Thibs' refusal to play Boozer and Dunleavy late is costing Bulls!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Bulls D is not playing well enough to justify not playing Boozer and Dunleavy at all in 4th quarters and beyond. Noah is getting abusnated by Nene. Should we bench him too? Boozer and Dunleavy are not even given the chance to fail. And that is on Thibs. Ever heard of zone? Thibs is eliminating options on his own.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't really say Boozer. Dunleavy yes... Taj was playing out of his mind until the drought late in the 4th. I would have kept him in there...

In any case, Bulls don't really stand a chance. They haven't come back from a 2-0 deficit in the playoffs since they played the Knicks in 93. And I don't think they've ever lost the first two games at home and have gone on to win a series (something nearly impossible within itself to do in the NBA).

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Did you watch the game?

I watched how they struggled to score, failed to rebound, defend and come up with loose balls. Gibson, Noah and Butler straight up gassed down the stretch. I saw nothing about the D to justify keeping two of your best offensive options on the bench while the Bulls struggled to score. Maybe a breather would have allowed Noah, Gibson and Butler to finish the game.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I'm asking if you saw Boozer struggle from the floor all night?

I saw Boozer not even given a chance to get untracked. I saw Boozer set pick after pick while Hinrich and DJ dribbled away. I saw no passes into Ithe post whatsoever. I saw Boozer grab 8 rebounds in 20 minutes. I also saw Jimmy Butler play 53 minutes while shooting 2 for 9. I basically saw Boozer and Dunleavy being wasted. What's your point?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just found it funny that when Dunleavy was inserted into the game in the 4th for like 10 seconds, we scored 4 points. He was responsible for none of them, but we weren't able to score after he left the game for good after that.

I really think Jimmy needs a rest. 53 minutes is an insane number of minutes to play. With the way we can't score at times, I'm not even opposed to running with Kirk, DJ, Dunleavy, Boozer, and Jo for a few minutes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I saw Boozer not even given a chance to get untracked. I saw Boozer set pick after pick while Hinrich and DJ dribbled away. I saw no passes into Ithe post whatsoever. I saw Boozer grab 8 rebounds in 20 minutes. I also saw Jimmy Butler play 53 minutes while shooting 2 for 9. I basically saw Boozer and Dunleavy being wasted. What's your point?
Please point out the big games this year that Boozer was given significant minutes in the 4th. Seems like par for the course to me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I really think Jimmy needs a rest. 53 minutes is an insane number of minutes to play. With the way we can't score at times, I'm not even opposed to running with Kirk, DJ, Dunleavy, Boozer, and Jo for a few minutes.

+1

He was productive until he hit the floor in game one. I wonder if he's playing with a broken rib still. IIRC, he even had a +12 before that fall, then he finished with a -15 for game one. Thibs is ignoring problems for his loyalty to system players again.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think Jimmy has a record of playing the most minutes with the least production

6-7-2 on 22% in 53 minutes

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
If Mike Dunleavy is your savior, you don't deserve to advance to the next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Please point out the big games this year that Boozer was given significant minutes in the 4th. Seems like par for the course to me.

You mean like the 31 and 27 he dropped against Miami? I just think the Bulls need everybody. The offense ran through Boozer last year. Taj has improved but Thibs has made a conscious effort to marginalize Boozer. Why can't both contribute?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watched how they struggled to score, failed to rebound, defend and come up with loose balls. Gibson, Noah and Butler straight up gassed down the stretch. I saw nothing about the D to justify keeping two of your best offensive options on the bench while the Bulls struggled to score. Maybe a breather would have allowed Noah, Gibson and Butler to finish the game.

You are right. Sometimes, Thibs makes this mistake. Not often but sometimes. I think he is going to need to adjust in the next couple of games.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like everyone else in here have said...

Dun- yes
Booz- no.

Gibson was the Bulls best player while Dun could have AT LEAST spread the floor in place of Captain Klank.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are right. Sometimes, Thibs makes this mistake. Not often but sometimes. I think he is going to need to adjust in the next couple of games.

I think the Bulls are done.

Nothing wrong with that- very good run with all things considering. Looking forward to what should be a very advantageous off-season.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Like everyone else in here have said...

Dun- yes
Booz- no.

Gibson was the Bulls best player while Dun could have AT LEAST spread the floor in place of Captain Klank.

Gibson was on the floor during that 8 minute drought. Maybe he got tired too. Stop pretending that Boozer could not help, especially on offense. Even MJ needs strategic breaks to finish games. I saw no reason Boozer and Dunleavy could not have gotten 5 minutes to allow the others to catch their breath for the final push. Even now, I will take a fresh Boozer over a tired Gibson any day of the week.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You mean like the 31 and 27 he dropped against Miami? I just think the Bulls need everybody. The offense ran through Boozer last year. Taj has improved but Thibs has made a conscious effort to marginalize Boozer. Why can't both contribute?

So 2 games, out of the 84 played so far this season?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gibson was on the floor during that 8 minute drought. Maybe he got tired too. Stop pretending that Boozer could not help, especially on offense. Even MJ needs strategic breaks to finish games. I saw no reason Boozer and Dunleavy could not have gotten 5 minutes to allow the others to catch their breath for the final push. Even now, I will take a fresh Boozer over a tired Gibson any day of the week.

MJ had Pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, Grant, and others that could provide offense in his absence. This team DOES NOT have this.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
MJ had Pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, Grant, and others that could provide offense in his absence. This team DOES NOT have this.
No, but I kind of do see the point... Butler played 53 minutes while providing just about zero offense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So the answer is Dunleavy? Who is going to poorly guard Beal?