Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
“It’s almost impossible to win with entirely young team. We will need guys like Scott Rolen was around our guys to teach how to win."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice strawman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not making a strawman, just saying even the architect of the Chicago Cubs has to believe in some sort of FA signing.

So all of the people that make lineups full of prospects are wasting their time and frankly are going against the idea of realistically building a MLB team.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Not making a strawman, just saying even the architect of the Chicago Cubs has to believe in some sort of FA signing.

So all of the people that make lineups full of prospects are wasting their time and frankly are going against the idea of realistically building a MLB team.

I agree with you there but generally I do not see that.

Given, I don't typically talk with fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Given, I don't typically talk with fans.

snob.png

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Robbie Cano would've solved everything.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
Robbie Cano would've solved everything.

step in the right direction at least. why not make a run at cano? or fielder? or a real run for tanaka? we were paying soriano's salary, why not keep him around? i've been following baseball my whole life, and the state of the cubs is complete shambles. i can't believe that theo would have knowingly signed up for this crap sandwich.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
don't worry nwfisch. the cries of the sheeple are finally starting to be drowned out by realists. the two worst years in the history of the franchise, and on-pace to have their worst season ever has a way of doing that.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
step in the right direction at least. why not make a run at cano? or fielder? or a real run for tanaka? we were paying soriano's salary, why not keep him around? i've been following baseball my whole life, and the state of the cubs is complete shambles. i can't believe that theo would have knowingly signed up for this crap sandwich.

I was all for making a run @ Fielder...who coincidentally was recently shelf'd for the season. Cano's contract is absurd...the type of contract you enjoy for 2-3 years and regret for the rest of the contract...Tanaka, meh...I wanted him...I don't think he's as good as his start has been, but I do think he's very good. The Yankees made sure they were going to get him, and he was pretty sure he wanted to go to the Yankees...can't do much about that...

The Soriano thing seems like a favor to him to give him the opportunity to win. What a bastard FO.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
Cano's contract is absurd...the type of contract you enjoy for 2-3 years and regret for the rest of the contract.

is it really that absurd for a guy that's got a 300+ career average and averages roughly 25 hr and 100 rbi a year? or is an above average fielder. so what if he's 40 when it runs out. people act like 20 million today counts the same as 20 million 10 years from now. and that's just factoring in monetary inflation, not additional revenues from new television contracts.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

How will it be a lineup full of prospects ?

I think you forget that castro, rizzo. and castillo are no longer considered prospects. .
Castro in 2015 will be in season 6 and rizzo snd castillo season 3.
Baez and Bryant are almost definate to be in 2015 Lineup.
If those 5 hold together, your only looking at 3 other positions to fill with either someone who breaks out of the system, a current player on team, trade, or FA.
So , your only looking at 2 realistic prospects next yr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
is it really that absurd for a guy that's got a 300+ career average and averages roughly 25 hr and 100 rbi a year? or is an above average fielder. so what if he's 40 when it runs out. people act like 20 million today counts the same as 20 million 10 years from now. and that's just factoring in monetary inflation, not additional revenues from new television contracts.

It so much more rewarding being able to showcase a player like Barney than Cano and dump him whenever we want to. Trouble is, they haven't yet.

But, keep your head up because when they do dump off this trash heap called a team, the high profiled FA's will be lining up to get on this band wagon because it has been documented by Theo as saying so. Again, trouble is, they haven't yet.

I can't wait for the next free agent not named Edwin Jackson to sign a lengthy deal.

**CRAMPS**

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Straw man away.

sent from Jimmer range using Tapatalk

Who is strawmanning?

This is a quote from a Jed Hoyer interview. Pay attention Junior.