Latest mock from Adam Hoge

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/01/hoge-2014-bears-mock-draft-3-0/

Paraphrased:
1st Round, No. 14: CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State (6-0, 202 lbs)

2nd Round, No. 19: DT DaQuan Jones, Penn State (6-4, 322 lbs)

3rd Round, No. 18: S Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois (5-11, 193 lbs)

4th Round, No. 17: WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin (6-1, 195 lbs)

5th Round, No. 16: LB Christian Jones, Florida State (6-3, 240 lbs)

6th Round, No. 7: RB Storm Johnson, Central Florida (6-0, 209 lbs)

6th Round, No. 15: C Bryan Stork, Florida State (6-4, 315 lbs)

Oh yeah, and Cutler's a twat.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
switch rounds 2 and 3 to be more realistic but I could live with that. Jones can be a really good run stuffer with some movement skills.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will draft C Gabe Ikard or sign him as an UDFA

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
switch rounds 2 and 3 to be more realistic but I could live with that. Jones can be a really good run stuffer with some movement skills.

This. Ward in round 2 is more realistic but yeah this would be quite the draft. If Gilbert makes it to 14 would be hard not to take him.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
This. Ward in round 2 is more realistic but yeah this would be quite the draft. If Gilbert makes it to 14 would be hard not to take him.

could it be possible to draft Gilbert to let him play at FS then move him down CB in nickle and dime packages while putting Conte at FS. I mean honestly
it would seem he'd be a natural fi at FS considering his ball skills, range, athletic ability and speed.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
could it be possible to draft Gilbert to let him play at FS then move him down CB in nickle and dime packages while putting Conte at FS. I mean honestly
it would seem he'd be a natural fi at FS considering his ball skills, range, athletic ability and speed.

No you let him play his natural position at CB, CB is more valued position that Safety is. Let him play in sub packages and as the main back up to Tillman and Jennings especially with both over 30 years old.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would love this.

EaCoBear

Liked Posts:
Again switch Round 2 & 3. Also, instead of WR in 4th give me, Charles Sims (RB). I think his game translate to that of Fortes. Then replace Storm with a WR/TE.

lurker

Liked Posts:
not a bad mock. I would love getting donald or gilbert in the 1st

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
No you let him play his natural position at CB, CB is more valued position that Safety is. Let him play in sub packages and as the main back up to Tillman and Jennings especially with both over 30 years old.

Agreed. Keep him at corner. Use him in the nickel initially as well Peanut insurance. Gilbert reminds me a lot of Patrick Peterson. Both guys are around the same size and speed with a similar skill set. If Gilbert reaches his potential no reason he can't be a top corner and return man like Peterson.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:

i understand what youre sayin but in my defense, i would want the most play makers on the field at once considering how bad our D' was last year. you cant tell me how awesome it would be with him roaming around in the back field watching the QB and using his instincts, speed & ball skills. while still honing his craft by playing in nickel and dime. also getting lessons and tutored from Peanut jennings and mundy