Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Derrick Rose doesn't plan to recruit Carmelo Anthony to Bulls
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/derrick-rose-doesn-t-plan-to-recruit-carmelo-anthony-to-bulls-021144469.html

RICHMOND, Calif. – The Chicago Bulls are expected to pursue Carmelo Anthony in free agency. They just shouldn't expect Derrick Rose to participate in the recruiting.

Rose told Yahoo Sports on Sunday that he doesn't plan to recruit Anthony – or any free agent, for that matter – even though he likes Anthony's game and thinks they can play alongside each other.

Rose's reason is simple: He said it's "not his job."

"My thing is if they want to come, they can come," Rose said.

Anthony averaged 27.4 points for the New York Knicks last season. Rose averaged 21.8 points and 7.9 assists during the 2011-12 season – the last before he injured his left knee in the 2012 playoffs. Rose respects Anthony's game and believes they can co-exist.

"I love Melo's game," Rose said. "He's a great player. Takes the game serious. He's consistent. He shoots the ball great. I love his heart.

"I can play with anybody, no matter who it is. I believe I can play with anyone if they step on the court with me."

As for when Rose will resume playing, he told Yahoo Sports he expects to be ready for the 2014-15 NBA season-opener, but has yet to decide if he will try out for USA Basketball's World Cup team this summer.

Rose has played in only 10 total games the past two seasons and 50 the past three because of various injuries, including two major knee surgeries. He said he has been taking part in five-on-five scrimmages for a while and his rehabilitation is going well. But Rose also said he is uncertain if he will participate in USA Basketball's training camp starting July 28 in Las Vegas.

"I still don't know yet," Rose told Yahoo Sports at the Drew Gooden Foundation Basketball Camp on Sunday. "If I'm feeling right and the time is
, for sure I will go out there. My body is responding good, but you never know.

"Right now, I haven't really thought about that. I am just worrying about just trying to get back every day and I'm really taking rehab one day at a time instead of trying to think about competing."

The United States will begin playing in the World Cup in Spain on Aug. 30 and the gold medal game is Sept. 14. If Rose doesn't play, USA Basketball's 2014-16 28-man roster pool is still loaded with point guards that include Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry. Westbrook, Lillard, Irving and Curry are expected to try out for the World Cup team.

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo is expected to begin reaching out to players in early July. USA Basketball will also have a training camp in Rose's native Chicago from Aug. 14-15 and play Brazil in an exhibition game on Aug. 16 at the United Center. Rose last played in a game for the Bulls on Nov. 22 and last played in the United Center in Chicago on Nov. 18.

Rose said it would be fun to play for the U.S. in Chicago, but he's more focused on his rehabilitation. He said his national team decision will be made between himself and his agent, B.J. Armstrong.

"If we both agree on it, we're good. If not, there is nothing wrong with saying no," Rose said.

Rose has been playing five-on-five for about 45 days and Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau recently said Rose was increasing the intensity of his workouts. Rose is certain he will be in uniform for the Bulls' opener.

"For sure. That's not a concern," Rose said. "I'm on a mission. I'm just trying to get better. I'm taking it day by day. I'm getting the best out of every day."

Asked to grade the strength of his knee, Rose said, "I want it to be a surprise. I want people to see me. It's going to be a surprise."

Rose flew to the Bay Area for one day to make a surprise appearance at the camp hosted by Gooden, his former Bulls teammate. He spent about 10 minutes talking to and taking questions from the kids in attendance. He next spent another 20 minutes patiently signing autographs and taking pictures with kids and adults in attendance at the Booker T. Anderson Community Center.

Before Rose departed, the kids began chanting, "MVP! MVP!" Rose hopes to be playing at that level next season.

"I think I was ready a long time ago," Rose said. "Right now is about just getting all the wrinkles out. I've been playing for a long time, even though nobody has [seen it]. I want to just step on the court and I want people to see that I'm the same."​

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Good. At least someone is smart enough to not be willing to get jerked around.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Nothing to defend...He is correct, it's not his job. Players should want to play in Chicago. Rose wants to play with guys that want to come and play with him and for this city. What else is he going to say that he didn't say in that interview? He said he would like to play with Melo and he likes the way he plays. Rose isn't going to blow up and turn down the opportunity to play with him obviously. Chicago front office obviously wants him to come to Chicago and Noah has apparently already reached out to him so what else do you want Rose to say to him?

Rose isn't going to sway Melo's decision in any way.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't think it matters much anymore. I don't think Melo and others see it as Rose's team. I think management along with injuries nullifies Rose's stance. Notice the word usage. Paxson talks of building "with" Rose as opposed to building "around" Rose. And if he doesn't return to form...it might be building "in spite" of Rose (his contract mostly will be the reason for that).

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
This is such a non-story.

The same people that got upset with Derrick because of Reggie reportedly pushing GarPax (Reggie's famous rant) to add Melo a couple years ago are the same people upset with Derrick for saying the politically correct thing in this interview. Never mind the fact that it was just reported a week ago that Derrick & his team have been privately talking to Melo & his team.

I swear Derrick can't win with some people. They criticize him for everything he says.

And LOL at this no longer being D-Rose's team. Melo, love, & every other NBA player realize that they will be coming to Rose's team. Of course, that will change once we add another superstar. At that point, it will be their team. It will be similar to what happened in Miami.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is such a non-story.

The same people that got upset with Derrick because of Reggie reportedly pushing GarPax (Reggie's famous rant) to add Melo a couple years ago are the same people upset with Derrick for saying the politically correct thing in this interview. Never mind the fact that it was just reported a week ago that Derrick & his team have been privately talking to Melo & his team.

I swear Derrick can't win with some people. They criticize him for everything he says.

And LOL at this no longer being D-Rose's team. Melo, love, & every other NBA player realize that they will be coming to Rose's team. Of course, that will change once we add another superstar. At that point, it will be their team. It will be similar to what happened in Miami.

Right now, it's Noah's team. Rose has played 50 games in the last 3 seasons. Gotta be on the court for it to be your team. Rose can re-gain that title, but he's got to go get it.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Let Noah do the recruiting. Rose is right. Players have to want to come here.

Liked Posts:
If Rose is so attentive to what's his job and what isn't, then he should also know better than to lobby for Love over Anthony behind the scenes. Amirite.

Let Noah do the recruiting. It's Noah's team anyway. You can't lead from the back.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If Rose is so attentive to what's his job and what isn't, then he should also know better than to lobby for Love over Anthony behind the scenes. Amirite.

Let Noah do the recruiting. It's Noah's team anyway. You can't lead from the back.

Until I see a direct quote that Rose wants Love over Melo I am not buying anything. That was just typical media BS trying to start something out of nothing because Rose and Love are workout buddies. Don't believe everything you read.

It's still Rose's team until he shows that he is no longer the superstar player on the court. This team can only go as far as Rose takes it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is Rose going to say? "Come to Chicago, I will cheer you on from the bench in street clothes".

Liked Posts:
Until I see a direct quote that Rose wants Love over Melo I am not buying anything. That was just typical media BS trying to start something out of nothing because Rose and Love are workout buddies. Don't believe everything you read.

It's still Rose's team until he shows that he is no longer the superstar player on the court. This team can only go as far as Rose takes it.

It's not Roses team. And too much has happened since he refused to play after being medically cleared.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid. Love to see him balking at playing on his knee already too.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose stated that he doesn't recruit. He stated that he isn't recruiting now. Case closed. I don't know any other franchise player who isn't recruiting across the NBA. Kobe is lobbying all over twitter, Lebron recruits (hell, he practically made the draft pick for Miami), Melo has. I think Melo sees Chicago as his for the taking. He could go over big here. Trust me, he isn't coming here to be Scottie Pippen...he is coming here to be the number 1 guy. Noah will run that locker room and Melo would be the number 1 guy on the court. I think Rose would be a great 2nd option to Melo. Nothing wrong with that. Then again, in Wade's eyes (my personal belief here), Lebron was going to be Pippen to his Jordan. Didn't work out that way.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am done with Rose till he actually plays some games.

Right now he is a super nice car that never leaves the garage, and I am board of just watching him sit there.

Say what you will about a guy like Cutler, but at least the guy will fight back into the field.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'll stand behind what KC Johnson reported.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80650658/

But this stance doesn't mean Rose wouldn't love adding high-profile talent. In fact, sources close to Rose said Carmelo Anthony's camp is aware that Rose would welcome the addition of the elite scorer.

The same sources said a recent report that Rose preferred Kevin Love over Anthony is "fiction." Rose is in support of any improvements.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Way to make playing with your no-knee having ass seem appealing, Derrick.

I can understand that the dude has a chip on his shoulder...but all this posturing isn't getting him or this team closer to a title. He knows he can't do it himself, but isn't willing to admit that. I admire that to a degree...but appearing indifferent on whether an elite scorer would come join you? Gimme a break. If I were Derrick, I'd be thrilled that he wouldn't have to see 3 shirts of the opposite color in the lane every time he drives...

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:

That preference for Love is completely false. Nick Friedell said Rose would accept any help that he could.