Official Phil Emery appreciation thread

Nick80

Probably right RTB. I'll smile in my future chats with him, with a gif!

Maybe not :)

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well JBD thinks he's a master GM, I don't think you'll win that battle Nick. If I was you I'd just move on from that, but that's me.

Straw man alert. I think Phil is mediocre and I stated that I believe I could also be mediocre in the same position. It's all there in the thread, don't make stuff up.

Phil has had some key decision points in his tenure and results are mixed st best. I guess it takes a special football mind to hire this staff and go all in on Cutler.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your GM thoughts were on full display this summer, so you can stick that straw up your ass.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
94c4lt1,botfly10,Culpfiction,DaYdAy69,dentfan,Jest er,Leon Sandcastle,MidwestMonster2,Nick80,Sid.Luckman,Slic kWilly,The Burning Bear,wickerkat

[video=youtube;zrzMhU_4m-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/video]

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Yes all hail Phail Emery for hiring Mark Trestman, re-signing Jay Cutler, drafting Shea McLellin, and the Twin Towers (Lamar Houston and Jared Allen). I will credit him for Bennett, Kyle Long, and Alshon Jeffrey. Unfortunately you need more good moves than bad to succeed.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quote where I claim any mastery or expertise. You don't have to be a gymnast to know that a face plant hurts your score.

Are you not the guy who had a 20 page thread on how to GM and how many things you would have done differently?

If not, I apologize.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you not the guy who had a 20 page thread on how to GM and how many things you would have done differently?

If not, I apologize.

Yes it's him, but that thread ended up being awesome cuz when you posted in it, Nick wrote all those poster summaries.

Called me a real bare knuckle sorta poster, and something about not wanting to be in a phone booth with me. Hopefully that comment wasn't in reference to my breath.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it's him, but that thread ended up being awesome cuz when you posted in it, Nick wrote all those poster summaries.

Called me a real bare knuckle sorta poster, and something about not wanting to be in a phone booth with me. Hopefully that comment wasn't in reference to my breath.

I have no idea how you came about here and this has ZERO to do with you and yes I now remember that end of the thread. As for there rest, I just remember the GM JBD and his GM skills.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just jogging my memory, my bad?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said, quote my wild claims.

We are fans that have NO GM experience or coaching experience for that matter, so my appologies if I found your claims of how great you'd be to be laughable. It's not personal as I would laugh at any poster that would have wrote such a thread. None of us have all the answers, the quicker we all realize this, the better our board members will get along and DISCUSS stuff.

I think walking a mile in Emery's shoes would be a sobering event for all.

Last edited:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We are fans that have NO GM experience or coaching experience for that matter, so my appologies if I found your claims of how great you'd be to be laughable. It's not personal as I would laugh at any poster that would have wrote such a thread. None of us have all the answers, the quicker we all realize this, the better our board members will get along and DISCUSS stuff.

I think walking a mile in Emery's shoes would a sobering event for all.

Fuck, if I was in Emery's shoes i would be drinking myself to sleep every night.

Couldn't agree with this post more though.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still got your back Phil.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look I dont even like RTB but to bump this thread to bitch at him is dumb. Phill gave this team talent, coaches have to use it

Reactions: 1ke

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think walking a mile in Emery's shoes would be a sobering event for all.

You keep whipping that straw man.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wants to say thanks to Phil and his staff for making moves that make sense and actually attacked last season weaknesses. I feel really good about the road the BEARS are going down right now!!

Bear Down CCS and thanks Phil!

This is too funny. It was funny then and it is funnier now. Phil hoodwinked people for real.

Nick80

12c5bea2-8a5c-4c7d-8385-e73f221ded98_800.gif

The return of JDB?!

[video=youtube;6TBid5bCS2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBid5bCS2Q[/video]