White Sox Team Discussion Thread

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Get victor! Go hard and land him to be behind Abreu. Then sign Andrew Miller and Wade Davis whom I believe are free agents.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Get victor! Go hard and land him to be behind Abreu. Then sign Andrew Miller and Wade Davis whom I believe are free agents.

I don't see the need to throw money at average SPs when we have guys coming up in the minors next year.

The Sox should focus on relievers and hitting this offseason.

Call me crazy, but I'm not too impressed with Avasial's lack of disciple at the plate. I wouldn't mind him getting moved if the Sox can acquire a better option via FA.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I don't see the need to throw money at average SPs when we have guys coming up in the minors next year.

The Sox should focus on relievers and hitting this offseason.

Call me crazy, but I'm not too impressed with Avasial's lack of disciple at the plate. I wouldn't mind him getting moved if the Sox can acquire a better option via FA.

He is like 23....

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He is like 23....

I know he's young, but he's an easy out with pitches low and out of the zone. No matter what the count, he swings away at the pitch and he can't hit it.

Like I said though, if the Sox can land a big hitting RF, I'm ok with them moving Avasial for decent prospects. If not, keep him. Same goes for Viciedo.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he's young, but he's an easy out with pitches low and out of the zone. No matter what the count, he swings away at the pitch and he can't hit it.

Like I said though, if the Sox can land a big hitting RF, I'm ok with them moving Avasial for decent prospects. If not, keep him. Same goes for Viciedo.

wanting to trade avi already? :rolleyes:

maybe we should trade abreu for his hr slump.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
wanting to trade avi already? :rolleyes:

maybe we should trade abreu for his hr slump.

I'm just not impressed w/Avi, just a gut feeling, but I've learned to trust it... had the same feeling about Beckham. They're both young and might be good someday, but the Sox can't waste quality pitching waiting for these guys to develop at the big league level.

Anyway, I didn't realize Miller and Davis are relievers. I say go get them if the price is right.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Avi is 23 and because of the injury is pretty much in spring training.

I'll admit that he does swing a lot out of the zone, and that is troubling. But, he is only 23 and has plenty of time to learn.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Don't really want Martinez. He'll be 36 by the start of next season, spend on at least one RH starter.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't really want Martinez. He'll be 36 by the start of next season, spend on at least one RH starter.

and not just a back end starter. a legit number 2

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You've got to be kidding, right? Avasial is like 23 years old. He is a prospect. The guy is going to be their right or left fielder next year. Viciedo may be traded but they may keep in as a 4th OF and DH. They do need a left handed hitting outfielder. IF they can get a good one and sign Martinez, their line-up should be sound. I expect them to let Flowers go in a trade and go with Cueto and Phlegley next year. That would be a good line-up.

But if they do not find 6 good pitchers, all is lost.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the bp can be fixed in the offseason. not too worried as bps vary from year to year.

if they go with phegley/nieto/or flowers with wilkins as a dh than the sox are wasting years of sale,q,abreu,eaton and avi.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm just not impressed w/Avi, just a gut feeling, but I've learned to trust it... had the same feeling about Beckham. They're both young and might be good someday, but the Sox can't waste quality pitching waiting for these guys to develop at the big league level.

Anyway, I didn't realize Miller and Davis are relievers. I say go get them if the price is right.

I guess that I can't believe how easily people write off hitters. When I look at Garcia, I see a guy who is going to be a doubles machine. The guy is a hitter who missed a lot of the year. He's 23 for cripes sake facing shit he's never seen before. They need help. A lot of it. But they need starting two starting pitchers and three relievers.I think that they have most of what they need positionwise except for pitching.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I guess that I can't believe how easily people write off hitters. When I look at Garcia, I see a guy who is going to be a doubles machine. The guy is a hitter who missed a lot of the year. He's 23 for cripes sake facing shit he's never seen before. They need help. A lot of it. But they need starting two starting pitchers and three relievers.I think that they have most of what they need positionwise except for pitching.

We have Sale, Quin, Rodon as the top 3. Sox have some good prospects to fill out the rest of the rotation. Not too concerned at all about SP next year. If we can get an impact starting pitcher, then great. Other than that, there's no sense spending money on mediocre pitching with good prospects in the farm system. Offense should be a bigger priority in the draft and FA for 2015.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Im missing it...who are the good pitching prospects? We busted on johnson and rienzo

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sanburn should be a good prospect. He was rated #10 for Athletics.

Rated #10 on a minor league system that might be worse than ours. He's not an option for 2015 in my eyes.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rated #10 on a minor league system that might be worse than ours. He's not an option for 2015 in my eyes.

Not an option? The guy has a legit shot to be in the pen next season.