Not open for further replies.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So does 9/10 of the league. Have to draft that (if you want both size and speed).

^
This. Free agency is a very low percentage way to build a team in the NHL. Most times, it doesn't work out well. Ask Shero, ask Pittsburgh.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
^
This. Free agency is a very low percentage way to build a team in the NHL. Most times, it doesn't work out well. Ask Shero, ask Pittsburgh.

You can get one or the other through free agency (speed or size).

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'll tell you what went wrong. The Hawks broke every fundamental rule in the book. They got soft, shied away from hitting and physical play, shied away from blocking shots, played poorly in their own zone, and lacked the kind of teamwork it takes to hoist a trophy. They need to find that eye of the tiger and bring the wood next year, or it'll be more of the same. Replace some of the scrubs on this team with scrubs who have a clue how to play defense.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll tell you what went wrong. The Hawks broke every fundamental rule in the book. They got soft, shied away from hitting and physical play, shied away from blocking shots, played poorly in their own zone, and lacked the kind of teamwork it takes to hoist a trophy. They need to find that eye of the tiger and bring the wood next year, or it'll be more of the same. Replace some of the scrubs on this team with scrubs who have a clue how to play defense.

So what you're saying is..... we need Michael Frolik back :)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Did we trade Kane for a goalie yet?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:umud:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or trade Toews for Kessler...

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Yet, LA still needed some luck to win the series.

Some say football is a game of inches, in the Hawks case about 2.

Take that 2 inches away from LA, and this thread would not exist.

If the Hawks really made this many errors, then so did the Kings.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

and despite all that we only needed one goal, or one more save to most likely win another Stanley Cup. We are that good.

We need to retool, unload some aging dinosaurs, get some size and toughness that actually has skill in the place of a couple, and hope Crawford is the guy. Sets up a battle for dynasty status next year in the west.....

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

please refrain from discussing hockey if you do not watch the games. ok? thanks!

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the best part of his post is the "teamwork" and even better "eye of the tiger" such a dumb ass uneducated post.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Some of your premise is correct, but I don't think the way you reached those conclusions are correct. Team defense wasn't as good as it needed to be this season.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of your premise is correct, but I don't think the way you reached those conclusions are correct. Team defense wasn't as good as it needed to be this season.

teamwork was fine. "eye of the tiger" is just non sense and sounds really sillly and makes me question if he actually follows hockey. just look at his posts even in the nba forum, he is off his rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.