Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Having more space available "would be great for youth hockey in the city," Mr. Wirtz said. "The suburbs all are well-off, but the city really needs more ice surface" for hockey leagues and related sports, he said.

But Mr. Wirtz also made it clear that in exchange for the investment, he'd like a gentleman's agreement with Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle that they won't raise the amusement tax on Blackhawks games anytime soon.

The two governments now impose a combined 12 percent levy on tickets — 9 percent from the city and 3 percent from the county — and Mr. Wirtz has been increasingly outspoken on what he contends is a far larger tax burden than most of his competitors pay.

Read more here.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love the idea but I don't get the location. I mean other than being close to the UC...the location is ghetto. Why not out in the burbs someplace...where you could attend a practice without being armed.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I love the idea but I don't get the location. I mean other than being close to the UC...the location is ghetto. Why not out in the burbs someplace...where you could attend a practice without being armed.

It only gets bad to the west.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

That's literally the point of it.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Holy shit, just saw the map of where they are putting this - I'm thinking diehard hasn't been in that area for at least 10 years.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Yeah that area is pretty nice lately, diehard. If you drive west down Madison St. from the Loop to the UC, there are a ton of great bars/restaurants/shops on the way in. The stereotypes about the UC being in a shitty neighborhood are largely misplaced.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah that area is pretty nice lately, diehard. If you drive west down Madison St. from the Loop to the UC, there are a ton of great bars/restaurants/shops on the way in. The stereotypes about the UC being in a shitty neighborhood are largely misplaced.

Go four blocks west, it's a different world. The area where that's being built - gentrified.

ALTHOUGH, people grossly underestimate the black fandom on the Hawks. Teaching in the inner city the last 5 years I can say without question there are a ton of people in those areas that LOVE the Hawks.

Also, as told to me by the kids I teach:
White people are not messed with.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A nice rink in MTG Park is just sitting there now. (re-opens after Turkey Day I think)

Damn shame because it could make a nice roller hockey league in the spring/summer.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
A nice rink in MTG Park is just sitting there now. (re-opens after Turkey Day I think)

Damn shame because it could make a nice roller hockey league in the spring/summer.

Where is MTG Park?

I'm currently driving from NW Indiana to Homer Glen for a nice roller hockey league because there isn't shit available anywhere else.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
111th about three blocks east of Pukaski/Crawford

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit, just saw the map of where they are putting this - I'm thinking diehard hasn't been in that area for at least 10 years.

That's a pretty good guess....maybe more than 10. I might be jumping the gun a bit. Took my wife to a show downtown last November and headed over to eat a Pequods on Clybourn. Drove past and through where Cabrini Green used to be....I was shocked. It's almost all shopping in that area now. I mean they turned a lot of that area in Yuppy City. So maybe my assessment is a bit out dated. I've only been to the UC at night....hard to get a read but the area did appear to be upgraded a bit.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That's a pretty good guess....maybe more than 10. I might be jumping the gun a bit. Took my wife to a show downtown last November and headed over to eat a Pequods on Clybourn. Drove past and through where Cabrini Green used to be....I was shocked. It's almost all shopping in that area now. I mean they turned a lot
of that area in Yuppy City. So maybe my assessment is a bit out dated. I've only been to the UC at night....hard to get a read but the area did appear to be upgraded a bit.
Like I said earlier, go a couple blocks west and you get to where people refer to it as 'Chiraq'. Where they are planning to build, not an issue at all. Besides, you'd have to assume, given the people who might be going there, Rahm would beef up the police presence.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That's a pretty good guess....maybe more than 10. I might be jumping the gun a bit. Took my wife to a show downtown last November and headed over to eat a Pequods on Clybourn. Drove past and through where Cabrini Green used to be....I was shocked. It's almost all shopping in that area now. I mean they turned a lot of that area in Yuppy City. So maybe my assessment is a bit out dated. I've only been to the UC at night....hard to get a read but the area did appear to be upgraded a bit.

If you go far enough west you end up in Austin which has its share of areas that were hardest hit by the economic recession.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars