IST Cubs at Mets

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Never been so happy to be utterly and totally wrong on him. I mean, I liked him as a trade piece for Feldman but I thought his start was unsustainable. Though, with his HR/FB at 4.7% it seems still some what lucky.

Not to brag, but I was excited when we got him and had a pretty good feeling that we had really gotten a steal... hopefully he doesn't suddenly start to make me look bad... :)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez takes walks. It will never be at a monster rate, but he has a good eye. He just gets himself to aggressive and will go through stretches where he is just swinging to swing. It comes with experience.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alcantara makes an awesome play. Baker then whiffs on catching a ball. Then, Alcantara makes a horrible throw he should have never made. Lucky we are tied.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, thats the most impressive home run of Castro career. That was a straight opposite field homer.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
And Strop is in line for the win... Lord knows he deserves it after blowing the lead in the 8th... :smh:

Wait, are there still people here who care about W/L records?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
And Strop is in line for the win... Lord knows he deserves it after blowing the lead in the 8th... :smh:

Wait, are there still people here who care about W/L records?

Always hated when guys give up the lead and then get the win, just seems not right to me. :yep:
Can't help but like Arietta's 7 innings with 2 hits and 9 K's, however. The Cubs get some decent pitching, and they win. It's only gonna get better too.... can't wait myself.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always hated when guys give up the lead and then get the win, just seems not right to me. :yep:
Can't help but like Arietta's 7 innings with 2 hits and 9 K's, however. The Cubs get some decent pitching, and they win. It's only gonna get better too.... can't wait myself.

Pitching hasn't been our problem. It's that we can't hit.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the score keeper should be able to award a W after a game is completed

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hendricks wont forget to cover first again.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alcantara just looks confused at the plate.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1-0 Mets. Duda hit a straight down the middle fastball out.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I wish this game was on WGN. It's always annoying with CSN games as "watching" via espn's box score sucks. Plus, I think Hendricks is an enjoyable watch. You can't help but be impressed but him thus far. Outside of the first inning in the majors he's been ridiculous. Outside the first inning he's pitched he's gone 45.2 IP and and given up 6 runs. And he's been so efficient with his pitches.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rizzo goes big fly. 2-1 Cubs. Alsom the umps have sucked this year. Baez called out on aa check swing by the homeplate umpire. He didnt swing and the homeplate umpire should not be making that call in the first place.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Rizzo goes big fly. 2-1 Cubs. Alsom the umps have sucked this year. Baez called out on aa check swing by the homeplate umpire. He didnt swing and the homeplate umpire should not be making that call in the first place.

Coghlan was pissed about that same thing yesterday... I hate umps.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez just crushed one. 4-1 Cubs. 5 homers in 60 AB's

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's probably the rule that there is the least amount of knowledge on across baseball. It's not if the barrel crosses the front of the plate or if the wrists break, or whatever the other misconceptions about the rule are. It's whether or not they meant to hit the ball. That's all that it is. It is annoying when they get the view from the side because it's irrelevant.

It's also the home plate umpire's call first and foremost. He is the one that should be making the call. He has a much better view of the batter being closer, thus can tell if he intended to hit the ball or not.