Well...this settles the Cutler argument.

mecha

Liked Posts:
not kickers... does this apply here?

laces-out.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Quarterbacks often don't grip the laces before throwing a quick slant. Could be what Cutler is practicing here.

Oh stop it. Logical thinking isn't allowed here. Having played some QB in my younger days, it's not strange to do this on a quick short throw. But, imo, anyone that can spin the ball like Jay doesn't need to explain anything. Argue what you want about Jay, but THROWING the ball is NOT his problem. Stupid.....

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
This is for the eggspurts in the hizzy...... fuck Manning, how about the QB that kicked his ass?

Super-Bowl-2.jpg

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's got the laces. Textbook throw.
5craig0115.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is for the eggspurts in the hizzy...... fuck Manning, how about the QB that kicked his ass?

Super-Bowl-2.jpg

Ummmm. Hand size has a lot to do with how QBs throw the ball. BTW.... Manning threw a lot of wounded ducks in that game.

Liked Posts:
Jon Gruden made Johnny Manziel throw with footballs that didn't have laces during Jon Gruden's QB camp because he so often throws without them on quick passes. You can watch it starting at about the 41:20 mark on the video. [video=youtube;EIrLmgy1yR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIrLmgy1yR0[/video]

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon Gruden made Johnny Manziel throw with footballs that didn't have laces during Jon Gruden's QB camp because he so often throws without them on quick passes. You can watch it starting at about the 41:20 mark on the video. [video=youtube;EIrLmgy1yR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIrLmgy1yR0[/video]

lol, "Nobody has these balls"

I'm kind of surprised at this to be honest. Moving the football instantly to the laces seems pretty natural to me. Considering I turned down my only QB position in 8th grade to be a RB that averaged 1 ypc, I can see how I didn't play at their level, but still, I'd think a quick release would be like these guys snapping together a Rubik's cube at the NFL level.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'm just glad a few comments got everyone worked up into a nice foamy lather all over again to defend Cutler at any cost. It is truly a thing of beauty to watch the typical characters come in like sheep in lock step to defend Cutler.

The simple answer to this Cutler debate is can he get better and the answer is yes, HE CAN GET A LOT BETTER. Will he is the only thing up for debate and some of us have already made up our minds.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just glad a few comments got everyone worked up into a nice foamy lather all over again to defend Cutler at any cost. It is truly a thing of beauty to watch the typical characters come in like sheep in lock step to defend Cutler.

The simple answer to this Cutler debate is can he get better and the answer is yes, HE CAN GET A LOT BETTER. Will he is the only thing up for debate and some of us have already made up our minds.

He'll get better. I'm like the Men's Warehouse.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

You forgot to include the police blotter where Salaam ruined his career by smoking weed, and getting fat from getting the muchies. Such a promising career flushed down the toilet.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that All punters position laces up when they punt by the way..........

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
This is going great!

[video=youtube;givJPBMt7e0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=givJPBMt7e0[/video]

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Oh stop it. Logical thinking isn't allowed here. Having played some QB in my younger days, it's not strange to do this on a quick short throw. But, imo, anyone that can spin the ball like Jay doesn't need to explain anything. Argue what you want about Jay, but THROWING the ball is NOT his problem. Stupid.....

Just throwing it to the right person...

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The other day, I exchanged $5 for a footlong meatball marinara at a Subway.

After getting home and eating the sandwich, I scratched a lottery ticket and won $50.

I used that $50 to buy a really nice steak dinner.

So obviously I came out on top with that Subway exchange. Suckers.

Did the ticket come with the sandwich?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The importance of laces when throwing is likely overstated.