Chicago Bulls 72-10 Season

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Just looking up some old tubes and I came across this documentary on the Bulls historic 72-10 season. Sorry if posted before or already seen it, but I thought this particular one was well done. It's definitely worth watching when you got an extra hour of time, especially for those who didn't see it. It shows some on court trash talking well and stuff like that. It's tough to argue this wasn't the best NBA team of all time with that record.

[video=youtube;_Su7KbCdBCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Su7KbCdBCE[/video]

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just looking up some old tubes and I came across this documentary on the Bulls historic 72-10 season. Sorry if posted before or already seen it, but I thought this particular one was well done. It's definitely worth watching when you got an extra hour of time, especially for those who didn't see it. It show some on court trash talking well and stuff like that.

[video=youtube;_Su7KbCdBCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Su7KbCdBCE[/video]
Been meaning to watch this for a while.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Just got done, never get's too old for me!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I remember (thats a big if) I"ll watch this when I get home.

The 96 Bulls were the first year I was obsessed with basketball in 2nd grade. I doodled all the time in class and you'd find Bulls logos, player drawings, basketballs on just about anything I did. I had started to come on to the game during 1st grade shortly before Jordan's return, then his return really set me up. The playoffs were disappointing but the next season I just knew they'd be something special.

I can't say I remember watching a whole lot of games because frankly I was a kid who couldnt sit still. I did set up a basketball court in my basement using a kids hoop. I learned how to shoot a ball weirdly due to a low 8 foot ceiling. My dad put an old TV in the basement so I could watch games that were on NBC or WGN, but no cable. I was always more interested in playing than watching then anyways. Either way, was an interesting time for a Bulls fan, I do wish I was older to have appreciated it more though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats an interesting thing to bring up....I would think the league is ripe in the east for the Bulls or Cavs (with Love) to approach 70 wins this coming season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thats an interesting thing to bring up....I would think the league is ripe in the east for the Bulls or Cavs (with Love) to approach 70 wins this coming season.
I still find this highly unlikely. I'm not even sure if we'll see 62+.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Nah I don't think so. I could see Cavs hitting mid 60s but no chance at 70.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It was a special season. I kept milestone newspapers from that year, like many fans then I obviously followed it very closely. The NBA was VERY deep, and people constantly(mainly kids) call it a weak season for the NBA, but that was so far from the truth. The Bulls had crosshairs on their back all year long. And Gary Payton played Jordan defensively better than any player I can remember in the post-season. That was a serious NBA season loaded with tough teams.

Posted before.
oCagesx.jpg

One day I'll take better pictures of my Bulls newspaper collection. I have so many boxes of them.

I purposely pulled this one out, because Jeff Van Gundy kept saying the same Special person shit(when the LeBron Heat formed) that nobody predicted that the Bulls could win 70 games before the season. And he said that on repeat, which drove me to pull these out.

GBLuoIU.jpg

From BEFORE the season.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The East is getting better not worse. I doubt any team gets over 62 wins this season, let alone two in the same division.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
oCagesx.jpg

GBLuoIU.jpg

From BEFORE the season.

Major props for your collection, I can't even find my stupid Bulls horns I got from subway (I think) let alone a collection of papers.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a special season. I kept milestone newspapers from that year, like many fans then I obviously followed it very closely. The NBA was VERY deep, and people constantly(mainly kids) call it a weak season for the NBA, but that was so far from the truth. The Bulls had crosshairs on their back all year long. And Gary Payton played Jordan defensively better than any player I can remember in the post-season. That was a serious NBA season loaded with tough teams.

Posted before.
oCagesx.jpg

One day I'll take better pictures of my Bulls newspaper collection. I have so many boxes of them.

I purposely pulled this one out, because Jeff Van Gundy kept saying the same Special person shit(when the LeBron Heat formed) that nobody predicted that the Bulls could win 70 games before the season. And he said that on repeat, which drove me to pull these out.

GBLuoIU.jpg

From BEFORE the season.

Wow, that´s awesome and something I should add to my room ... :thinking:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Greatest team ever, son <3

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Crys...if you feel like it post them up...unfortunately the papers don't have any monetary value, but could make a great man cave or garage!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Crys...if you feel like it post them up...unfortunately the papers don't have any monetary value, but could make a great man cave or garage!

Believe it or not, I have some collectibles that aren't very collectible or valuable that I very much enjoy. These are some of them. :)

I used to also collect all of the sunday color comics for years. Then when I realized I had to many, I just started using old ones as wrapping paper for parties. They're always the talk of the party for that bit, and everyone ignores the rest of the present opening bit. "Hey, how old is that one, can I see it?" lol