The Cubs Need to Strike Gold In the Draft

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
The Cubs need to strike gold in the upcoming draft by getting a potential ace (like the next Verlander, Kershaw, Wacha, etc.) because I am sick and tired of waiting years until the draft prospect is in the Cubs lineup. Thoughts? Opinions?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The Cubs need to strike gold in the upcoming draft by getting a potential ace (like the next Verlander, Kershaw, Wacha, etc.) because I am sick and tired of waiting years until the draft prospect is in the Cubs lineup. Thoughts? Opinions?

Michael Wacha an Ace ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:

Many would agree with this. And because you mention an accelerated timeline, you're making a case for a college pitcher. It's doubtful there's a Dwight Gooden in the draft.

The good thing about stockpiling position players is that you could have a great offense and still be in a position to have a high enough pick to get high end pitching. Whereas, if the Cubs would have gone into the rebuild drafting pitching, they would be more competitive sooner.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The starting staff hasn't been the problem and focuses in on the fact that things have changed in the "post-ped" era. You can piece together a staff that keeps you in ballgames. Building a lineup that is dangerous from top to bottom takes work, and can experience weird fluctuations like the Cards complete lack of power this year.