chicken noodle soup

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
made some homade chicken noodle soup in the ol pressure cooker today brahs and it was kills

chopped up celery and carrots and check it some potatoes (was a great addition wuz nervous about that) then added some noodles and chicken breast chopped up into bite sized pieces. then used Italian seasoning garlic and salt and pepper

another supprise I was worried wouldn't work out was didn't have any chicken boulion cubes so I used 6 packets from da ramon noodles and it turned out fine.

bottom line the shit wuz good so lets see some chicken noodle recipes for me to try out

Reactions: DC

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
not one recipe u non chicken noodle makin mofo's...not a dam one

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just boil a chicken whole. I don't think I have ever made it the same way twice. But it almost always tastes the same way.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've put a whole chicken, celery, carrots, some seasoning, and some chicken broth/water mix in a crockpot and let it cook all day. Remove all of the bones then add some noodles. Let that simmer for a bit then start tasting and adding whatever else it needs. Last time I made it, it wasn't very good. We added egg noodles and they were too mushy

Is that better? Are you OK now that we've added some recipes to your thread, hbk?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping for some earth shattering awesome recipe that I wuz gonna love due to the fact I enjoy chicken noodle soup...so much disappoint

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, you could start with a chicken next time, instead of bullion. IMO, it's a world of difference right there.

Last week I made a chicken and rice stew(but with bullion) and it was bland. Added curry and chili powder. Then it was supa-otragus

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping for some earth shattering awesome recipe that I wuz gonna love due to the fact I enjoy chicken noodle soup...so much disappoint

Boil whole chicken with onions, carrots, celery, and whole garlic. Let cool. Drain Stock. Pick chicken when cool

Boil egg noodles. To your prefence of how much noodle you like in your soup.

I dont do measurement so you are on your own with oil and stuff.

Saute 2 onions and 2 to 3 ribs of celery until tender. Add 5 cloves of garlic chopped until tender. Then depending on fat in pot add flour and make a roux.(2TLBS of oil you should use 2 TLBS of flour and so forth)You want a blonde roux. No color just thickness and awesomeness. Add back chicken stock with a whisk a little at a time to incorporate your roux. Bring to a boil. Let reduce to your thickness. Add the picked chicken and either half and half or heavy cream. Salt and pepper and the best part of it. Add curry powder to taste but be careful it is a strong flavor. Go a little at a time until preferred heatness and flavor.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boil whole chicken with onions, carrots, celery, and whole garlic. Let cool. Drain Stock. Pick chicken when cool

Boil egg noodles. To your prefence of how much noodle you like in your soup.

I dont do measurement so you are on your own with oil and stuff.

Saute 2 onions and 2 to 3 ribs of celery until tender. Add 5 cloves of garlic chopped until tender. Then depending on fat in pot add flour and make a roux.(2TLBS of oil you should use 2 TLBS of flour and so forth)You want a blonde roux. No color just thickness and awesomeness. Add back chicken stock with a whisk a little at a time to incorporate your roux. Bring to a boil. Let reduce to your thickness. Add the picked chicken and either half and half or heavy cream. Salt and pepper and the best part of it. Add curry powder to taste but be careful it is a strong flavor. Go a little at a time until preferred heatness and flavor.
that sounds good def gonna give that a go