Joakim Noah wins 2014 Defensive Player of the Year Award

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Noah started out on Nene. Noah was the one that gave up most of the points in the first quarter. Anyone who says different needs their eyes checked.

In fact here is a 5 minute video showing Noah guarding Nene from the beginning of the game. I think there was 1 play where Gibson was defending Nene.

Link: [video=youtube;fRrEPcLBDf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrEPcLBDf4[/video]

In all of the plays Noah was in, he guarded and contested all but one of those attempts as tight as you can. Or did you not watch your own video? Maybe you're basing the whole game on this one video?

czman

Liked Posts:
In all of the plays Noah was in, he guarded and contested all but one of those attempts as tight as you can. Or did you not watch your own video? Maybe you're basing the whole game on this one video?

Yeah, I'm not going to defend Noah entirely for last night. But he was on Gortat more often than not as per assignment. I don't agree with that matchup, but then again, considering what the Bulls had to go on scouting with Nene being limited in his return from injury, it's also hard to say that he's going to have a big game like that and Gortat is the logical matchup.

So Noah was on Gortat, huh.

Yep, whatever you say man. Whatever you say. LOL

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Uh yeah. For the majority of the game he was. You're basing the entire game on a few highlights. Good job, skip. :clap:

Even Stacey King was yelling that Boozer and Taj should have been on Gortat throughout the second half, instead of Noah. I guess he needs his eyes checked too, or he didn't watch the game.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well deserved.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I watched a quarter and a half of the game and could see Noah on Gortat basically every play...

:shrug:

Guess I'm blind

czman

Liked Posts:
Uh yeah. For the majority of the game he was. You're basing the entire game on a few highlights. Good job, skip. :clap:

Even Stacey King was yelling that Boozer and Taj should have been on Gortat throughout the second half, instead of Noah. I guess he needs his eyes checked too, or he didn't watch the game.

So Noah started on Nene, the first set of the game. Was on him for all of the shots Nene took, but did not guard Nene. Ok.

Everyone in this thread, but you stated Noah was on Nene. The Video shows Noah on Nene. However, Noah guarded Gortat and not Nene. Never been wrong in your life have you.

Back to ignoring you.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
he didnt say he was NEVER on Nene....he said he guarded Gortat for a majority of the game

Noah got abused in the 1st by Nene nobody is denying that

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Come on guys, it was one game. Shit happens, you can't win them all and lock down every player you're defending. Jo's about to become the 2nd Bull, 1st since Jordan in 87-88, to be named DPOY. He's had a great year and I'm sure he will step up next game. He deserves a huge round of applause for the year he's had. :clap:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Should watch the link. You will see something different.
Ok watched the video. That doesn't change the fact that I saw Noah guarding Gortat during the game as well. It's very possible those positions that Noah and Boozer switched on some big man screens or something. But ok, Nene beasted and feasted on whoever guarded him, DPOY Noah included.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Only the second time a Bull has won DPOY honors.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's on CSN now, if anyone is interested in watching. Almost over.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Speaking French...lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So Noah started on Nene, the first set of the game. Was on him for all of the shots Nene took, but did not guard Nene. Ok.

Everyone in this thread, but you stated Noah was on Nene. The Video shows Noah on Nene. However, Noah guarded Gortat and not Nene. Never been wrong in your life have you.

Back to ignoring you.
Yeah, so I don't know what this is, but I was just meaning to say that whenever Nene was guarded by Noah, Noah got outmuscled. Whether or not it was 5 plays or 50 plays - Noah didn't have his best game last night.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
Man... This award fell way off. This is like MVP when at one point it was going to guys like magic, jordan, bird, Shaq, Hakeem, etc and then freaking Steve Nash won it

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Condolences that your favorite player to hate won a prestigious award, and Cousins still plays for a lottery team.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Man... This award fell way off. This is like MVP when at one point it was going to guys like magic, jordan, bird, Shaq, Hakeem, etc and then freaking Steve Nash won it

who do you think should have won it? Dwight? Hibbert?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Glad to see we can demean a guy's ridiculous work ethic, determination and extremely impressive season on both sides of the ball by summarizing it in the handful of plays Nene scored on Noah.

Keep up the good work guys. Glad we're cheering for the guys in the Bulls uniform :clap: