1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
And Olt is killing me.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Starting to lose hope for Olt, though it would be nice to see him play 3-4 games in a row to see if he just needs consistent ABs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Starting to lose hope for Olt, though it would be nice to see him play 3-4 games in a row to see if he just needs consistent ABs

Him getting more AB's was big.. But so far, he's struggled.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs win.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
SHHHHH.. Cubs have just won 3 of last 4 games

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Offense feels as it is starting to come alive. Lake will likely see a big increase in starts with Sweeney likely going to hit the DL. Love what I've seen so far from Rizzo, Castro, and Castillo. Wood is still performing well. Need to give Samardzija some run support. Hopefully we can win our first series this weekend then take at least 3 next week from the Sox

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
SHHHHH.. Cubs have just won 3 of last 4 games

Last 14 days the Cubs record is 6-6. Progress, but far too late to mean anything for this year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Last 14 days the Cubs record is 6-6. Progress, but far too late to mean anything for this year.

Yea but progress for me isn't their record, im more interested in seeing progress made by a couple of their regulars...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Castro just smoked a ball. He is putting great swings on the ball when the count is in his favor. Thats fucking awesome.

Rizzo, Castro, and Castillo are all pulling their weight. There is hope for this team.
Yay! They might lose ONLY 90 games instead of 100.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Can we get Flash Gordon back? He probably can still pitch better then half these scrubs.

At least the whole bullpen isn't shit. Rondon, Grimm and Wright have been pretty great. Strop hasn't been bad. Villanueva hopefully should be better out of the pen. If the rehab stint on Veras can fix him they could end up being a pretty solid unit sooner or later.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Offense feels as it is starting to come alive. Lake will likely see a big increase in starts with Sweeney likely going to hit the DL. Love what I've seen so far from Rizzo, Castro, and Castillo. Wood is still performing well. Need to give Samardzija some run support. Hopefully we can win our first series this weekend then take at least 3 next week from the Sox

Sweeney pulled a hamy. I hope they promote Szczur. Give him some time in CF. He is on the 40 man and doesn't require a roster move off of the 40. Vitters was hitting .202. If he sustained he would be the guy.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweeney pulled a hamy. I hope they promote Szczur. Give him some time in CF. He is on the 40 man and doesn't require a roster move off of the 40. Vitters was hitting .202. If he sustained he would be the guy.

Coghlan was apparently scratched from the lineup and a lot of speculation that he is the callup. Fujikawa could be moved to the 60 day DL to create the 40 man roster spot.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Coghlan was apparently scratched from the lineup and a lot of speculation that he is the callup. Fujikawa could be moved to the 60 day DL to create the 40 man roster spot.

Typical conservative filler roster adjustment. Cog has no future with this team. The wise move would to get either Szczur who is a career 4 OF or start up Alcantara's clock early.

I'm partial to Alcantara. Make Boni a full time CF promote Alcantara full time 2B. Let Kalish split time in RF and LF. Sweeney gets a magical 60 day DL from a hammy pull. Solves much. When Baez is ready trade Castro and gear up for 2015.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
At least the whole bullpen isn't shit. Rondon, Grimm and Wright have been pretty great. Strop hasn't been bad. Villanueva hopefully should be better out of the pen. If the rehab stint on Veras can fix him they could end up being a pretty solid unit sooner or later.

Bet Rondon ends up as the closer after all is said and done.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm liking Ramirez. Solid SO ratio. Grimm has a blip but over all solid. Wright has gotten better. Strop is on more than off. He is still no a go to for me. Russell they are better avoiding as much as they can. Rosscup they need to see what he can do more in that role.

Pen is looking better just by staying away from Russell and Veras going down.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Veras is straight garbage. Hated when he was signed. Nelson Cruz would look so much better on this team then him. That money could have went to signing him. Hell, this team probably is alot closer to 500 if they had another player who can drive in runs.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Veras is straight garbage. Hated when he was signed. Nelson Cruz would look so much better on this team then him. That money could have went to signing him. Hell, this team probably is alot closer to 500 if they had another player who can drive in runs.

Maybe Veras is total shit even after rehab. I'm just saying right now the cubs relievers have a 3.62 ERA with a 8.30 k/9 4.68 bb/9. The walks need to come down though. As for Cruz probably, but whatever they weren't going to give up a 2nd round pick for him. Even if they had signed him he's probably not much of a longer term solution seeing as the only deal he got a 1 year deal. I'd like to see them do something about the OF obviously but there's probably other better options out there than Cruz. Hopefully they can string enough wins together this month to make trading for some players at the deadline worth while. Not anything huge obviously but a decent guy would be nice. Honestly, I sorta wish they'd kept Dejesus considering what they got for him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They did not need Cruz. Another RH bat to go along with Baez and Bryant?

I did not like the all in to Tanaka. They went after Hammel off the bat then made a offer to Granderson it would have made more sense.

Still right now they could fix the teams problems by making Lake full time inLF and bat him #6 for now. If he starts to take over bump him up to the clean up.

I would move Kalish toSweeney's role in CF with Boni platooning.

They would have been better off retaining Sori if they wanted a carry over this year. They didn't and sold. They are not going to add a contact thT doesn't make sense past this year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice catch by Castro. Jake the snake gets out of the inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.