Around The NHL

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm seeing it said Voynov is being deported due to case. I guess he's gone from the NHL, for at least that 3 year probation period?

Bad news for the Kings but It's a bit of a spin as they somehow in a weird case are getting lucky with being able to terminate Mike Richards contract and not have to buyout it due to him apparently being a drug fiend or something unknown currently. The combo dangers of winning and being in LA. Now this contract could be reasonably vioded as well giving the Kings more cap space, but that's a bit shameful for them to have that now.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't make a stronger case to keep Sekera.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They won't even deport illegal aliens with felony rap sheets. No way Voynov gets deported.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lou Lam resigns from Devils and becomes GM of the Laffs per TSN

Ton

Liked Posts:
Lou Lam resigns from Devils and becomes GM of the Laffs per TSN

Crazy... How hilarious would it be if the Laffs still failed with Shanahan, Lou Lameriello, and Mike Babcock running the show? HA

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
And you would be surprised if it doesn't? They just don't have that roster they need to get out of the basement for a couple seasons.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

So much for that more offensively aggressive system that Saad was talking about in comparison to the team. It really shouldn't adjust his play so much but how it affects the style of RoJo and a couple others could be interesting.

But this is the NHL, people make jokes about the NFL being the old boys network. But in the NHL it's far more significant, and coaches get new jobs into 4-5 hires at times.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much for that more offensively aggressive system that Saad was talking about in comparison to the team. It really shouldn't adjust his play so much but how it affects the style of RoJo and a couple others could be interesting.

But this is the NHL, people make jokes about the NFL being the old boys network. But in the NHL it's far more significant, and coaches get new jobs into 4-5 hires at times.

True.
You can fail at so many levels in the NHL, and Torts will be somewhere else in 2020 fucking that team up too.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#CBJ acquires Seth Jones from the @PredsNHL in exchange for Ryan Johansen.

That's surprising too me, but I don't follow either team.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah, consider me thrilled to death that Seth Jones is out of the Hawks division. I know Johansen projects as a 1C, but I have no idea why the Preds parted with Jones. A legit star in the making.

He's been a good offensive #1C already and was until he was trade bait the minute Torts was hired.

As soon as that hire was made it was clear they wouldn't fit as a pair well. RoJo should be fine with that strong D team and with Lav as his coach. This does put more offensive and top pressure on a guy like Saad the way CBJ is currently set up. He really is their top offensive option now besides their captain Folingo. Though lately Saad's been more of a 3rd line winger and playing good with the exact same spot Dano excelled at last year besides Winneberg & Hartnell.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Yeah, consider me thrilled to death that Seth Jones is out of the Hawks division. I know Johansen projects as a 1C, but I have no idea why the Preds parted with Jones. A legit star in the making.

I actually like this deal a lot for the Preds. They improve their offense a whole lot down the middle and they still have a very solid defense with Jones gone. Johansen already is a 1C, this just hasn't been a good year for him with the CBJ.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Mike Richards back in the NHL with Washington should be something to pay attention to. No idea how that plays out but I don't think there will be much impact.

Also - Kings/Flyers pulled off a pretty big deal money wise today. Don't like the deal one bit for the Kings...they take on a lot of money for this year (nothing past and Flyers retain 50%) and I just don't see how it improves their team that much at all unless one of Lecavalier/Schenn somehow catches lightning in a bottle down the stretch.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
#CBJ acquires Seth Jones from the @PredsNHL in exchange for Ryan Johansen.

That's surprising too me, but I don't follow either team.
The interesting thing about this trade from my perspective is that it's Winterhawk for Winterhawk--both guys played for the same Jr. team at the same time.

Still, think this might be beneficial to both teams in the long run.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He's been a good offensive #1C already and was until he was trade bait the minute Torts was hired.

As soon as that hire was made it was clear they wouldn't fit as a pair well. RoJo should be fine with that strong D team and with Lav as his coach. This does put more offensive and top pressure on a guy like Saad the way CBJ is currently set up. He really is their top offensive option now besides their captain Folingo. Though lately Saad's been more of a 3rd line winger and playing good with the exact same spot Dano excelled at last year besides Winneberg & Hartnell.

Don't get me wrong, I think RoJo is going to be a very, very good NHL player. But I think Seth Jones is going to be an absolute star in this league in the not-too-distant future. I know which one I'd rather have.