In theory the Bears could have a young LB core

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
In my opinion, a more likely scenario:

Bostic at Sam, Shea at bench, Greene at McDonalds if he doesn't get the fuck in shape.

rk7ndk.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why people keep fantasizing about McClellin becoming a MLB. The coaching staff already said he's going to be competing for SAM, and take "some" snaps at MLB. Taking "some" snaps at MLB doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of confidence in him actually playing MLB. Even Urlacher said Shea would be better suited for SAM. I guess some fans are just desperate to see the next Butkus/Singletary/Urlacher replacement. But the reality is, Shea is probably going to end up as a situation pass rusher when we use four LBs. Does anyone think he has pass coverage skills?

Can anyone even name an NFL DE who successfully switched to MLB after his 2nd year in the league? I know they switch to OLB, but not MLB.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
It takes a player 3 years before they're officially busts.

Poor rookie years, but Bostic and Greene have two years to find their role on the Chicago Bears defense. It's still possible, so give them a chance. Why root against Bears players we drafted one year ago?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The back Seven are gonna look alot better if that Dline is Top Ten this year guaranteed, and it wont matter whos back there from the present roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Bostic 22 years old, Greene 25, and Shea 24, if they could develop them - the LB core would actually be pretty young once Briggs and DJ are gone.

This is saying you could develop all three. This is also saying you find the right position for them.

I say Shea at Mike, Bostic at Sam and Greene at Will.

That theory sucks!! I don't like Shea at all, Greene at all, and fingers still crossed on Bostic to be a SLB or in two years fill into WLB on a cheap extension.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, in theory, when all the old guys leave, we will be left with a bunch of young guys.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But in actuality , by the time we get rid of all the old guys, the young guys are older and almost considered old, which is as it should be ad infinitum

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
It takes a player 3 years before they're officially busts.

Poor rookie years, but Bostic and Greene have two years to find their role on the Chicago Bears defense. It's still possible, so give them a chance. Why root against Bears players we drafted one year ago?

I wasn't nor have I ever rooted against a bears player im just worried their gonna be as terrible as I think they might be

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If anything, it would be Bostic at Will, Shea at Mike, and Greene at Sam. Although, I don't think Shea could handle the middle and I'm not sure Greene is a starter in this league.
Maybe it will be Bostic/Shea at Will, Bostic/Shea at Sam and Borland/Mosely at Mike??

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea is athletic. I think some of that was hidden playing at the DE position because of the limited amount of space he had to work with. Shea has a better chance of sticking as a LBer were he has room to move around and show his speed. That being said he now has more room to get lost which he did a few times at the DE position. He better catch on quickly.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I haven't seen reports that Greene is out of shape. Did someone see him recently or is there a story?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen reports that Greene is out of shape. Did someone see him recently or is there a story?

I think someone said in the forums here he looked out of shape but I have not seen anything.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I think someone said in the forums here he looked out of shape but I have not seen anything.
pppfffttt... the kid has a chubby looking face, and his frame is minorly thick. That's all it is, people going by his face/head. The dude is not fat, nor going to get fat.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
All of Shea's highlights on youtube are of him rushing the passer. Doesn't seem to be much of him doing mid-field linebacking.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its 50/50 whether or not Shea even makes the final 53.

I think he'll get cut.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I think, or at least hope, Bostic can develop into a solid will, and a decent sam shouldn't be too hard to find, meaning we need to address mike.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
jesus guys how about giving the rookies more than one season to develop before you label them busts. i'm still big on Bostic and Greene. talk to me in two years.

If they aren't superstars from day 1 around here... All hope is lost...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its 50/50 whether or not Shea even makes the final 53.

I think he'll get cut.

clearly you don't see the gleam in Emery's eyes when he talks about him. He is way to enamored to come to this conclusion this year. Would be hard for him to do next year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That theory sucks!! I don't like Shea at all, Greene at all, and fingers still crossed on Bostic to be a SLB or in two years fill into WLB on a cheap extension.

I'll revise. I shouldn't say I don't like Shea at all. There are things to like. He is pretty quick off the snap, and while a one trip pony at DE it wasn't a terrible trick. He's pretty fast around the edge but with our safeties and linebackers the ball was out fast. No push up the middle, he didn't really have a great shot at getting sacks with all that.

I'm intrugued about him at linebacker still. I can't say hopeful or count on him, but I can cross my fingers and say hmmmmm collectively with the bears organization.