SIGNED UDFA's

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Love the Christian Jones signing. I know this isn't a good comparison but what if he was this years Vontaze Burfict. that would be pretty cool.

Some draft site had him slotted as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I believe he failed a drug test at the combine. Wonder if he's got a chance to stick.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with that list is you're grouping Bostic and Shea together. Not saying it won't happen but just because they're planning on testing Bostic and Shea at SLB/ MLB doesn't change the fact that they are both much better suited for one than the other. So unless Bostic starts flashing at SLB (not likely considering it's pass rushing requirements) then it'd be best to consider him at MLB.

Doesn't chance anything really. Just means Jones will have to stick behind Mclellin and not DJ. He has a better chance there anyway. He's a lot less sideline to sideline and much more of a disruptive edge defender. SAM LB is perfect for him for many of the reasons its perfect for Shea.

Yeah, they said that Shea would get some looks at MLB and Bostic would get some looks at SLB. That doesn't mean that either guy is moving to the other position or even that they're being tested there.

Forte gets some looks in the slot. It doesn't mean that they're considering moving Forte to WR. I don't understand how this "Bostic and McClellin will compete for the SLB job" thing got started.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No CBs or Safeties signed as UDFAs tells us something about the FOs perception of need.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wanted us to draft Jones in the 6th. We still end up with him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So with UDFA players, do teams basically call up the player saying they are interested and the player then just picks what team he wants to go to? Is that why it is more likely that a player goes somewhere close to home?

Rise

Liked Posts:
So with UDFA players, do teams basically call up the player saying they are interested and the player then just picks what team he wants to go to? Is that why it is more likely that a player goes somewhere close to home?

Yes player is a free agent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newblood

Liked Posts:

Or their agent calls up the team and tells the team their client is interested in playing for them.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No CBs or Safeties signed as UDFAs tells us something about the FOs perception of need.

Defensive backs currently on the roster:

36 Sean Cattouse S/CB
47 Chris Conte S
31 Isaiah Frey CB
23 Kyle Fuller CB
24 Kelvin Hayden CB
30 Demontre Hurst CB
37 M. D. Jennings S
26 Tim Jennings CB
39 Derrick Martin S
29 Danny McCray S
27 Sherrick McManis CB
21 Ryan Mundy S
44 Derricus Purdy CB
20 Craig Steltz S
33 Charles Tillman CB
25 C. J. Wilson CB
-- Brock Vereen S

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
Not sure I want the moron. But has Colt Lyerla not signed anywhere? We still need TE's although we signed one.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Defensive backs currently on the roster:

36 Sean Cattouse S/CB
47 Chris Conte S
31 Isaiah Frey CB
23 Kyle Fuller CB
24 Kelvin Hayden CB
30 Demontre Hurst CB
37 M. D. Jennings S
26 Tim Jennings CB
39 Derrick Martin S
29 Danny McCray S
27 Sherrick McManis CB
21 Ryan Mundy S
44 Derricus Purdy CB
20 Craig Steltz S
33 Charles Tillman CB
25 C. J. Wilson CB
-- Brock Vereen S

I had forgotten all about ole Cathouse

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure I want the moron. But has Colt Lyerla not signed anywhere? We still need TE's although we signed one.

He's still unsigned. After the Sam Hurd debacle, I think cocaine is the number one off-the-field issue that the Bears are trying to avoid. They're probably the last team the will overlook a cocaine possession charge.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is it even worth it to bring Lyerla in, talk to him, see what's up? can we get him on the right track?

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
He's still unsigned. After the Sam Hurd debacle, I think cocaine is the number one off-the-field issue that the Bears are trying to avoid. They're probably the last team the will overlook a cocaine possession charge.

Agreed, and that is not all of his baggage. There's more.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
is it even worth it to bring Lyerla in, talk to him, see what's up? can we get him on the right track?

I think the reward would outweigh the risk. From what I've read, people seem to be more bothered with his comments regarding school shooting as a conspiracy than his cocaine use. I wonder if the whole conspiracy/paranoia thing is a result of cocaine withdraw? Anyways, Kyle Long could probably watch over him (like he did in college), and not getting picked in the draft would probably be a rude awakening for him. Very little risk to potential reward in my humble opinion ;)

Newblood

Liked Posts:
At some point it's less about risk reward and more about not wanting to deal with a dumbass

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, i'm torn. might be worth meeting with him just to see where his head is at, now.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
I'm a sucker for redemption stories, and I feel like this guy probably learned his lesson. He went from college star to leaving his team, being busted and thrown in jail for doing cocaine in his car in a parking lot. He made mistakes, and apparently had a rough child hood (one of the news stories mentioned this I believe). Would be cool to give him a second chance, especially with his apparent talent potential.