FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tuitt is actually on the Jeffery plan

-Dominate as a Sophmore

-Get banged up and out of shape as a Junior

-Get downgraded by the draft system, while having your unique physical gifts and sophmore production ignored.

-Get to a strong team and become a star.
If Tuitt falls to SF, Denver, KC, or Seattle.

Jeebus.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Tuitt falls to SF, Denver, KC, or Seattle.

Jeebus.

I re-watched him manhandle USC today. Inside at 3 technique, outside against the poor LT who go bullrushed into his QB 3-4 times.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I re-watched him manhandle USC today. Inside at 3 technique, outside against the poor LT who go bullrushed into his QB 3-4 times.

Go watch him shit all over Lewan in 2012. One sack he literally walks Lewan backwards with one arm and sacks Robinson with his free hand.(I'm pretty sure that was on Lewan).

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive seen Hageman rated as the #2 OAL DT prospect by some respected draft anlysts. He's highly regarded as a back half of the 1st round prospect. He fits Phil's historical profile of coveted prospects, and fits a huge need on the Bears. I expect he will be VERY high on the Bears Big Board, and would not be the least suprised (or disappointed) if is picked at #14. Would be incredibly similar to the Long pick last year, someone who many people agree has loads of potenial, but some definite question marks. Size, Speed, Athletic freak. Some people could and probalby would call it a reach, but it would be a minimal reach at best, and if he turns into a fringe pro-bowler year 1 like Long not to many people will be questioning Phil's 'reaches' going forward

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think why in regards to Hageman isn't comparable to Jeffery is that Jeffery was a highly productive player at a big time school in a big time conference even with those "concerns".

Tuitt was highly productive at a big time school for a big time program.

Hageman was pretty non-descript production wise at Minnesota.

To be fair, he got on the map with a strong jr. year that included 6 sacks. He didn't have the production SR year and I otherwise agree with you.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Ive seen Hageman rated as the #2 OAL DT prospect by some respected draft anlysts. He's highly regarded as a back half of the 1st round prospect. He fits Phil's historical profile of coveted prospects, and fits a huge need on the Bears. I expect he will be VERY high on the Bears Big Board, and would not be the least suprised (or disappointed) if is picked at #14. Would be incredibly similar to the Long pick last year, someone who many people agree has loads of potenial, but some definite question marks. Size, Speed, Athletic freak. Some people could and probalby would call it a reach, but it would be a minimal reach at best, and if he turns into a fringe pro-bowler year 1 like Long not to many people will be questioning Phil's 'reaches' going forward

I wouldnt be upset either.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am admitedly a believer in height, weight speed when making a jump in competition.

I always looked at it like this

Things that can be changed

Attitude
Work Ethic
Scheme
Coaching
Technique
Experience

Things that cannot

Height
Body Type
Speed
Natural Strength
Athletic Ability
Length

Now that is not saying it works everytime, but I had a coach in the CFL who coached many years in the NFL say that the only thing he looks at was are you big enough, quick enough, and strong enough. Everything else he felt confident he could develop.

He once told me he liked me because I was a converted DLmen who had no idea what I was doing, therefore he could mold me the way he wanted.

Then he got fired and I got cut so who knows.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go watch him shit all over Lewan in 2012. One sack he literally walks Lewan backwards with one arm and sacks Robinson with his free hand.(I'm pretty sure that was on Lewan).
Correction. It was Schofield. Shembo pushed in Lewan's shit a few plays before.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is the question.

What would be Bears fans reaction to Tuitt being picked 14?

I would be surprised as I always am by Emery 1st round picks. But I would understand and I would see the talent and upside that Emery is trying to harness.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You simply cannot teach what he is and if you have any faith in your coaching staff, which I think Emery does, you hand them Hageman and see if you can replicate Kyle Long.

He is ranked by many in the top 20-25 prospects and carries a 1st round grade from just about everyone associated with the draft.

If you do think he is a risk, does it shock anyone that Phil Emery would reach for a top athlete at a positon of need.
He is large and athletically freakish like Long, but the drive and desire is a big ? mark. Long is ferocious on the field which has allowed him to play well while still being raw. Hageman has failed to dominate on a consistent basis at a position he has played throughout college in spite of his unparallelled size and strength. Just as size and strength can't be taught, neither can intensity. Don't see him at 14 but possibly with a trade back near the 20's.

P.S. On your subsequent post about things that you can change you list attitude. If you mean a persons personality trait of intensity or ferocity, I would find that surprising you would think that being involved in higher level athletics.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is the question.

I would be surprised as I always am by Emery 1st round picks. But I would understand and I would see the talent and upside that Emery is trying to harness.

[video=youtube;2EhJdcnRBxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EhJdcnRBxo[/video]

Here is Lewan back in 2012 versus Shembo and Tuitt. Watching this I'm shocked to see how badly he got beat many times, how Tuitt walked him back a couple times with a basic bullrush and how often Michigan gave Lewan help, either with an obvious double or some chip help by a TE/RB. I just see a guy that is pretty passive and "takes" way too much.

I'm really low on Lewan and maybe this film is stuck in my head too much but..not pretty.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is the question.

If Dix/Donald/and/or Gilbert is still on the board.....

The shit. It hits the fan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is large and athletically freakish like Long, but the drive and desire is a big ? mark. Long is ferocious on the field which has allowed him to play well while still being raw. Hageman has failed to dominate on a consistent basis at a position he has played throughout college in spite of his unparallelled size and strength. Just as size and strength can't be taught, neither can intensity. Don't see him at 14 but possibly with a trade back near the 20's.

Agree and that is where my fear with Hageman comes from.

The question Emery asks is do I have the locker room, veteran players, and coaches to create the desire?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know what the board will do.

What would be your reaction?

Slight chuckle. Think it's a bit of a reach and not a great scheme fit.

Anxiously await the Packers pick.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you take him over Hageman?

Gun to my head, yes. But if I'm the Bears I'm not taking either at #14 especially with Dix or Gilbert on the board. (I'm not a huge Donald guy)

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2EhJdcnRBxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EhJdcnRBxo[/video]

Here is Lewan back in 2012 versus Shembo and Tuitt. Watching this I'm shocked to see how badly he got beat many times, how Tuitt walked him back a couple times with a basic bullrush and how often Michigan gave Lewan help, either with an obvious double or some chip help by a TE/RB. I just see a guy that is pretty passive and "takes" way too much.

I'm really low on Lewan and maybe this film is stuck in my head too much but..not pretty.

Yeah, I'm not a Lewan fan either. I thought Alabama dominated him too. And I thought Clowney beat him too. Not that getting beat by a bunch future NFL players is a huge downgrade. I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be. I liked all of Fisher, Joeckel and Fluker better than him last year and I would like Kouandijo more if his knees weren't scary.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Hageman's physical abilities intrigue the hell out of me. He has things you can't teach. We have to have confidence that our coaches and locker room can keep him motivated to reach his potential.