Would it be wrong to think Gilbert would be an awesome play making FS???

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
speed. height , weight, ball skills, fluidness in hips, range, instincts and cover skills. all attributes of a play maker in the secondary.
Gilbert 1st rd.
Stanley Baptiste in the 2nd.
Daquan jones or Kelcy Quarles in the 3rd.
Christian jones 4th.
D'anthony thomas or Dri Archer 5th.
Best Center 6th.
Colt Lyeria 6th.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
speed. height , weight, ball skills, fluidness in hips, range, instincts and cover skills. all attributes of a play maker in the secondary.
Gilbert 1st rd.
Stanley Baptiste in the 2nd.
Daquan jones or Kelcy Quarles in the 3rd.
Christian jones 4th.
D'anthony thomas or Dri Archer 5th.
Best Center 6th.
Colt Lyeria 6th.

Lets take one of the top CB prospects and make him a FS..........Lovie is that you?

Liked Posts:
Yes, it is wrong.

You don't take the top CB in the draft and play him out of position. Why does this board fall in love with the idea of changing a player's role?

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Yes, it is wrong.

You don't take the top CB in the draft and play him out of position. Why does this board fall in love with the idea of changing a player's role?

bro you act like i said lets play him at TE or RB. He would still be a DB..But he would have more freedom to roam and use his ball skills without having to be locked on one side of the field playin CB.

Liked Posts:
I mean, COULD he play FS?

I guess, but with Clinton-Dix in the 1st or Ward/Buchannon/Bailey in the 2nd, why not just draft one of them and allow Gilbert to play the position he excelled at?

There is no impetus for this.

Liked Posts:
bro you act like i said lets play him at TE or RB. He would still be a DB..But he would have more freedom to roam and use his ball skills without having to be locked on one side of the field playin CB.

Look, it would be one thing if he was a larger CB who played more of a physical game or didn't have the speed to stay at the position - Antone Exum of V.Tech, for example - or you take an existing, aging player and try to wring the most out of his years left with the team, but the guy is the premier player at his position in the draft. Why bother changing that? It is an unnecessary move.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why did you ask the question if you refuse to see anyone else's point of view?

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
I mean, COULD he play FS?

I guess, but with Clinton-Dix in the 1st or Ward/Buchannon/Bailey in the 2nd, why not just draft one of them and allow Gilbert to play the position he excelled at?

There is no impetus for this.
Clinton-Dix i feel is over rated, especially playin with Bama. the other 3 guys you mentioned play SS. AND besides Gilbert is a better play making athlete than those guys.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
why are bear fans always trying to convert a corner into a safety?

Liked Posts:
Clinton-Dix i feel is over rated, especially playin with Bama. the other 3 guys you mentioned play SS. AND besides Gilbert is a better play making athlete than those guys.

Dion Bailey can absolutely play FS.

Again, you're talking about taking the best player at his position - a position of significantly greater importance, btw - and asking him to do something else completely. The Bears have a significant need at cornerback, too. It isn't like this would be the final piece missing from an elite defense.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Let's just cash in our draft to trade up for Clowney and move him to TE.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
You don't move a CB to safety just for the hell of it. Maybe if he's stiff, or a step too slow, doesn't have the quickness needed at CB etc. But to move a corner with the skills of safety just because is dumb.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Dion Bailey can absolutely play FS.

Again, you're talking about taking the best player at his position - a position of significantly greater importance, btw - and asking him to do something else completely. The Bears have a significant need at cornerback, too. It isn't like this would be the final piece missing from an elite defense.
Football is Football. How many years has he played CB?..i'll wait.