Western Conference Quarterfinals: Chicago Blackhawks/St. Louis Blues

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
colaiacovo_gif_medium.gif

52-23-7, 111 points, 2nd place in Central Division, 3rd place in Western Conference

vs.

hossa_laugh.gif

46-21-15, 107 points, 3rd place in Central Division, 5th place in Western Conference

Broadcast Schedule

Game Date Time (CT) Local TV Local Radio

Game 1 Thu., April 17 7:00 p.m. CSN Chicago WGN AM-720

Game 2 Sat., April 19 2:00 p.m. NBC 87.7 The Game

Game 3 Mon., April 21 7:30 p.m. CSN Chicago 87.7 The Game

Game 4 Wed., April 23 8:30 p.m. CSN Chicago WGN AM-720

Game 5 Fri., April 25 7:00 p.m. CSN Chicago 87.7 The Game

Game 6 Sun., April 27 2:00 p.m. NBC 87.7 The Game

Game 7 Tues., April 29 TBD CSN Chicago 87.7 The Game

I think the gameplan we'll run with this postseason will be a series thread for each round, and different IGTs for each night. Think we might see an influx of traffic here over the next few months.

Also will make a few more threads for predictions, other series, and maybe even an Ice Hogs playoff one (should they make it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: X

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:sweep:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Optional skate this morning, Toews and Kane were both there. Q has said repeatedly that those two should be ready to go for Game 1 on Thursday night.

Hopefully get some more info on potential line combos at tomorrow's practice.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hawks in 7.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Blues in 4.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1h

#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Versteeg-Toews-Saad; Sharp-Handzus-Hossa; Bickell-Shaw-Kane; Bollig-Kruger-Smith.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Looks like Morin is the odd man out.

Also, Hjalmarsson was not at practice today but for good reason: his wife just gave birth to their first child.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1h

#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Versteeg-Toews-Saad; Sharp-Handzus-Hossa; Bickell-Shaw-Kane; Bollig-Kruger-Smith.

Don't get Versteeg's position up that high.

Perhaps Kane gets Bickell going in the playoffs?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anybody going to St. Louis for a game?

I've got tickets for Game 2 on Saturday afternoon. Sounds like Hawks fans are gonna take over the city that weekend.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
If I wasn't at school, I'd be hitting STL for sure. I think the Blackhawks win this in 6. Going to be a very hard nose series. Can't wait. This would have been a potential WCF in the old format

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Blues have a ton of injuries, David Backes among them. These tweets from a St. Louis beat reporter today:

I'm curious how close Backes is to actually returning. He seemed to be moving around well in the #stlblues locker room today.

When asked if Backes would be able to practice before Game 1 Thursday, Hitch replied: "Maybe, maybe."

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does Bollig have some sordid pics of Q or something? I'm still trying to figure out what Bollig brings to the table?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Does Bollig have some sordid pics of Q or something? I'm still trying to figure out what Bollig brings to the table?

Aside from Brookbank he is about the only remotely effective guy in certain aspects of the game. I don't think he takes nearly the stupid penalties that a guy Eager did -so it is pretty easy to work out why Bollig would be in the line up against St Louis (no idea why he played every game this season - or nearly every...) ...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Aside from Brookbank he is about the only remotely effective guy in certain aspects of the game. I don't think he takes nearly the stupid penalties that a guy Eager did -so it is pretty easy to work out why Bollig would be in the line up against St Louis (no idea why he played every game this season - or nearly every...) ...

Bollig had a very long leash in the regular season; it seemed like he never got benched for mistakes he made. But if you'll remember last postseason, I think it was Game 3 against Boston when he had a turnover early in OT that resulted in the Bruins getting the GWG. He didn't skate again in the playoffs.

I wonder if Q will have the same approach this year.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Some more practice updates from St. Louis this morning, as the Blues are on the ice right now.

TJ Oshie and Patrick Berglund are not skating.

Tarasenko, who's been out for over a month with a broken hand, is on the ice. So is Backes. Haven't seen confirmations that either of those players is suiting up for Game 1, although Tarasenko was reportedly seeing PP time. That would lead me to believe he is.

I'm getting all this info from Blues reporter @lkorac10 on Twitter, by the way.