Recommend me some games

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
I'm bored as shit of playing .madden so I need some suggestions.

I recently finished the dead space trilogy and have been playing an evil character on fallout 3.

Been thinking about getting a final fantasy game, but I haven't played any since FFX.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What games would you compare them to?

I've heard the story part of Mass Effect, the way you interact in convo, compared to the Star Wars KOTOR stuff....

Mass Effect is 3rd person shooter like a Gears of War style shooter, but there is a lot of the game that is story and the things you say and decisions you make effect how the story plays out. If you play it, don't always be the moderate talker lol.... if you play it you will know what I mean.

If you liked Dead Space you would probably like the Bioshock Series..... I finished Bioshock Infinite a month ago, thats the newest one and it was really good. The first 2 Bioshock games are a bit darker though also fun.

If you like scary shooters I have to recommend F.E.AR. .... those games were a ton of fun IMO.... put a headset on, turn your lights out, and prepare to get freaked out every 5 seconds lol.

I can recommend other stuff from other genres.... do you like RTS/Turnbased strategy stuff at all?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What games would you compare them to?
They're a 3rd person shooter/RPG type of game. I would compare them sort of to a mix of KOTOR and Fallout. Not sure if that's the best comparison, but my knowledge is perhaps a little more limited than most when it comes to these types of games.

Personally, I like the story aspect of the game the best so if you're into games with plot development, you'll probably like this series. There's also a lot of choices that affect the game later on which is cool because then you can go back and do things different if you go through it again. You can also carry your character over into the next game if you want.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since it's been mentioned by someone other than me, you might wanna try KOTOR as well if you're into RPGs...and if you like Star Wars.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fallout: New Vegas if you liked Fallout 3. I feel like NV improved on everything that Fallout 3 did. You can actually use weapons like weapons instead of having to rely on VATS. One of my favorite games ever.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Be a man and play the original X-Com which is one of the best games ever made.

Or play the new X-Com (but it's way, way easier and less deep)

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
If you like Fallout you might want to give Skyrim a try. It's by the same game company only difference it's set in a middle earth type of setting like Lord Of The Rings.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
mass effect series all fucking day. its amazing.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

KINGOFOOTBALL

Liked Posts:
If you never played it..PORTAL.

Youll never look at walls or cake the same way again.