IST: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs (July 25-27)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Who cares?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It is against the Cards so please 2...

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • It is against Cards so at least 1...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, first and foremost, I HATE losing to the Cardinals.

And to Wainright.

But the silver lining is that today's starter was "a guy that matters" and he pitched 6 2/3 and only allowed a solo HR into the basket.

And, I suppose, the L doesn't hurt.

I would rather lose and see Hendricks pitch well than win a game in which he sucked.

And before the "we need to be 70-92, not 68-94" crowd weighs in......this is the LAST year the L's will be OK.

And, yes, it feels wrong to even write that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Why? Because they are in contention?
Because they have not been eliminated and the point is to go out and give your all to win each time. Thats the point in any sport. Its hard for me to say go out and lose.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Because they have not been eliminated and the point is to go out and give your all to win each time. Thats the point in any sport. Its hard for me to say go out and lose.

The good thing is that their are still a lot of players playing for positions next year and showcasing themselves. I am sure players like Castro, Rizzo, and formerly Shark were the most disgruntled because they knew they were out of it, and I am sure it weighed on them a little more.

Not that losing doesn't hurt for everyone, but if Baez and Soler come up, coupled with Alcantara, Wada, and Hendricks, I think it will bode well with their hustle and also meshing together with hopefully future team mates for next year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I do not EVER want them to go out and try to lose.
And I don't ever want them to lose.

But when they DO lose, and a "future guy" looks good, I am OK with it.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had some great seats at the game today. Twas a fun game, despite the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.