How much do you normally spend on groceries?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per month? I probably spend around 250-300, then eat out occasionally. I've been trying to eat healthier as of late, and damn, I can't believe how much certain things cost. I bought a bag of cherries the other day to have for like a snack instead of chips, and them shitz were like 11 bucks.

I got a bag of oranges also, they are from California, and I live in Florida, makes sense.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too much..... trying so hard to not spend so much on food..... but its still too much.... 300-400$ right now.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
By budgeting with all the might that I have in my body, I've been able to do like $100 or less a week for a family of 3.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too much..... trying so hard to not spend so much on food..... but its still too much.... 300-400$ right now.

Yeah.....no shit.....seems like everything costs so damn much......why da fuck is milk 4.50 a gallon.....is there a shortage of cows in this motherfucker?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
By budgeting with all the might that I have in my body, I've been able to do like $100 or less a week for a family of 3.

That's not bad, Monkster, considering its for three people. I live alone, but my girlfriend is normally over like half the week eating all my stuff though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not bad, Monkster, considering its for three people. I live alone, but my girlfriend is normally over like half the week eating all my stuff though.

No one wants to hear about your swallowing gf in the food section bruh

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coupons, and mostly fresh meat and vegetables. Not a lot of the super processed stuff. We drink water, tea or coffee to keep from buying soda's constantly. We do have a garden but haven't gotten a ton of produce out of it, it has helped. I hate buying fruit because 1. it's expensive and 2. it almost always goes bad before I eat it. I bought a $6 little thing of raspberries to put in my morning shakes and they were molded in like 2 days.

We do envelope budgeting. I was completely against it for a long time cause it just seemed like to much of a hassle. But when you have cash and you know that's what you have to spend, you start really thinking "do I really need this giant bag of cookies?"

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
4. The more I'm thinking about it, probably more in the range of 800-1k.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
About $35/week for myself.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coupons, and mostly fresh meat and vegetables. Not a lot of the super processed stuff. We drink water, tea or coffee to keep from buying soda's constantly. We do have a garden but haven't gotten a ton of produce out of it, it has helped. I hate buying fruit because 1. it's expensive and 2. it almost always goes bad before I eat it. I bought a $6 little thing of raspberries to put in my morning shakes and they were molded in like 2 days.

We do envelope budgeting. I was completely against it for a long time cause it just seemed like to much of a hassle. But when you have cash and you know that's what you have to spend, you start really thinking "do I really need this giant bag of cookies?"

I've never done coupons, but the rest of your habits seem similar to mine. Do you just shop at one store, or do you get certain stuff here, certain stuff, there?

I kinda bounce around, certain stores are good for produce, others are good for meats, so I do it like that.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

Damn. Are you including eating out in that amount, or just stuff you buy from the grocery store?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
$150 a month for two people. I eat out only once a week. Some of that doesn't count the garden, and I would need to re-calc for the winter.

How? I make choices based on seasonal produce prices, not what I have a taste for. Also:

Foodsaver.gif

Great investment.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never done coupons, but the rest of your habits seem similar to mine. Do you just shop at one store, or do you get certain stuff here, certain stuff, there?

I kinda bounce around, certain stores are good for produce, others are good for meats, so I do it like that.

I usually go to one store for food stuffs, just cause I'm in more of a rural area and things are spread out. So whatever is on my way I'll stop there. I do dollar stores for stuff like cleaning supplies that I include in grocery money. I could get a lot more for the same amount if I would get meats from a certain store but there just isn't one on my way from anywhere.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's what we were spending from my all food budget that included eating out, which I did a lot.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
$150 a month for two people. I eat out only once a week. Some of that doesn't count the garden, and I would need to re-calc for the winter.

How? I make choices based on seasonal produce prices, not what I have a taste for. Also:

Foodsaver.gif

Great investment.

Yeah, I really need to get one of those food saver things. Especially with how much I fish, and the cost of gallon baggies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seriously?
I cheat. I eat dinner at my parents once a week and lunch at my parents once a week (That part will end as soon as I'll hopefully have a new job that will likely be no where near my parents house). I also go out once or twice on weekends. So food doesn't go as quickly in my house. I also don't really buy much beyond produce, meat (bulk of the expense), eggs, and Greek yogurt. And things like pancake mix will last me a long time. So there's that. I somehow haven't lost weight. Probably has something to do that I have a roommate who buys a ton of shit, offers me it, and probably takes up 75% of the food storage space in my house.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
/noderail

But who else makes home-made cleaning supplies and soaps to save a buck? I'll spend a weekend a year just making cleaning supplies. Also, a steamer is an awesome investment as well. Maybe this deserves it's own thread. But I find this to be a big money saver(as well as long term time-saver).