Hard Knocks

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Roger Goodell says decision on 2014 'Hard Knocks' team coming "pretty soon."

There's speculation on yahoo's homepage that it's the Bears, god please don't be true.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Hope the QB Groomer does something about Jay's hair if he's gonna be a Reality TV star like Kristen

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I prefer they lay low, too many distractions aren't needed

I could see that- but they are super well compensated pros whose every move is scrutinized anyway. If they aren't mentally tough enough to put up with an additional camera or two- there is no hope for the season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see that- but they are super well compensated pros whose every move is scrutinized anyway. If they aren't mentally tough enough to put up with an additional camera or two- there is no hope for the season.

All the more reason why its imperative that they can have a space away from that bullshit where they can be real people.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad news imo, especially with so many new players on D. Dudes need space to loosen up and build camaraderie.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Would love for it to be the Bears.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
NEW YORK — Bears general manager Phil Emery always has been opposed to having his team be a part of HBO’s “Hard Knocks” series. So it’s a good thing for the Bears that it sounds as if some teams have stepped forward with an interest in being the focal team for the 2014 season.

“There were a lot of discussions with clubs at the March meeting [in Orlando, Fla.],” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said during the Associated Press Sports Editors meetings in New York on Thursday.
“There are several clubs that are interested in doing this. I just don’t have an update on which club, whether it’s going to be a volunteer or if it’s somebody who is going to have to fulfill the obligation. But I’m sure that decision will be made pretty soon.”
The Bears would be a team that falls under the “fulfill the obligation” category. According to new rules passed in October that allows the NFL to force teams to take part in “Hard Knocks,” the Bears are one of eight teams that are eligible for the series for the coming season.

Teams are exempt if they made the playoffs in one of the previous two seasons, hired a new head coach and appeared on “Hard Knocks” within the last 10 years. The other eligible teams for 2014 include the Bills, Cardinals, Giants, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams and Steelers.

Of those teams, the Bears are definitely the most exciting. The Bears have plenty of players — from guard Kyle Long to tight end Martellus Bennett to receiver Brandon Marshall to defensive end Jared Allen and so on — who would naturally make “Hard Knocks” must-see TV for all NFL fans. Over-analyzed quarterback Jay Cutler would surely be a hot topic, too.

In a chat with fans in September, Emery expressed his opposition to being part of the series, echoing early statements from 2012.
“We are a traditional organization that feels our best connection with our fans is to come down to Bourbonnais, [Ill.], and enjoy the live experience with us,” Emery said. “There’s nothing like seeing the team through your own eyes and how it’s coming together.”
Goodell said he has felt resistance from teams.

“To be fair yes, sure,” he said. “That’s one of the reasons why we passed the policy that we did is to get every team the opportunity to do this. We understand that it’s an additional responsibility, that it’s an additional thing to film out around your [training] camp and some clubs prefer not to have it.

“But it’s important for all clubs to contribute to it in some fashion. I think we designed a very interesting concept that allows teams if you have a coaching change not to have that be an issue, but also have some kind of rotation to it.”

Goddamit, Goodell is hell bent on teams participating, one day we will have no choice, Fucking Stupid

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You would think some shitty team that can't sell tickets would want to do it.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
NEW YORK — Bears general manager Phil Emery always has been opposed to having his team be a part of HBO’s “Hard Knocks” series. So it’s a good thing for the Bears that it sounds as if some teams have stepped forward with an interest in being the focal team for the 2014 season.

“There were a lot of discussions with clubs at the March meeting [in Orlando, Fla.],” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said during the Associated Press Sports Editors meetings in New York on Thursday.
“There are several clubs that are interested in doing this. I just don’t have an update on which club, whether it’s going to be a volunteer or if it’s somebody who is going to have to fulfill the obligation. But I’m sure that decision will be made pretty soon.”
The Bears would be a team that falls under the “fulfill the obligation” category. According to new rules passed in October that allows the NFL to force teams to take part in “Hard Knocks,” the Bears are one of eight teams that are eligible for the series for the coming season.

Teams are exempt if they made the playoffs in one of the previous two seasons, hired a new head coach and appeared on “Hard Knocks” within the last 10 years. The other eligible teams for 2014 include the Bills, Cardinals, Giants, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams and Steelers.

Of those teams, the Bears are definitely the most exciting. The Bears have plenty of players — from guard Kyle Long to tight end Martellus Bennett to receiver Brandon Marshall to defensive end Jared Allen and so on — who would naturally make “Hard Knocks” must-see TV for all NFL fans. Over-analyzed quarterback Jay Cutler would surely be a hot topic, too.

In a chat with fans in September, Emery expressed his opposition to being part of the series, echoing early statements from 2012.
“We are a traditional organization that feels our best connection with our fans is to come down to Bourbonnais, [Ill.], and enjoy the live experience with us,” Emery said. “There’s nothing like seeing the team through your own eyes and how it’s coming together.”
Goodell said he has felt resistance from teams.

“To be fair yes, sure,” he said. “That’s one of the reasons why we passed the policy that we did is to get every team the opportunity to do this. We understand that it’s an additional responsibility, that it’s an additional thing to film out around your [training] camp and some clubs prefer not to have it.

“But it’s important for all clubs to contribute to it in some fashion. I think we designed a very interesting concept that allows teams if you have a coaching change not to have that be an issue, but also have some kind of rotation to it.”

Goddamit, Goodell is hell bent on teams participating, one day we will have no choice, Fucking Stupid

The Bears will just have to become perennial contenders. If they always make playoffs, they'll always be off the mandatory list. And it'll make everyone here happy as well.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I think the whole distraction issue is overblown, the only time it seems like they are right in the players faces and less in the background is when they are out of practice and Hardknocks is highlighting a certain player (fringe veteran or lowround/undrafted FA). Most of the practice and locker room shots seem to be done with the cameramen in the background or further away. Of course you will have players who won't be as candid (see Porter from last year) or over candid (see Ocho Cinco from the year before) But I think as a whole the players early on just tune out the cameras unless they are getting highlighted for an episode.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It would be time for some ugly truth with this organization. The Bears should be run like the Blackhawks are run.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Giants Raiders and Steelers would also be good choices. If one of those teams volunteered, take them, it would be total bullshit if Goodell has willing teams and he forces an unwilling team to be on the show.

If the Bears are on, I'll watch and love it. I just hope it doesn't go that way.

vlcsnap-2011-07-23-21h58m49s175.png

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It would be time for some ugly truth with this organization. The Bears should be run like the Blackhawks are run.
That would requiring hitting on the draft picks.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im having a change of heart regarding Hard Knocks. Im gonna watch it anyway so let it be the Bears.