realistic final 4 guys the bears will have to choose from. yours?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
1. Clinton Dix
2. Hageman
3. Donald
4. Pryor

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1.Donald
2. Pryor
3. HCD
4. Nix

Emery is heavily influenced by need

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
1.Donald
2. Pryor
3. HCD
4. Nix

Emery is heavily influenced by need

Donald isn't realistic at this point IMO. I could see him going at 5, 8, 10, 12 and 13. Emery also puts major emphasis on athleticism. Hageman fits a need and has incredible athleticism for his size. Right now, that's our guy I think.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
The more I watch Donald the more I love him.

Production on the field and monster measurables.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Donald isn't realistic at this point IMO. I could see him going at 5, 8, 10, 12 and 13. Emery also puts major emphasis on athleticism. Hageman fits a need and has incredible athleticism for his size. Right now, that's our guy I think.

He could be.

But Hageman is literally only athleticism and potential could be an epic failure for Emery.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be.

But Hageman is literally only athleticism and potential could be an epic failure for Emery.

so maybe he goes HHCD or Pryor there. even if they aren't the elite studs we hope they'll be they HAVE to be better than anything on the field NOW, right?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Donald will be gone at 14. Interior defensive line is still an issue. Be interesting to see what emery does if his top 2 choices are gone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I would like to come out of this draft with

DT
NT
S
CB
LB
OT
RB/KR

If we can address those positions in some sort of order I would be very happy.

Ideally

1. NT/DT
2. S
3. DT/NT
4. CB
5. RB/KR
6. LB
6. OT

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy, why do you think Emery would take Pryor over HCD?

I think for 2 reasons;

1. He seems to be a more versatile player, he can play close to the line or in single high zone.

2. I think he is less of a finished product and has more potential.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Jernigan than Hageman if it isn't Donald.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sick of the Buchanon hype...Not good in coverage and is a one dimensional, hard hitting safety. At least Pryor has some range.

Buchanon at 14 would be a nightmare of a reach. Hell, at least Long had the pedigree and was not going to make it out of the 1st round, Buchanon has neither.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Buchanon at 14 would be a nightmare of a reach. Hell, at least Long had the pedigree and was not going to make it out of the 1st round, Buchanon has neither.

Devil's advocate

He has a far superior physical skill set to the top guys, bigger, stronger and more explosive.

The thing that makes a valuation of Bucannon difficult is that he just creates so many turnovers. I know he has coverage weaknesses, but he creates huge plays.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Except at this point last year how many people were talking about Long in the first? Buchanon is at least being talked about as a bottom of the first guy now. For all we know half the teams in the league could have him as their number 1 safety. Just playing Devi's advocate too. I wouldn't be thrilled with the pick but it is something I've filed away as a possibility. When a guy like Curtis Conway says he's a first round talent that says a lot to me.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Devil's advocate

He has a far superior physical skill set to the top guys, bigger, stronger and more explosive.

The thing that makes a valuation of Bucannon difficult is that he just creates so many turnovers. I know he has coverage weaknesses, but he creates huge plays.

Totally agree, but, I'd rather look to trade up to late 1st, early 2nd for Buchanon, and select a Dennard, Gilbert, Hageman or Ealy at 14. Heck, I would prefer Mosley at 14 rather than reaching for Buchanon. Don't get me wrong, I like some of what DB brings to the table, but the coverage weaknesses are a red flag that's hard to ignore. On a lighter note, I love the NFL draft give and take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Totally agree, but, I'd rather look to trade up to late 1st, early 2nd for Buchanon, and select a Dennard, Gilbert, Hageman or Ealy at 14. Heck, I would prefer Mosley at 14 rather than reaching for Buchanon. Don't get me wrong, I like some of what DB brings to the table, but the coverage weaknesses are a red flag that's hard to ignore. On a lighter note, I love the NFL draft give and take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the thing.... WE, the fans and the media may think Buchannon at 14 would be a reach. But for all we know there may be 5 teams that have mid first round grades on him. Just pointing out the obvious I guess. The only reason we think it'd be a reach is because we've been conditioned by hundreds of mocks and "experts" to think it's a reach.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the thing.... WE, the fans and the media may think Buchannon at 14 would be a reach. But for all we know there may be 5 teams that have mid first round grades on him. Just pointing out the obvious I guess. The only reason we think it'd be a reach is because we've been conditioned by hundreds of mocks and "experts" to think it's a reach.

As Windy said, his coverage skills make him a reach, but he has some other intangibles that scream "Top of the 2nd round".

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would love him between 25-45 if we can get to that range trading down or up.

It is tough because I do not think he can play man against slot WRs, but he has a knack for intercepting the ball and sometimes, like the Peanut punch, that cannot be taught,

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
As Windy said, his coverage skills make him a reach, but he has some other intangibles that scream "Top of the 2nd round".

All it takes is a run at a certain position or positions to make a 2nd rounder picked early, pretty much what happened with Long last year in a lot of peoples eyes, mine included.

But because it works at times doesn't make it a valid strategy, it's risky.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
1. Ha Ha Clinton Dix
2. Justin Gilbert
3. Calvin Pryor
4. Aaron Donald