Around The NHL

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't they get Al Macinnis to come out and "accidentally" shoot the puck at Pierre between the glass?

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Oh my, that would be amazing. MacInnis' slapper would probably take his head clean off. A guy can dream, eh?

Last edited:

Variable

Liked Posts:
Absolutely horrible fucking cross check by Byfuglien the other night.

[video]http://streamable.com/rzly[/video]

No need for that shit whatsoever. Buff is extreeeemly lucky, extremely fucking lucky that the goalie's skate wasn't closer to Miller's head. The crosscheck to the back of the neck driving a guy's head into the ice is incredibly dangerous enough, but if that skate was a few inches closer who the fuck knows what we're talking about today. He's lucky he didn't paralyze him or worse.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did the ref make a call on that? Who was the player that now has a sore neck?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:

No need for that shit whatsoever. Buff is extreeeemly lucky, extremely fucking lucky that the goalie's skate wasn't closer to Miller's head. The crosscheck to the back of the neck driving a guy's head into the ice is incredibly dangerous enough, but if that skate was a few inches closer who the fuck knows what we're talking about today. He's lucky he didn't paralyze him or worse.

Come on, Buff. You're better than that. :facepalm:

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Came here to see if someone posted about this. Brutal cross-check and he deserves to be suspended for it.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Byfuglien is only going to get 5 games max as he has a phone hearing.

It's a joke. He should be gone for a really long time. That could have ended disastrously. Worse than Bertuzzi on Moore... just a better outcome, thankfully. NHL won't learn until they have someone laying on the ice paralyzed from the neck down, or dead.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a joke. He should be gone for a really long time. That could have ended disastrously. Worse than Bertuzzi on Moore... just a better outcome, thankfully. NHL won't learn until they have someone laying on the ice paralyzed from the neck down, or dead.

True, but that's merely reflective of the reactive society in which we live.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Buff and wish he was still here. He is so big and powerful, he carries an air of invincibility, almost arrogance in his style of play. He crossed the line here though, sometimes a player can get caught up in the moment and lose themselves in the heat of the battle. But he deserves what ever the league gives him, which could be too much or not enough, most would agree they are never very just in what they decide on.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:

For whatever reason this part didn't register with me when I initially read your post. After going back and looking at the video several more times... that could've been very, very ugly. That skate blade is inches from his face.

"Extremely lucky" is right.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Buff and wish he was still here. He is so big and powerful, he carries an air of invincibility, almost arrogance in his style of play. He crossed the line here though, sometimes a player can get caught up in the moment and lose themselves in the heat of the battle. But he deserves what ever the league gives him, which could be too much or not enough, most would agree they are never very just in what they decide on.

What do you mean by "very just"? Like, consistency?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Gary Suter only got 4 games for the cross check to Kariya back in 98. My guess is Buff gets 4-5 games. Should be more, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a brawl next time in Winnipeg because of the slap on the wrist.

Variable

Liked Posts:

Never really understood the infatuation with Buff. He'd either be a d-man that struggles to play D or an overpaid forward here. Both of which the Hawks dont need any more of.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Buff got a 4 game suspension. Weak. Should of got the rest of the regular season. That will make others think about taking themselves out of helping the team make the playoffs.

Variable

Liked Posts:
It's going to take another Bertuzzi-Moore incident for them to change. I'm convinced of that. They're going to need someone paralyzed or killed on the ice. That's just what it's going to take at this point.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If the league is so "anti-let the players police themselves" they need to do one of two things. Either 1) make these suspensions for obvious blatant acts of violence harsher and more consider, or 2) Get rid of their stance and remove the instigator because you can't be sitting in the middle here. Either accept that this type of shit is bad for the game and unacceptable and needs to be heavily punished or let the players figure it out because right now, players aren't feeling like the punishment is fitting the crime, which results in Buff more than likely getting challenged to fight next time the Jets play the Rangers.

Variable

Liked Posts:
When there was no instigator the game was more violent (in terms of horrible hits and getting "revenge") than ever. That would be going backwards.