Around The NHL

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems probable Vesey chose wrong as he is playing 4th line. And -13. Here he would have had either Toews or Hossa I believe, to carry his learning curve.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He just goes through the natural college rookie slump. It hit Schmaltz and Motte hard this year too and going to the AHL was what they both needed.

If Hayden is over next tear he may hit that realm. College hockey still is a lesser playing situation where it's mainly a weekend playing season not nearly as many games. It's a adjustment more so than the CHL or Europe leagues to the NHL daily grind

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He just goes through the natural college rookie slump. It hit Schmaltz and Motte hard this year too and going to the AHL was what they both needed.

If Hayden is over next tear he may hit that realm. College hockey still is a lesser playing situation where it's mainly a weekend playing season not nearly as many games. It's a adjustment more so than the CHL or Europe leagues to the NHL daily grind

Schmaltz looks night and day different to me right now... I am sure it helps that Toews looks like the dominant player of old, but Schmaltz is moving around with alot of speed and both he and Toews and even Panik have been picking the puck up well and keeping possession in the O zone much better than I can recall this year.

Toews is the main threat on that line when he is hot, Schmaltz adds speed/hands.... Panik adds some physicality like Hossa would have in years past.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It seems probable Vesey chose wrong as he is playing 4th line. And -13. Here he would have had either Toews or Hossa I believe, to carry his learning curve.

Vesey is playing with Stepan/Nash right now and has been for quite a few games now. Sure, he has bounced around at times this year but the Rangers may be the deepest team in the league when it comes to their forwards. The fact that their "third line" consists of Grabner/Hayes/Miller is ridiculous. If the Rangers can get some defense at the deadline and Lundqvist continues to play like he has as of late, they could be deadly.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bigfoots gonna play in the ahl this weekend

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Schmaltz looks night and day different to me right now... I am sure it helps that Toews looks like the dominant player of old, but Schmaltz is moving around with alot of speed and both he and Toews and even Panik have been picking the puck up well and keeping possession in the O zone much better than I can recall this year.

Toews is the main threat on that line when he is hot, Schmaltz adds speed/hands.... Panik adds some physicality like Hossa would have in years past.

Funny you mention that, there's a story about Schmaltz in today's Sun-Times saying very similar things.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A couple of really good games on at 4pm today before the Blackhawks game if anyone wants to watch some more hockey.

Columbus vs New York Rangers and Edmonton vs Nashville. Forsberg has 7 goals in his past 3 games and Columbus returned from their bye week with a 7-0 win yesterday.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Minny fucked up in their desperation.

I like the players they got, Hanzal and White...but I'm not sure they help them against the only opponent they should worry about, Chicago. You could argue that both slow the game down...hanzal to age and White to lumbering size. That is going to open them to scoring chances against the Hawks. The best thing they had was chemistry and a tight lockerroom...I don't know why they disrupted that, similar to Hawks last year.

Bowman hit the right button this year with Jurco and letting the youth come. Because the bottom 6 needed a little competition to juice the homestretch...but it will be good for us and Jurco doesn't box anybody currently on the team out like Ladd or Flescsh.....he gives good competition instead.

I look forward to the bottom 6 battle the rest of the way, and think

Washington vs Chicago Stanley Cup Finals is where we are all headed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Schmaltz really impresses me and has helped elevate this team. He really has great skill. Panik also is playing really well.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else here get a chubby watching that Panik goal?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Schmaltz really impresses me and has helped elevate this team. He really has great skill. Panik also is playing really well.

Schmaltz looks like a totally different player than he did at the start of the year... playing fast and confident.... his edge combined with Toews returning to form has turned that 1st line into a legit threat.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's finally true...

[video=youtube;MF2td8L45TE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2td8L45TE[/video]

Detroit officially ended their playoff streak... plus this video version had some hilariously odd mindtwists back to the ole bronze days of Chelly, Probert, Amonte, and Hackett.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's finally true...

[video=youtube;MF2td8L45TE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2td8L45TE[/video]

Detroit officially ended their playoff streak... plus this video version had some hilariously odd mindtwists back to the ole bronze days of Chelly, Probert, Amonte, and Hackett.

DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! I'll laugh at the zamboni if I want to damn it...

But yeah, was so happy to see the streak die.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Good... it was always an annoying distraction with the risk of injury and extra fatigue... I am pretty sure it helped burn out alot of our players when piled on to consecutive seasons of long playoff runs and/or Stanley Cup wins.

Canada will win the Gold anyways, at least now I don't have to watch Kaner waste his time.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Good... it was always an annoying distraction with the risk of injury and extra fatigue... I am pretty sure it helped burn out alot of our players when piled on to consecutive seasons of long playoff runs and/or Stanley Cup wins.

Canada will win the Gold anyways, at least now I don't have to watch Kaner waste his time.

I get that aspect of it, but I think it also is disappointing that the best hockey players in the world will not be participating in the Olympics. You know most of these guys want to play in them, and fans of the game want to see them as well.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The real question is if Ovi makes good on going anyway, if the WSH owner is complicit, and if other players do the same regardless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get that aspect of it, but I think it also is disappointing that the best hockey players in the world will not be participating in the Olympics. You know most of these guys want to play in them, and fans of the game want to see them as well.

I prefer to see them at their best in the NHL rather than seeing them split up by nationality playing for national pride.

I get it is a cool experience for them and they want to do it, but I am selfish and prefer seeing them in the NHL at their best.

I can live with it if they play in the Olympics, I am more happy if they skip the Olympics.