curious: Does it hurt? Does complex thinking really induce physical pain, and is that why you avoid it?

You are a mainstream media meatball... Just regurgitate everything you hear on ESPN

I don't watch ESPN. I don't even have the cable channel anymore. Try again.

Also, not sure if you actually comprehend the meatball meme. Maybe ask someone.

... I bet you didn't like Burfict or Mathieu either... I bet you were in the ALshon is overweight and fat camp too...

You're absolutely right; I didn't like any of them. Point of fact though, I also didn't follow those drafts, so I didn't dislike them either. Sorry, try again.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
sure Evans is big, can go up and get it and could be really good but this is not even close...

Watkins. he is one of the best prospects in this draft period, let alone the top WR. seen a lot of writers call him the second best player in this entire draft... oh and he is not small either...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
you all remember the draft we were pining for johnny knox? things have changed...

For a 5th round pick Knox actually turned out to be a nice player. He was thrust into a #1 role when he shouldn't have been. Ideally he would have been a nice #2 or #3.