Who is worth keeping?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is clear that this team is going through a re birth in a couple of years.

I keep trying to figure out who on this MLB roster or guys who have been called up recently are worth keeping?

What pieces will they be able to keep?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rondon, Ramirez. Rest of the pen is replaceable.

SP: Arrieta He is going into Arb1 next year. Wood depends on how he does this year over all. If he is a league #4 then he needs to be paid as one.

IF: Rizzo Castro should stick around but I doubt he stays for his whole contract.

Castillo depends on Schwarber. If Schwarber becomes a solid catcher than you go with him there. Castillo is ok. Calls good games but not a stable hitter.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
None of them. Trade them all.

Liked Posts:
Will they be able to keep? Is this asked with the idea being that they're too cheap?

Ouch

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Castro/Rizzo/Shark/Wood and maybe a few others..

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro, Anthony Rizzo, Jeff Samardzija, Travis Wood, Junior Lake, Hector Rondon, Neil Ramirez.

People might not like this but Darwin Barney is another one. He will come cheap. Because of that, they can spend more money at other positions (I know the Cubs won't spend but still.)

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Trade Shark, Hammel, Bonifacio, Schierholtz as of right now. Move forward with the rest. I'd prefer to keep Shark but don't see it happening and this July is when he will have max value

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro, Anthony Rizzo, Jeff Samardzija, Travis Wood, Junior Lake, Hector Rondon, Neil Ramirez.

People might not like this but Darwin Barney is another one. He will come cheap. Because of that, they can spend more money at other positions (I know the Cubs won't spend but still.)

2.3 million is cheap for a 0.1 win player?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Depends on what you mean by worth keeping. Rizzo is an obvious keeper. As much as I point out Castro's flaws, he's a keep until you have something better. Castillo is more an average level player IMO but worth keep. The rest of the guys are likely bench players or worse. Maybe Lake is more than that. I think there's a vast difference between what he is and what he could be and we don't know how close to his peak he will get.

Pitching wise most if not all of them are ok to keep in some capacity. Russell, Villanueva and some of the older guys likely will be gone but the bullpen and pitching in general have been good enough to be on a winning team. They wont keep everyone but if we're talking who's good enough to keep, most of them are.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

Players will bad stats often come cheap.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
darwin barneys gum

Sent from Whitesox901s Vagina
using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not necessarily inclusive to the ones worth keeping, but also those left over from the ones who will be traded---

Pitchers - Wood, Wright, Rondon, Arrieta, Ramirez
Position - Rizzo, Castro, Castillo, Lake, Valbuena